010-DUN-DUN-DUNUN!!!

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hi, my name is Kwon Jiyong." 

 

Then the group all shared an uninterested-sounding, "Hello Jiyong." 

 

"Hi, my name is Jiyong and I let my girlfriend put her fingers in my ." 

 

There was a strikingly deafening silence that ensued. 

 

"It was weird at first, 'cause y'know, it's a finger in a —a man . I mean, I don't mean to offend any here that do the doo-doo if you get what I'm saying... But yeah... it felt weird at first and then," he paused, suddenly blushing. "I kinda liked it."

 

An old, kindly man nodded understandably and smiled, "Welcome Mr. Kwon Jiyong to the group everybody." 

 

"Welcome." Chimed the uninterested voices once again. 

 

Jiyong breathed out a sigh of relief and sat back down with a new found hope in his system. The guy beside him gave him an empathetic pat on the shoulder and he had never felt so much brotherhood in his life. Closing his eyes, Jiyong nodded lightly, thanking him for his silent compassion. In turn, the man did the same, taking his hand back and subtly wiping his palm on his jeans. 

 

The next man stood up and introduced himself but before he could get further about his experience, the door slammed open. Everyone instantly turned to look towards the door and most of them couldn't be anymore happier to see a woman—a blonde and beautiful woman, for that fact. 

 

", she's hot." One man muttered. 

 

The guy beside him blew a shaky breath. "Oh my god, thank .... I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I like chicks." he chanted to himself. "I'm not gay. I like chicks."

 

"Chicks with big ." Another said, and the rest of the men yelled an 'Amen' for that. 

 

Thankfully (or unfortunately), Adrienne didn't understand Korean so she didn't hear how they ualized her to reassure themselves of their ual preferences. She did, however, noticed the looks they were giving her and she honestly didn't care. They can look but they can never touch. She was like their forbidden European fruit. Golden, delicious, and tempting. 

 

But this forbidden fruit had other plans. 

 

She went straight for the only man that was giving her a sour and annoyed look. Without another word, she hauled him off by the back of his collar, not even caring if he was suffocating because of her hold. Eventually, she took her hand away when he wouldn't stop coughing obnoxiously behind her. 

 

"Do you want to put it in my , pretty lady?!" One guy hollered, but they were out the door before she could give him the bird. The audacious man had the decency to use English and she unfortunately understood it. A disgusted shiver ran through her spine as she distractedly watch her boss in a fetal position on the floor as he coughed and held his throat. 

 

"What the were you doing there, sir?" She asked irately, using the romantic language of French. 

 

He shot her a look before resting his head against the cold, hard floor. "I'm having a crisis, Adie."

 

Adrienne looked at him incredulously before reading the flier that was pasted on the door they just left from, which was thankfully also written in English. They were in a basement of an old church in Seoul and her boss (and the others in that group) were apparently hoping to look for God's help to get through their... 'obstacles'.

 

Men of God who are attracted to Women
Meeting today at 11am-3pm

We will help to guide you to the path of enlightenment.
We will help you get back to the path of what is right.
Everyone is welcomed. Especially those brothers who are confused. 

 

And at the bottom, someone crudely added with a bold black marker:

 

We will guide you back to the path for the

 

South Korean churches sure were... modern, Adrienne couldn't help but think. 

 

From the corner of her eye, she could see Jiyong pushing himself up and dusting off his clothes. He was wearing crisp all-black suit and some ridiculously sequined yellow dress shoes. His secretary could just shake her head at such an atrocious sight. She'd first met him a couple of years ago with different but also appalling shoes and until this day, the man still couldn't get the godawful style he had concerning his feet. 

 

He cleared his throat and threw her a subtle glare. "I was in a very important meeting."

 

The French woman rolled her eyes as she fixed her glasses. They were supposed to be in an important meeting at 12pm but Jiyong suddenly canceled at the last minute. Adrienne truly got a shock of her life when she tracked his phone at this church. And yes, before you could ask, she tracks his phone whenever he's not with her. No it's not creepy. It's for the sake of their company. If she wasn't there, he'd probably go to a place that would tarnish his reputation like a strip club... or a church group that helps men assure themselves that they're not gay. 

 

"Should I inform Ms. Sandara Park of this meeting?" She threatened. 

 

Jiyong peered at her and said, "Why are you so evil?"

 

"Why are you so gay?"

