010-RISKY-BUSINESS

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong ended the call with his secretary as he stepped inside their mother's terrace. Her house was on the outskirts of Seoul where only few houses resided in. It was perfect for her. It was quiet and serene just as its owner. 

 

He pocketed his phone noticing that Bom was already there and leaning on the rails that overlooked a sandy beach. Their parents weren't here, yet they were the ones that told them to go straight to the terrace. Jiyong walked over beside her sister and leaned along with her. Bom took off her shades and zeroed down on his dress shoes. She scoffed and put her shades back on. 

 

"Your shoes will forever be ridiculous." she muttered dryly. 

 

He shrugged. "Dara liked them. In fact, she told me they were awesome."

 

 Bom snorted. "Has she seen them when she's sober?" 

 

"This is why Dara isn't attracted to you, Debby Downer." 

 

Bom was about to punch him and Jiyong was already about to pivot his foot for a battle stance when they were interrupted by a clear of the throat. They both turned to see their mother in a white maxi dress with a halter neck while their father wore a crisp beige shirt along with some slacks. 

 

If they knew any better, one wouldn't tell that their mother was already 50. She looked like she was in her early to mid-30s at most. Their father was no less different but he did look too rugged and it made him more mature. 

 

"It's nice seeing us all together like this." Changhee sighed contentedly. 

 

"We saw each other 2 days ago."

 

Bom gave Jiyong a snide look before scurrying over to their mother. "Are you alright? Do you want me to get you anything?" 

 

Since the divorce, Bom mostly stayed with Changhee while Jiyong with Eun Ae. As soon as they reached adulthood, both children moved out and made their own lives, forgetting they had parents to worry about. Now they face the guilt of losing precious time with the people who cared for them. 

 

Jiyong put a hand on Eun Ae's back and began to soothe it. "Tell us if you need anything, omma."

 

They realized that they didn't really know much about them. If their father said that they've been seeing each other for the past 3 years, then they were clearly missing something concerning their parent's personal lives. And with a baby on the way, it made them agree to get closer and take care of them as much as they could. 

 

A baby to them could be seen as a second chance. They all thought the same. Unknowingly, the little thing brought them together and made them a whole again. Even though a baby at her age was a big risk, the old parents firmly believe that it was a risk worth taking. Bom and Jiyong were hesitant at first but they gradually warmed up to the idea. It was still overwhelming to hear that your 50 year old mother has a baby in her stomach. 

 

Eun Ae shook her head amusedly and sat down on one of the terrace chairs. "I'm fine. The baby hasn't fully developed yet so my body still feels normal." she chuckled. 

 

"Omma..." Jiyong frowned. 

 

"C'mon, let's eat." Changhee clapped. "We didn't call you out here to waste such a fine day." 

 

Servers hurried over to set up their table while the two children just watched everything unfold in their eyes. Amidst all the clanking of cutlery and the food settings, their eyes focused on the once estranged couple who seemed to be caught up in their own world.

 

If they had explained what had happened to them, maybe Jiyong and Bom would help to make their marriage work. They were only kids back then and they were blinded by all the legalities and law suits the two put up against one another. It made them believe that they truly despised one another but they should have known that it wasn't the case because they still allowed the two of them to meet each parent freely. 

 

In the end though, what's done is done and now they have to face the reality of it all.

 

Bom shifted in her seat and thanked the lady who handed her her meal. She gave her parents an uneasy glance before doing the same with Jiyong. "Are you getting back together then?" 

 

"Of course." their father nodded, propping his arm to rest on the back of Eun Ae's chair. "We're starting off fresh. A clean slate, if you will."

 

"But what about the divorce? What about all the legal stuff?" 

 

Changhee snorted, shrugging. "It's been nulled and voided."

 

"What?!" the two chorused. 

 

Jiyong was the first one to calm down from the high. "Since when?"

 

Eun Ae shot them a curious glance before saying, "Why are you two suddenly so interested about the divorce?"

 

"Oh I don't know, maybe it's because you fought like you'd never get back with each other." Bom remarked. "Like ever again." 

 

"We made it. We have the power to destroy it." Changhee said simply.

 

"But it's not—"

 

"If this is about the money you need to pay us back." he shot them a knowing look and they immediately shut their mouth. "That's gone too. Besides, we don't need more money."

 

"That's it?" Bom asked incredulously.

 

Jiyong ticked his tongue, shaking his head, "No, it can't be. A legal proceeding that long can't possibly be nullified that easily." 

 

"It wasn't nullified easily, Jiyong."

 

They looked at their mother with furrowed brows. 

 

"Counteractions to cancel it have been going on for more than a year now." she said. "It's currently in the process. We tried to keep it contained as possible because it'll cause a bigger complication when people find out."

 

Jiyong leaned on his chair with a relieved sigh. "So that's really it?" he flashed his sister a smile and was rewarded the same. 

 

"Yes, so you are both free to leave again." 

 

"W-What?" Bom sounded offended. 

 

Changhee looked over from his plate as he chewed on his steak. "Weren't you guys in a panic because of the legalities that you two had to face?"

 

Bom bit her lip while Jiyong looked away.

 

"It's fine. It's completely understandable. I mean, I should know I gamble for a living and risked a ton for every move I make."

 

Eun Ae hit her ex-husband in the arm. "Language." she scolded.

 

He just laughed, kissing her hair before looking back at the children. "Anyway, if you're still worried about the that you did when you were young... don't be. Everything has been handled, and like I said, we're starting with a clean slate." he said, "We just really wanted to tell you the news and by your outstanding reactions," he shot sarcastically, "We know now what we expect from you."

 

Bom raised a brow. "And that is?"

 

Eun Ae gripped Changhee's sleeve and mentally told him to stop but he just kissed her head. 

 

"That we didn't raise you properly." he said somberly. "Did it occur to any of you that neither of you congratulated your mother? She has a baby for Christ' sake. You guys are going to have a little brother or sister and yet you looked at it as if it was a nuisance."

 

Bom and Jiyong remained quiet.

 

"Now tell me," Changhee's voice was gruff. "How can we expect to support you, our children, when you didn't even support us?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, call the shareholders and the executives." he murmured in French. "We're going to have an emergency meeting as soon as I get back." 

 

"Alright, Mr. Kwon but..."

 

Jiyong breathed an impatient sigh. "What is it?"

 

"Is this really a good idea? Your line just recently hit the mainstream market here. I mean—"

 

"I know what I'm doing." he interrupted. "I'll handle it, Adrienne." 

 

"Okay, Mr. Kwon. You have a lovely morning there."

 

"It's barely dawn actually." he yawned, smiling. "Have a good evening. And make sure things don't go to , alright?"

 

"Duly noted." 

 

The line went dead and Jiyong rubbed his aching temples. Begrudgingly, he took out the suit case he had tucked under Bom's guest bedroom and began repacking and rearranging his things. Bom, who was carefully watching him on the door, finally stepped in and made her presence known. 

 

"You're a little eavesdropper, aren't you?" he remarked, not looking up.

 

"Are you really moving back here?" 

 

Jiyong shrugged. "I have to move back one of these days."

 

Bom sat down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter