Chapter 14

Now Or Never

It wasn't until the 4th week that changkyun finally went to the hospital to see what was wrong with him. At first he thought he had migraines and tried to fight the pain of with some pain killers, that never seem to work for him. but after coughing blood almost every time everything around him went dark. changkyun had this feeling whatever was wrong with him he need help or things might get worse. On saturday after jooheon went to basketball practice. changkyun put on his jacket it wasn't that cold outside it was 65% but changkyun was shivering. He arrived at the hospital that was 30 min away from where he lived. He checked in and waited nervously to be called in. He looked around only to see everyone with their families while he sat alone cross from them. His heartache for not having someone  by his side to ask him if he's okay. Someone to say to him everything is going to be alright. Changkyun leaned back on the Chair holding back small tears. “ changkyun.” the nurse called bring changkyun out of his thoughts. He stood up following the nurse inside the room. “ please take a sit the doctor will be here in any min. “ she said leaving changkyun alone. Changkyun looked around the room before sitting down. A minute later a tall man with white coat walk in sitting across changkyun.

“ Hello mr. Lee my name is Han and I am your doctor.” the man said looking at changkyun who was looking down nervously. “ so what brings you here today.”  The doctor asked after seeing changkyun starring on the floor. Changkyun took a deep breath before explaining  to the doctor what was happening to him for the past 4 weeks. The doctor took notes of everything changkyun was saying from the headache, coughing blackout. Then he suddenly stop writing and just stared at changkyun for a whole minute without a word. Changkyun wanted to ask the doctor if everything was alright he could saw this look the doctor had on in which scared changkyun. “Mr.lee where's your family.” the doctor asked curiously. “ umm not here.” changkyun replied  nervously. The doctor nodded after seeing the sad look in changkyun eyes. “ doc what's wrong with me.” changkyun said his voice sounding shaky. “ I have a clue but I want you to take an M.R.I first to make sure.”  changkyun started at the older man. he was really nervous hearing the doctor saying he need to take an M.R.I.        “ I will send you to the M.R.I room and we will get your results back by tomorrow.” changkyun nodded thanking the doctor before leaving to get his brain checked.

After changkyun left the doctor closed his eyes hoping what he thought was wrong changkyun was wrong. It broke his heart to this how fragile changkyun looked.

Changkyun followed the nurse inside the M.R.I he lied down while the doctors did their job. Then went home to wait for tomorrow's call to tell him what was really wrong what him. The whole ride home in the bus. changkyun was thinking why the doctor gived him this sad look, when he was explaining to him what was wrong with him. He got home going straight to bed feeling a headache coming.

Jooheon got home from practice to find the house quiet and dark. It wasn't like he was surprised but it made him feel lonely at his own house. He went to the refriger to get some snacks. When he head the front door being open. He turned around to see who it was but was met with a pale looking brother who didn't look at him. Jooheon started at the pale figure as he went up stairs. For the past 4 weeks Jooheon  observed changkyun. He notice how changkyun is always asleep or in his room. He notice how changkyun barely eating and everytime he does he throw up the food.  Jooheon shook his head before leaving the kitchen. He went in his room feeling  guilty for being so mean to changkyun who didn't do anything to him. He part of him knew the person who he is supposed to be mad at is his father. But seeing changkyun brings hatred to him and before he knew it his yelling at the kid.

It was around 9pm when changkyun woked up he went downstairs stairs to find something to eat. And saw his older brother watching a movie. He went inside the kitchen trying not to make any noise that would make jooheon mad. Changkyun opened the refriger and just stared at it. there was so much food but everything inside the fridge made him sick to his stomach. He took a deep breath before closing the fridge. And just drink a glass of water. But what he didn't notice was jooheon looking at him. Jooheon watched his brother close the fridge and drink some water. Jooheon signed and got up from where he was sitting going inside the kitchen. “ you should eat something.” jooheon said looking at changkyun whose hand was shaking holding the glass of water. Changkyun looked around to see who jooheon was talking to shocked founding out it was him. “ahh I am not hungry” changkyun said giving his brother a small smile. Jooheon took a deep breath shaking his head. “ go sit down I will make you something” jooheon said opening the fridge.  Changkyun walked to the couch confusedly sitting down thinking he was dreaming. Jooheon came out holding a plate with a sandwich and placed it down next to changkyun telling him to eat. Changkyun looked up at his brother confused. “ Are you just going to stare at my handsome face or are you going to eat.” jooheon said taking a seat next to changkyun grabbing the remote. Changkyun looked at the sandwich and instantly felt sick. He slowly grabbed the sandwich and covered his shaky hand so jooheon doesn't see it. Jooheon had one eye on changkyun and the other on the Tv. He was surprised when he saw changkyun shaky hand but just thought changkyun was probably scared of him.

Changkyun took one bit and runned to the bathroom. Jooheon runned after him to see what was wrong and found his brother throwing up. Jooheon runned back to the kitchen to get some water. He returned to find changkyun curled up shaking. “HI HI HI are you okay.” jooheon said putting the glass of water on the ground. Changkyun wanted to nod but the pain in his head wasn't letting him. “ here I got you some water drink it it will help.” jooheon said giving changkyun the water. Changkyun lift his head up and tried to hold the cup but his hands were violently shaking. Jooheon quickly grabbed the glass helping changkyun drink. “ how you feeling.“ he asked after changkyun stopped drinking. “ I m ok ay.” changkyun said with a shaky voice. Jooheon helped him up and took changkyun to his room. the minute changkyun head hit the pillow he drifted to dreamland. Leaving jooheon wondering what happened.  Jooheon pulled the blanket on to changkyun and gived his brother on last look before leaving the room.

Jooheon lied on his bed staring at the white ceiling. While the only thing he could think of was changkyun and how sick the kid look. He wanted to ask his father what was wrong with changkyun put he knew for sure his dad didn't know at all. His father was barely home with his overseas schedules. He closed his eyes and fell asleep hoping he would figure out what was wrong with changkyun in the morning.