 

His eyes grew deadlier, "I'm not gay..." He turned and walked away but before he could go farther, she heard him say, "I sure as hell hope not."

 

That earned him a once-in-a-blue-moon giggle from her and he quickly turned back to see the historic moment happen but she was already flashing him an annoyed look before he could witness it. Jiyong slightly pushed on her arm and that got him an even menacing glare. A resigned laugh escaped him as he hooked an arm on her shoulder as they headed for their waiting car.

 

"You're like the sister I never had." he sighed. 

 

"You already have a sister, sir." 

 

"You're like the sister I never had who wasn't a crazy, psycho ." he corrected. "And stop with the formalities. You're hurting my feelings." 

 

Adrienne cringed at his pout. "Let's be strictly professional here, sir." And at that, she disgustedly removed his arm from her shoulder and opened the car door for him. "Please get in so that we can continue the meeting."

 

Jiyong got inside while Adrienne followed. "I thought they'd cancel?" he asked.

 

"It's only 12:23pm. They were kind enough to wait for you when I told them that I would come get you." 

 

"You didn't even let me finish my personal meeting." he huffed. 

 

She rolled her eyes once more. "Why can't you just always be your business self?" 

 

He picked on his ear and snorted. "Because I'd rather have a life."

 

There was really no way of getting to him at this point.

 

"Has my dear love called yet?"

 

She shook her head and sighed, "This is going to go nowhere, sir."

 

"Au contraire, madamoiselle." On the contrary, madame. He winked. "This is going exactly like what we planned."

 

Ahh yes. Kwon Jiyong has a very good plan in mind.

 

At least that's what he thinks...

 

At least that's what Seunghyun and him think.

 

Two days ago

 

"Dara says that she wants you to be a boring, old dud."

 

Jiyong turned off his cartoons and sat seriously with his elbows against his knees.

 

"But that's so..."

 

"Boring, I know." He could practically see him rolling his eyes. "She told me that she wanted you to be normal, so yeah, you have to be boring now, I guess."

 

Jiyong was truly beside himself. "I don't even know how to act... boring." He said the word as if it was a sin.

 

"I know right???" Agreed the man-child. "I don't know about you, Jiyong, but that girlfriend of yours is truly crazy in the head."

 

He laughed at that, "Yeah but she's my crazy."

 

"Awww don't ruin our moment by being sweet."

 

"Sorry, it's in my blood."

 

"Do you know what would make me feel better?" He paused, "Let me see your mom."

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows. "What? No! Wait, why...?"

 

"Have you seen your mom?" He asked incredulously.

 

"Dude, she's my mom." Jiyong deadpanned.

 

"And she's so goddamn beautiful—"

 

"And she's so goddamn pregnant."

 

"It's never too late, son!"

 

"So why did she want me to be boring again?" Jiyong desperately wanted to change the subject.

 

"Right... She told me that you were too immature" he said. "That you didn't act like your age and all of that stupid ."

 

He frowned. "Oh. I thought she thought it was cute."

 

"That girl is just a world full of mystery."

 

"What am I gonna do now, Seunghyun-ah? She's not gonna love me anymore!" Even Jiyong laughed at his own childish tone. 

 

Seunghyun chuckled a little. "I think you're exaggerating here a little. It's been a long time since Dara had a boyfriend and... did you know that their lady parts get depressed if they don't get used?"

 

"What are you trying to tell me, man?"

 

"Dara's probably gonna stick around so that she could satisfy her feminine needs." Seunghyun hummed thoughtfully. "We don't want her lady parts getting depressed, now do we?" 

 

"No..." he muttered unsurely.

 

"And I guess you have to be boring so that she could stick for a while longer."

 

Jiyong groaned. "Am I gonna be her boring now?" 

 

"Don't worry, dude. You're gonna be the greatest boring she could ever have." 

 

He frowned. "That sounds awful." 

 

"There we go! You're being negatively realistic. You're one step ahead to the road of being a plain Jane, my good man!" Seunghyun cheered. 

 

"Can't I be boring in another way?" Jiyong complained. Even the thought of the word 'boring' was making him shudder and want to run to Dara so he could be less dull. His woman always brought out the best and the most exciting in him.

 

There was silence on the other line and Jiyong had to look if Seunghyun was still there. The phone almost fell out from his grasp when the tall alien's voice chimed. "How about ignoring her?" 

