Chapter 1

Now Or Never

Jooheon was 12 when his dad sat him down and told him he had a younger brother. Growing up as an only child it was jooheon dream to have a younger sibling. But he was confused when his dad told him he had a younger brother. “ dad what you mean I have a younger brother.” he asked curious and confused. Won didn't know where to started he never felt so scared telling his son something. “dad” jooheon said after noticing his father wasn't moving.

Won tooked a deep breath before telling his son the big news. “listen kiddo me and your mom are getting a divorce.” jooheon looked at his father more confused. “ why will mom divorce you.” jooheon asked. He remembers his parents having a fight the week before. And the morning after his mom was gone. To jooheon it seemed normal his parents got into a lot fights but they always make up after. “ you know how I told you you have a younger brother.” “yeah” “I had an affair 11 years ago after me and your mom got into a fight. I never told your mother about what happened and tried to forget about it. Couple months later I heard the woman was pregnant. I told her to get an abortion. But she told me it was too late and she having the baby.”  Jooheon  looked at his father still processing what he was saying. “about 2 weeks ago the court called me to come pick him up after she died. Your mother find out and asked for a divorce.” after understanding what his father just said. He got up and left the living room. locking himself inside his room angry. It started to make sense to him why his mom was gone. and why she was screaming at his dad the week before she left.

Won wanted to run after his son and apologized, but he got call saying pick up changkyun. Before he left he told jooheon he was going to pick up changkyun and will be right back. After won left the house jooheon went down stairs to call his mom. “ hey mom can you come pick me I don't want to stay here” he said holding back tears. “ I am sorry honey I left the country for a bit. but after I come back I will come and get you.” jooheon mom said before hanging up the phone on jooheon. Jooheon held tight to the phone before throwing it on the ground angry. He wanted to rip the house apart.

Won went to the train stop near seoul university to look for changkyun. He was looking around for 10 minutes and there was no sign of him. He called his friend who was taking care of changkyun for a little bit. until won could tell his wife and son about changkyun. “hey did you find him.” “ no are you sure you got him on the right train.” “ yes won I am not stupid.” “ I been looking around here for 20 minutes and 3 trains went by and there no sign of him.” “won” “ yeah” “ do you even know how he looks.” won thought himself just before releasing he doesn't know how his own son looks like. “ yeah I know how he looks” he lied. “yeah sure by the way his wearing a black hoodie and has a small red bag.” won looked around for a person with black hoodie and red bag. “ there a lot of people with black hoodies and red bag that's no help.” “ ughh won are you serious look for a kid that looks pretty small to be his age.” won looked up again and notice the small kid sitting across from him with his head down. “ hey I think I find him, I will call you later.” he said hanging up the phone.

“Hey are you changkyun” changkyun looked up and nodded before looking back down again. “Hey I am won your dad nice to meet you.” “wow that sounded weird” won thought to himself.  changkyun kept quiet to which won that it was a sign he wanted to leave. “come on I will take you home.” Changkyun got up and grabbed his bag following his dad.

Won kept looking back to make sure changkyun was behind him until they got in the car. He drived thinking of a way to start a conversation. He never felt so awkward being in the car with someone. “so your 11 right?” won said looking up at his rear mirror. Changkyun nodded and went back  looking at the window. “ you look pretty small for you age I thought you were like 8 or something.” won said laughing. He notice how changkyun didn't smile or look up. “ man this is going to be a long day.” won said to himself thinking what will happen once they get home.