chapter 13

Now Or Never

 

Lina walked in to see who got hurt she was surprised to see changkyun on the chair unconscious. She quickly help him up and clean the wound which wasn't that bad. She just wonder why the blood wouldn't stop. Changkyun started to gain his  conscious he looked around confused then shut his eyes closed when Lina flashed a flashlight in his eyes. “how you feel hun.” she asked curiously while putting the light back on the pocket of her white uniform. “ o okay I think.” he said opening his eyes just before closing them back when he felt light headed. “ so how did you manage to get yourself hurt on your first day of school.” Lina asked while holding back her laugh. “ I ah didn't see the ball.” changkyun said opening his eyes and looking down. “ how did I get here.” he asked still looking down ashamed. “your hero jooheon brought you here.” Lina said looking at changkyun to see if he was going to smile or laugh when she said that. But was only greet with sad and scared look. “hey are you okay kid.” she asked feeling bad after saying that. Changkyun only nodded then got up. “ changkyun right.” she said helping him up. “ I want you to take it easy alright. And tell your parents to take you to hospital when you get home.” Lina said walking changkyun to the door. Changkyun nodded his head but quickly stopped when he felt the sharp stab. He gives the dark haired nurse a small weak smile then started walking to his class.

After 5th period was over it was time to go home. Changkyun was so happy when he heard the bell ring he was the first  out of of the class. He just couldn't be in that room again with everyone looking at him and talking about him like he isn't there at all. He grabbed tight to his bag and walk to the parking lot where his brother park the car. Only to find the car gone and his brother nowhere to be found.  He took a deep breath he wanted to cry the pain wouldn't leave his head and know he had to walk home. Changkyun thought how worse could this day get when he saw taehyun and his friends walking his way. “ oh great.” changkyun said to himself and started to walk away as fast as possible. When he thought he was far from the school he start to walk slower but the only problem he had was he didn't know his way home. So he spend 30 minutes standing  at the bus stop thinking how he would get home. He didn't have a phone or knew anyone around to ask for help. That's When his brother pulled up next to him. And changkyun wouldn't tell this to anyone but he was so glad to see him. He smiled but it wasn't long lived when he saw his brother angry face. “ get in the car before I leave your here.” jooheon said. changkyun lowered his head and runed inside the car. “If you're not at the parking lot at exactly 3:30 when the last bell rings i will leave you again. You're just lucky i was passing through here and saw your sorry standing there.” jooheon said while he started driving. Changkyun who was sitting in the back just nodded his head slowly. The car ride home was quiet and awkward changkyun didn't have a problem with it, he was a quite person himself but something about being in a car with jooheon made him feel uneasy. After couple minutes on the road they finally got home. Changkyun went up to his room wanting to sleep his headache of, while jooheon went in the kitchen to make himself something to eat.

There was a knock on the door that made jooheon stop what he was doing he went to open the door. And there stood 4 of his friends holding snacks and DVDs he looked at them raising his eyebrow up curious. “ stop looking at us like that and move out the away.” gun said pushing jooheon out of the way entering the house. “why are you guys here.” jooheon asked closing the door when the other 3 come in. “ will obviously we come to hung out and watch a movie.” minhyuk said throwing himself on the couch. “ i can see that why don't you do that somewhere else i don't have time to watch a movie with you guys.” “ what are you doing.” kihyun asked sitting next to gun and minhyuk on the couch. “ noting why.” jooheon said going into the kitchen to grab the sandwich he made. “ then movie it is. Man try to loosen up and have fun we are seniors this is our last year together.” hyungwon said putting in the dvd and playing the movie. Jooheon only shook his head and sat on the floor. “ umm jooheon.” “yeah kihyun.” “where's your brother.” kihyun asked nervously he knew jooheon would get angry if he brought changkyun up. “ in his room.” jooheon said not looking up from the tv. Kihyun nodded and got up. Kihyun made himself to changkyun room and quality opened the door. There he saw changkyun lying on his bed asleep. After seeing changkyun asleep kihyun went back down. “ so” hyungwon asked looking up from the tv. “ His sleeping.” kihyun said sitting down on the couch.

When the movie ended jooheon opened the door and told his friends time to go. “ come on joo let's as spend the night here.” minhyuk said giving jooheon his best puppy face. “ that ugly face of yours won't work on me so get out all of you. We have school tomorrow and there's no way I am staying up all night.” jooheon said waiting for his friends to leave. “yeah sure goodnight.” gun said walking out the others waved and jooheon closed the door. After cleaning up the mess they made jooheon went to bed calling it a night.

Changkyun waked up from the sharp pain in his head. He jump of the bed running to the bathroom shutting the door behind him. Everything around him started to spin and then went dark he stood next to the bathroom door holding the doorknob tightly trying to Keep a steady breathing until he got his focus back. It took almost 10 minutes until changkyun could finally see again the pain was still there but it wasn't as bad. He slowly bend over the bathroom sink splashing cold water on his face.

Jooheon was about to fall asleep when he heard the bathroom door being shut really hard. He got of his bed to check who it was, he already knew who but he wanted to  know why the hell  changkyun closed the door so hard. He was about to open the bathroom door when he hard a unsteady breathing with no movement. Jooheon could feel himself getting worried for a sec then remained himself that changkyun was nothing but a worthless bastard. But he didn't leave he stood outside the bathroom door for couple minutes until he heard the water turn on. When he heard the water and changkyun moving around the bathroom he went back to bed.

Changkyun splashed his face with the cold water that was easing the sharpening pain in his head. Changkyun felt his throat dry up he covered his mouth coughing painful coughs that made him wanting water. After coughing for a whole minute changkyun removed his hand from his mouth. He was about to watch his hands when he saw blood covered on the hand he was holding his mouth. Scared all changkyun wanted to do was run into his brother room and tell him something was wrong with him. But he was afraid to do that he was afraid jooheon telling him to get the hell out and yell at him. And there was no way he was going to tell his father to changkyun that was the man who send him overseas only to abandon him there. Not knowing what to do changkyun sat on the cold bathroom floor bringing his knees to his chest while his bangs covered the small tries running down his face.