chapter 16

Now Or Never

For 3 days straight changkyun stayed home not wanting to go school. He just cried on his pillow not once leaving his room. His headaches got worse  the more he cried. But he didn't care how much pain he was in, because he knew in the end he will just die alone.

Jooheon come home for the 3rd time straight hoping to find changkyun out of his room. But nothing he was getting worried and didn't really know what to do. After getting back from practice he went to his room to change when he heard the bathroom door close. He quickly put on his t shirt and open his door to find changkyun pale figure walking down stairs. He slowly watched as changkyun stop for a moment before continuing to walk down. Jooheon watched in shock as changkyun stop again he never saw anyone so pale changkyun looked inhuman just standing on the last few steps. Jooheon run down and put his hands around changkyun shoulder before he fell.

After leaving the bathroom changkyun wanted to go down room get some water. He took a long breath before walking down the stairs. The first step and changkyun regretted even leaving his room. But he continued to walk down just stopping every time to keep his balance. He was at the last few steps when he's legs just decided to give up. Changkyun try to hold the stair Handle but lost balance, he was about to fall so he quickly closed his eyes. Changkyun opened them again only to find himself on jooheon arms.

After catching changkyun jooheon picked up his brother bridle way and carried him down the last few steps. Throughout the walk down the steps. Jooheon was amazed and taken back of how light changkyun is. He looked down to see changkyun looking at him with a confused look. He gived his brother a small smile then put him on the couch.

Changkyun just looked up at jooheon confused of why someone who hated him and told him he would make his life a living hell was carrying him. When he was placed on the couch changkyun wanted to run. But his weak body didn't let him. “ changkyun are you okay.” he heard jooheon ask but he didn't want to answer. He just looked down biting his pale lips.

Jooheon called his brother name again after he didn't answer. “Changkyun are you okay what wrong” He said with a worried tone. After not getting another answer jooheon runned in the kitchen to get changkyun some water. “ here drink this you look like you're about to faint.” changkyun didn't once look up making jooheon more worried. “ please kyun just drink it. “ he begged hoping changkyun would stop being so stubborn and drink.

Hearing jooheon beg him to drink changkyun took the cup from him. And start to slowly drink the cold water. Changkyun saw jooheon smile and ruffle his hair. He put the cup down and move away from jooheon.

Seeing how uncomfortable changkyun looked jooheon took his hand of changkyun hair and pick up the cup. “ I will get you something to eat” jooheon said walking back in the kitchen. He placed the cup down and placed a pot of water on the stove. He went back to  living room to check on changkyun. “how you feeling” jooheon asked after seeing changkyun just starring on the wall. Changkyun looked over to jooheon then back at the wall. Jooheon kneeled in front of his brother hoping to see if he would talk to him. “Changkyun I know I wasn't the best brother to you but please tell me what's wrong.” jooheon said surprising himself. he never once thought he would be asking the kid he once hated if he is okay.

Changkyun looked down to his brother and put his arms around jooheon and went for a hug. Jooheon just stood there shocked, but quickly snapped out of it and hugged changkyun back. he felt changkyun cold neck and slowly pulled changkyun to where he could see his face. He placed his hand on changkyun head and gasped feeling how cold he was. “Changkyun” was the only thing he managed to say before feeling his brother go limp on his arms. With shock  jooheon shook changkyun but there wasn't any movement.

Changkyun knew there was something wrong when he felt his body go cold. And when jooheon kneeled in front of him the only thought he had was this was the end. So he put his arms around jooheon and went for hug. He wanted to at least die in the arms of someone. He feared to die alone and not having nobody to comfort him. Even though he knew the person he hug didn't like him. changkyun just  wanted to feel someone warmth. And when he felt jooheon hug him back changkyun didn't want that small moment with his brother to end.

 

sorry guys for the long wait. i just been really busy with school and being freshman in college isnt really as fun as i thought it would be. i will try to start undating more soon.