Chapter 8

Now Or Never

Changkyun was cleaning the floors of mcdonalds. Trying to earn enough money to get a place to sleep. when 2 guys with suits come in the small restaurant. At first he didn't think much of it. And went back to cleaning the floor. But When one of the guy went up to the cashier asking them if they knew someone name lee changkyun. Changkyun quickly throwed the mop and started running.  The 2 men were waiting for an answer from the cashier when they saw changkyun run. They looked at eachother confused at first, but when the cashier said that's him they runned after him.   It was a good 10 minutes Chas until changkyun started to feel pain in his chest and stop to catch his breath. One of the man who was behind changkyun the whole time signaled the other that changkyun has stopped. He walked to changkyun asking him if he was alright. “ who are you guys.” changkyun asked with a shaky voice. “ my name is hyunwoo and this is wonho we were send by your father to find you”  “ my father” “ yess mr.lee won”  “ I don't have a father.” changkyun said standing up to only fall back down. “Here why don't you sit down and breath for a minute you don't look so good.” wonho said helping changkyun. While wonho was helping changkyun hyunwoo made a call. “ kid we need you to come with us” wonho said with a soft voice.  “ I don't just go with strangers.” “ we aren't no stranger we work for your father.” wonho said.

“ did you find him.” won said over the phone. “Yes sir we found him but he is refusing to come with us.” hyunwoo said. “ tell him i want to talk to him.” “ yes sir.” hyunwoo said passing the phone to wonho who passed to changkyun.  “Hello who's this.” changkyun said with a low voice. “ hello kyunie” the sec changkyun heard his nickname he knew who it was. At that  moment a part of him wanted to hung up and run, but the other half was desperate. “ do you remember me.” won said after not hearing from changkyun. “yeah” changkyun said holding back tears. “that's good but i want you to follow those to men back to korea.”  “ why.“ “ what do you mean why I am your father and you do what i say.” won said with a harsh tone he didn't meant to use. Changkyun take a deep breath and said okay before passing the phone to one of the hyungwoo. ”yes sir” hyunwoo said putting the phone away. “mr.lee come with us.” “ call me changkyun.” changkyun said standing up.  “alright changkyun.” wonho said showing changkyun to the car.

Throughout the ride to the airport all changkyun could think about was how he should make a run for it. He didn't understand why his father all of suddenly is looking from him. The man send him to boston only to forget him there for 6 years. while changkyun aunt threw him out when he was 13 when his father stop sending her money to supported him. And that was the first time changkyun learned he was alone in this world and no matter where he goes he will never fit in. And all the people that comes in his life will only leave him heartbroken. Wonho gived hyunwoo a concerned look when he saw changkyun looking so blank and emotionless.“ hey kid you alright.” hyunwoo asked with a little worried tone. Changkyun nodded but didn't look away from the window. “ do you want something to eat before we get on the plane. “ no thank you i am fine.” “ you don't look fine your face is to pale.” wonho said reaching to touch changkyun head to see if he had a fever. But the second he tried to placed his hand on changkyun head. Changkyun flich almost like if he was about to get hit or something. which kind of worried wonho. “ hyunwoo i think we should stop and get something to eat or this kid would faint.” wonho said still looking at changkyun.  Hyunwon stopped at the nearest restaurant not being too far away from the airport. “ come on” wonho said opening changkyun door. “ i already said i was fine I'm not hungry.” changkyun said trying to close the door. “ if you're fine then when was the last time you ate.” hyunwoo asked. “ 2 days ago.” changkyun said looking down. Hyunwoo and wonho looked at each other again but this time they were shocked. “ get of the car.” wonho said pulling changkyun out. Hyunwoo held the restaurant door open while wonho dragged changkyun inside, they tooked a sit near the window waiting for a menu. A woman in about her 40s with a bright yellow dress come out with three glass of water and placed a menu at the table, telling them to take there time. Wonho smiled and thank her while hyunwoo kept his eyes on changkyun.       

After 4 minutes wonho signaled the lady that they were ready. “What can i get your boys”  the waiter said smiling holding her notepad and clicking her pen waiting for an answer. “can i get the ham burger with fries and a small coke.” wonho said closing his menu. “ i will get the chicken wings with the double fries and coke thank you.” hyunwoo said passing the menu to her. “ and what can i get you kid.” the waiter said to changkyun who just had his meun open. “ ummm can i just get a refill for some water i am not that hungry.” changkyun said closing the menu and giving the waiter a smile. Wonho just shook his head. “ he will get the same thing as me.” wonho said giving her the menu. Few minutes later the waiter come out with there food. “ you boys enjoy now and call me if you need anything else.” she said while hyunwoo and wonho thanked her. Hyunwoo smiled when he saw changkyun eating. They knew the kid was hungry but he was to stubborn to say he was. But they also felt bad knowing the kid didn't eat for 2 days or some days even longer.  while his father is the ceo of one of korea's best selling markets. After finishing their meal and paying they went on there way to the airport.