 

"Ignore her how?" His eyes turned into slits at the idea.

 

"Better yet, just act like Dara—a tsundere!" 

 

"You mean pout and get angry at everything I say?"

 

"EXACTLY—"

 

"I can't do that." He interrupted. "I can't get angry at her. Every time I look at Dara, I just..."

 

"Let's not go there, man." Seunghyun said. "Save the talk for when they implant a on you."

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes as his hand languidly his little puppy's coat. He just got Gaho back recently when he gave Adrienne a short leave to go back to France. Jiyong had left him there with his friend and he forgot how much he missed his little pudgy baby until he held him in his arms again. Now Gaho and him were inseparable. 

 

"Okay. Try to act cold around her. Act like you're too busy." he paused, adding, "But continue being cute... Like I said, be a tsundere!!"

 

He grunted in response. "I don't think that'll work."

 

"No, no, don't worry about it. This is foolproof! Girls always like a game of push and pull. Make her neeedddy!!" And it was followed by a conniving snicker. 

 

"I don't know..." 

 

Seunghyun sighed. "Alright, try it for three days and if she isn't already starting showing signs of being needy, then just stop. How about that?" 

 

"Wait, I thought I was gonna make Dara like me even more, not make her needy." 

 

Seunghyun ticked his tongue. "Making her needy is a bonus! Dara will like you more either way!" 

 

"Seunghyun..."

 

"I'm betting 100 won on this, Jiyong."

 

Jiyong sputtered incredulously. "That's not even a dollar—"

 

"This is not the time to make fun of my lower-middle class status, Mr. Kwon!" He harrumphed. "Just trust me on this."

 

And that he did and this was when Jiyong realized that Choi Seunghyun was truly a genius.

 

Adrienne let out a long-suffering sigh as she pulled out his personal phone from her pocket. Jiyong made her keep it so that he wouldn't be tempted to check if his baby has been needy for daddy. 

 

"You got 3 missed calls and 10 texts." the French woman deadpanned. "Mr. Kwon, this is—"

 

She was interrupted by a loud ringtone and Jiyong grinned at the sight of the caller idea. Like an excited puppy, he snatched the phone away from the irritated and slightly confused woman before clearing his throat and answering. His expression completely changed as soon as he answered. His face grew devoid of emotion and his voice became monotone. 

 

"Hello?" Came the man's business voice. 

 

There was a beat of silence before he heard a breath. At that, his resolve crumbled and his face instantly contorted into one of blissful hysteria. Jiyong was about to show her how much he missed her when—

 

"YAAHHHHH!!!! KWON JIYONG!!!!!!!" 

 

Even the people outside their car heard Dara scream. 

 

Out of sheer panic and fear, he instinctively ended the call and threw it on Adrienne's lap. The woman smirked and shook her head smugly. "I told you that this was only going to do more harm than good." she whispered with a playful tone. Gulping anxiously, Jiyong's entire being started shutting down and after 5 breaths, he was knocked out cold by a panic nap. Adrienne laughed, highly amused. She carefully tucked the phone back in his pockets before shaking her head once more. 

 

Her boss may be ruthless and critical when he runs their business but he was a complete child when it came to his personal life. 

 

It's a good thing that Jiyong knows how to choose the right people. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara gritted her teeth when Jiyong so rudely hung up on her. It has been like this for the past two days and it seems like the man wanted to die early. She didn't know what she did or said to get her this silent treatment but that, she was mad as hell. If they were pointing at victims here, it should be her! She didn't do anything wrong!

 

... 

 

At least, that's what she believes. 

 

A woeful sigh escaped her lips as she absently wore her shoes and put her handbag over her shoulder. Her father, who had been watching her from the kitchen, walked up to her, clad in all his t-shirt and boxers glory. Noticing his presence from the corner of her eyes, Dara groaned when she saw her father's clearly fashion forward outfit. If the man more or less move his leg, she'll get a front row view of the hole in his boxers that would potentially blind her eyes. 

 

"Where are you going? I thought you didn't have work." The short but adorably pudgy man inquired as he scratched an inch on his side. 

 

Dara got up and kissed and patted him on the cheek with a smile. She always thought that her father was the cutest thing. "I'm just gonna see my friend."

 

"A boyfriend?" he couldn't help the knowing smile. "You're brother and sister told us that you have a boyfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter