Chapter 15

Now Or Never

Around 8 in the morning the house phone ringed jooheon got up to answer it wondering who was calling this time. he answered the phone while rubbing his eyes from sleep. “hello” “ hello is this lee changkyun” the other line said. “ no but I get the phone to him give me a sec.” jooheon said taking the phone to his brother room. “ hey you got a call.” jooheon said passing the phone to changkyun who was sitting on the edge of his bed. Changkyun took the phone thanking his brother. “ hello” “ hello changkyun.” “ yeah” changkyun said watching  jooheon leave the room.  “ mr.lee we would like you to get to the hospital as quick as possible.” the other person on the line said. “ is everything alright.” changkyun asked “ we would like to discuss with you personally.” “okay I will be right there.” changkyun said hanging up the phone. He grabbed his coat and slowly got up trying not to make his headache worse then it was.

Jooheon come out of the bathroom only to find changkyun room empty with the phone on his bed. He looked around the house but changkyun wasn't anywhere to be found.

Changkyun arrived at the hospital check in and sitting down. He thought about every possible thing the doctor would. He just hoped they would give him some medication to make his pain to go away.

“ Mr.lee Dr. Han want to see you.” changkyun got up taking heavy steps to Dr. Han office. “ “good morning changkyun please take a sit.”  the doctor said. Changkyun sit across from the doctor biting his lower lip. “ sokid I got you results back and things don't look so good.” the doctor said giving changkyun a small sad smile. “ What is it.” changkyun asked preparing for the endless possibilities. “ I would like to talk to your parents changkyun this is going to be hard.” the doctor said looking down. “ I don't have any can you please just tell me what's wrong with me.” changkyun said frustrated. “will your M.R.I  results come back and it says you have a brain Tumor.” The doctor said looking changkyun waiting for changkyun reaction. Changkyun didn't wanted to believe it he wanted to run back home and forget everything the doctor said. He knew he wasn't the healthiest kid but having a tumor that was a blow to everything. Changkyun looked at the doctor holding back tears. “ I signed you some medication but in the meantime I would like you to rest and eat. And have a friend or a family member to help you around. You could get a surgery to remove tumor but it's going to be very dangerous. You tumor is pretty big and it looks so good.” the doctor said with a low voice feeling sad that a young kid like changkyun could have his whole live taken because of this. Changkyun gives the doctor a smile before standing up. “ kid listen to me I want you to be strong and win this battle okay.” changkyun nodded and left. He quickly runned to the bathroom throwing up noting. He curled up against the toilet crying. He felt weak and helpless. Everything around him seemed dark and far. He rocked himself back and forth while this dark thought took over. “ why does everything happen to me. What have i done to deserve something like this.” changkyun said to himself thinking about his life from his alcoholic mother who never loved him. His father the man the abandon him. And a brother who hate him for being born. With every thought changkyun curled into a small ball. He seat on the empty ground with only tears left. Before changkyun knew he was inside the bathroom for more than 2 hours. He took a deep breath wiping his tears away and got up. With shaky feet changkyun found his away to the bus. He sat in the back pulling his black hoodie over his head. He tried to hold the tires back but let them drop. Cause he knew in the end no one cares about him to ever ask him if he is alright.

Jooheon started to get worried it's been over 4 hours since changkyun disappeared. He sat on the couch thinking what happened and who was on the phone. He grabbed the phone giving the number a call back. He knew how sick his brother was and worry was eating him. “What if passed out somewhere. What if someone one kidnapped him.” jooheon laugh with his crazy thoughts. “ hello this is seoul hospital how may I help you.” a woman's voice asked. Jooheon was shocked to find out it was the hospital that called. “ ummm yes I am looking for lee chan.... “ Jooheon said but got cut of when he saw his brother. He put the phone down got up. He look at his brother confused,

changkyun eyes were red and Buffy he looked at his brother when he felt a tear rolled down he didn't have the strength to whip it. “ dude you okay.” jooheon asked looking at changkyun with concern. Changkyun nodded and went upstairs to his room. Jooheon followed him wondering what happened.

Changkyun was about to close his door when jooheon stopped him. “ are you okay.” jooheon asked. Changkyun signed and walked to his bed throwing himself on. Jooheon walked over to him shaking him if he's alright and before changkyun knew it he was yelling at his brother to leave me alone. Causing jooheon to flinch “dude chill I just wanted to know if you are alright.” “ just leave me alone please ” changkyun said looking at his brother with teary eyes. Jooheon stood back taken back by changkyun reaction. Seeing changkyun cry with some much pain in his eyes made his heartache. He walked away giving changkyun his space while he try to figure out what happened.