010-BLURRED-LINES

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Morning babe. I just went to the gym and did some bench presses and my muscles are just rippling with the thought of you."

 

"Is this how you talk to women, Jiyong?" 

 

The man on the other line groaned making Bom chuckle. She could practically see him hiding his face from embarrassment. It was nice to be related to such an amusing dork. 

 

"Noona!" he complained. "Give her her phone back!!" 

 

Bom smirked inspecting her nails. "Her who?" 

 

Jiyong made another grunting sound and before she knew it, he had already hung up. Bom looked at the screen with a smile and a shake of the head as she tucked Dara's phone back in her purse. She had already finished her classes for today and though going home sounded like heaven, she couldn't. 

 

Dara's parents have been ringing her phone earlier and she didn't have the guts to pick it up and tell them that she has the girl's phone. Bom knew how the tiny woman wanted to keep her private life with her family on the hush-hush. Seunghyun had told her that her family was fine and that it was just a preference. Nonetheless, she didn't bother to pry. Dara made a clear effort to divide her life at school with life at home and Bom kind of respected that about her. It wasn't a bad thing per se but it just shows how firm she was on her stance. Besides, she knew that Dara would tell her about herself when they become closer.

 

Sandara Park was just as firm as her cute, perky . 

 

Bom's eyes skimmed over the students on campus as she sipped her coffee. She thought about keeping Dara's phone for another day but she got thrown off by her parents' call. She didn't know what class was Dara in right now and she sure as hell couldn't ask her about it since she had her phone. Now she was just waiting by picnic table that faced the main hall of the school.

 

Against her wishes, she planned to give her back the phone before she leaves. Knowing Dara, she probably forgot that she didn't even have her phone. The girl barely looked at it in class even if it buzzed and rang incessantly. Like mentioned earlier, she was a firm one. 

 

That's why she wondered why Dara didn't cut off all ties with Jiyong if it bothered her so much. 

 

INCOMING CALL

Unknown Number

 

Bom answered it, taking a guess who it was. 

 

"Still me, dude."

 

The call ended immediately. 

 

A silent giggle escaped as she looked at her brother's 'Unknown Number' title. Smiling mischievously, she edited the name, her thumb pressing hesitantly on the letters as she slightly jutted her tongue out in thought. What kind of older sister would she be if she didn't play wingman to her clearly needy younger brother? Bom took out her own phone and sent something to Dara's phone. A few minutes later, she deleted the photo that she sent and her grin grew wider as she pressed save on her baby brother's not-so-unknown profile. 

 

She patted herself on the back for a job well done before directing her gaze back at the front doors. 

 

She didn't really know why Jiyong started this whole thing with Dara. Who knew that he'd still be hung up about the infamous incident between them? Bom laughed. It was absolutely perfect that Dara didn't remember him and his nickname. Who would even want to remember that? Bom shook her head again, snickering. She thanked the heavens that she was there to witness it all. 

 

On a side note, you must be wondering why the two siblings don't share the same last name. Yes, they are blood related. No, it's not some weird bull where they're cousins and siblings. 

 

That's gross. 

 

Let's just say that Mama Kwon got fed up with Papa Park's gambling profession, called it quits, and the children had to choose who they want to go with (there were no hard feelings but there was a lot of sulking involved). It also dealt with the fact that the two had gone estranged over the years and just fell out of love. Tragic, yes. Fortunately, they were able to retain some friendship and though the two wouldn't willingly meet up alone for chit-chat, they still had that unbreakable bond that was made by their children. They still met up as a family once in a while but acted more as the childhood friends that they started off as. 

 

Even more tragic and depressing. 

 

Uggghhh. 

 

They were still a tight-knit family and all. 

 

Although the fear of accidentally walking in on them doing mommy and daddy 'wrestling' was just no longer an issue. 

 

The bell rang and as if right on cue, she saw Dara rummaging through her bag as she stepped out of a class. With a twinkle in her eye, Bom stood up and mindlessly dialed Jiyong number, her eyes zeroing in on Dara who was still far away from her. 

 

"I swear I'm telling mom on you—"

 

"I'm hurt, Jiyong." She faked a gasp. "Here I am, helping you out with Dar—the girl and you go acting like a pissy teenager? I am utterly saddened by these turn of events."

 

There was a long pause before his voice came again. "Wait what did you say?" he muttered, low and laced with slight interest. 

 

"I am utterly saddened—"

 

"No, no, no!" he cut in. "Dar what? Was that her name? Dar? Or is it just a part of her name? Who the hell names their kid 'Dar'? That sounds so retarded—LY BEAUTIFUL! IT SOUNDS RETARDEDLY BEAUTIFUL! WHY DOES IT SOUND SO MAJESTIC IN MY EARS?" And in a whisper he asked, "Please don't tell me she's there." 

 

"Relax, she's not."

 

Jiyong let out an audible sigh of relief. 

 

Bom tip-toed up to get a better look at Dara in the crowd and she smiled when she found the top of her head. 

 

"Found her!" she squealed, parting the sea of students like Moses. 

 

"Good! Give the phone back to her!!! I wanna talk to her again and make myself feel human again!" 

 

Bom covered the phone and put it away from . "Dara!" she shouted, trying to get her attention. 

 

The girl's head immediately shot up, her eyes wide with panic. When Bom waved her phone to her, Dara breathed a deep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter