Chapter 30: Start of Something New

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They reached the hospital so the two of them got down and entered. They saw Hani being carried in the stretcher so they decided to check up on her later instead. They headed to the checkup place and have the doctors check up on Chaeyoung’s health first.

“There’s nothing wrong, Ms. Son. But…you’ve inhaled some smoke so stay away from polluted air so it won’t strain your lungs more…”

“Yes, doc. We would also like to check up on Dahyun’s arm…”

“Oh, no problem…”

The doctor checked up on Dahyun’s arm first then also checked up on her health. After a few minutes, the doctor was done with his check-up. He didn’t forgot to bandage Dahyun’s hand after the checkup…

“Uhh, first of all…I advise the same thing to you, Ms. Kim. Don’t strain your lungs with polluted air, okay? Then, about your arm…I advise that you shouldn’t have it touch with water for a week. You should apply an ointment on the burn and it will heal after a while. Don’t forget to change the bandage too after you put ointment in the burn…”

“Thanks, doc. Write me a prescription for the medicine and I’ll buy it in the pharmacy later.”

“Okay…” the doctor said as he grab his paper and write a prescription for Dahyun then handed it to Chaeyoung “I need to make sure that this will be bought so I’ll hand this to you.”

“Sure, doc. Does the wound gets worse if we forgot to put an ointment?”

“The burn will take longer to heal so it’s better to make sure that the ointment is applied every day.”

“Thank you, doc. We’ll be on our way, then.”

“Alright. Take care…”

The two of them went out of the clinic and headed to the pharmacy.

“We can buy it later, Chaeng…”

“Nope. If we buy later, there’s a chance we’ll forget about it. We need to make your arm heal fast.”

“Fine. Whatever you want, princess…”

They bought the prescribed medicine and then headed back inside the hospital to check up on Hani. They reached her room and knocked on the door.

“Come in…” Hani answered so they entered “Hyojin unnie, is that--…Dahyun?”

“Hey…You okay?”

“I’m fine. How about you?”

“It’s fine. Just a really light burn in the arm…”

“Oh…I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

“I think that’s my fault.”

“It’s not. I came to save Chaeyoung too so…you don’t have to worry. As long as Chaeyoung’s safe, I don’t care if my body was all burnt out.”

“A-Ahh…I see…”

“So…we just wanted to check up on you. See how you are…”

“Thank you but…I’m fine…really. Thank you so much, Chaeyoung. If it weren’t for you, I’m not safe right now…”

“It’s no problem, sunbae. I’m glad to help…”

“And there’s one more thing I wanted to say than just a sorry…”

“What is it?”

“I’m letting Dahyun go…”

“WHAT?” the two of them reacted “R-Really?”

“Yes…She’s all yours, Chae. I’m sorry for trying to ruin your relationship…” Hani said “I now realize that…what you have is true love. And…our relationship was nothing compared to yours. Congratulations to you both. I’m wishing you a happy relationship…”

Dahyun smiled while Chaeyoung hugged Hani.

“Thank you, Hani sunbae…”

“No problem. And…call me ‘unnie’. We’re friends now since I owe you my life…”

Chaeyoung chuckled and nodded “Thank you so much, Hani unnie.”  she said and smiled, showing her dimples

“Take care of Chaeyoung, Dahyun…”

“I know…She’s too precious so…I really need to handle her with care.”

“Hmm…especially that dimples..”

“Ya, Ahn Heeyeon! Don’t you dare have a crush on my baby…” Dahyun warned as she look at Hani intently “Don’t…you…dare…”

Hani laughed and nodded “I won’t…You’re so possessive, Dahyun.”

“Ofcourse. I’m not letting this smol kid go…”

“Hey!” Chaeyoung reacted “Who’s smol?”

“You…” Dahyun answered “You’re so smol that you even manage to enter my heart…”

“OWWWSS!” Hani teased “Possessive…and cheesy.”

“Whatever, Ahn…” Dahyun said as she rolled her eyes “By the way, did you call your cousin?”

“Yeah…I actually thought she was you when you entered…”

“Ahh…Well, if that’s the case…we’ll get going now.”

“Oh. Thank you again…”

“You’re welcome, unnie…Take care…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Dahyun woke up at the sound of someone doing something in her kitchen. She slowly creep up to the kitchen and saw a familiar figure.

“Chaeng?”

The person turn around and smile at her.

“Hey, Hyun. Good morning…”

“What are you doing here in…4AM?”

“Helping you. Your arm cannot be touched by waters so…I’ll help you.”

“What? So…you came here just to help me?”

“Hmm…I’m cooking breakfast so you should take a bath now.”

“It’s 4AM, Chaeng…Let’s go back to sleep for a while…”

“But—“

“Come on…Please…”

Chaeyoung sighed and nodded before walking towards Dahyun. They went upstairs and lay back on Dahyun’s bed.

“Let’s wake up at 5:30…”

“Hmm…” Chaeyoung hummed as she let Dahyun hug her “I’ll wake you up…”

“No, sleep with me…”

“What? I’m not sleepy…”

“No, no. It’s fine…Sleep with me. My bed’s comfortable…”

Chaeyoung sighed and let Dahyun win over her again so she hugged Dahyun back and closed her eyes.

“5:30, okay?”

“Yup. 5:30…”

The two of them cuddled together and fell asleep. After a while, they totally forgot about the time since they were so comfortable sleeping at each other’s arms. The Azrail member noticed that Dahyun haven’t come out of her house even though it’s already 6AM.

They headed towards Dahyun’s house and entered then went up, only to find Dahyun and Chaeyoung cuddling in Dahyun’s unlocked room. And once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter