Chapter 26: She's Back

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No way…” Chaeyoung muttered “S-She’ll be here for…a year?”

“Yes…She’ll graduate here since it’s her last year of high school.”

“O-Oh…”

“Is there any problem, kid?” Hani asked then faced Dahyun “I didn’t know you were good with kids.”

“What do you mean?”

“You got an elementary friend here.”

“HEY!” Chaeyoung reacted when Dahyun got her hand and pulled her closer

“Excuse me, Hani unnie but…this girl is my girlfriend, not you. We’ve broken up before and I moved on so…we’re exes now. I’m sorry…but I don’t care about your reasons now. It doesn’t matter to me…”

“But—“

“Please, Hani unnie…If you love me before—“

“I do…and I still do…”

“You shouldn’t have let me go.”

“I had to, Dahyun. I had to…because of your family.”

“What?” Dahyun asked “What do you mean?”

“You didn’t told me that you’re the youngest daughter of the President. When I figured it out, I know right then that our relationship would have a tough road…and I wasn’t wrong when your aunt and uncle Xiumin talked to me…”

“W-What? They talked to you?”

“Yes. They told me what kind of future would your parents want and how I’m supposed to love a boy and not a girl…I was discouraged. I know…I’m a coward but please…give a chance.”

Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun. She was scared. Scared that Dahyun would go back to her ex. Their one year relationship was indeed something else…but Dahyun noticed the look in Chaeyoung’s face so she held on Chaeyoung’s hand tightly.

“I’m sorry, unnie. I told you…I don’t care about your reasons. I…love Chaeyoung now. I may have loved you before but…feelings change. Especially when you finally see the person you’ll live or die for.”

“Y-You’re saying that…”

“Yes. I’m saying that I can’t give you a chance…not anymore. I’m happily in a relationship. Don’t come back suddenly and ruin it…You know that there are consequences if you try to interfere.”

Hani chuckled bitterly “You’re seriously choosing that…shorty over me?”

“Yes, Ahn Heeyeon.” Dahyun answered immediately as she pulled her hands from Chaeyoung’s and wrapped it on Chaeyoung instead as she pulled her more closer “Because this shorty…gave color to the dull life you left me with. She was always there, helping me mend my heart. Making me fall for her with her sweet smiles and…I’m choosing her over you simply because…I love this shorty very much.”

Hani’s eyes widened…She couldn’t believe the words coming out from Dahyun’s mouth. Who would have thought that someone as emotionless and unexpressive person like Dahyun could say something so cheesy and sweet like that…at a very truthful tone.

“Now if you excuse us…we would like to have our snacks and take the attention off our shoulders.”

Chaeyoung and Hani look around and saw that the students were all looking at them. Their face all showed different emotions. A mixture of shock, flustered and more…

Dahyun held unto Chaeyoung and gently drag her towards the counter of the canteen but before they can move far away, Hani said something…

“I’ll take you back, Dahyun.”

With a chuckle, Dahyun turned around to face Hani.

“Even if it started to rain stars…I will never go back to you, unnie. I’m sorry but…my heart’s taken…taken by my one and only reason for living, Son Chaeyoung…I’m so sorry…”

Dahyun walked away with Chaeyoung, leaving Hani…shocked to how Dahyun changed.

“Wow…” a boyish girl said as she hooked her arm around Hani’s shoulder “…She changed that much after a few months…You got no chance, cous.”

“Shut it, Hyojin unnie…”

“Oh come on. You saw that…You really think you could still win her back? After she said all of that?”

“Yes…”

“Oh really. Tell me…what’s your advantage over that shorty?”

“The fact that Dahyun and I have a one year relationship, the fact that I know Dahyun more than she does and the fact that…first love never dies.”

“Are you sure that you’re Dahyun’s first love?” Hyojin/L.E said teasingly “First love may never die but remember that…true love can bury it alive, Heeyeon.”

Hani looked at her cousin with a poker face “Are you on my side, unnie?”

“Ofcourse I am…” L.E answered “But—“

“Yeah. As always…you have a lot of ‘buts’…” Hani interrupted “I wonder how Solji unnie managed to handle you…A person who always have ‘buts’…”

“Solji handles me pretty well, actually. Since she’s a person who has an answer to every ‘buts’…”

“Whatever, unnie…” Hani said then walked away, leaving L.E chuckling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the Azrail table, Chaeyoung was sitting with the other Azrail together with her other friends. Everyone noticed the troubled look in Chaeyoung’s face.

“Are you okay, Chae?” Wendy asked

“Y-Yeah…I’m fine.”

“Is it because of…Dahyun’s ex?” Mina asked too

“Ofcourse, it is…” Irene answered while Chaeyoung just sighed

Sana pat Chaeyoung’s back while Momo ruffle her head. But suddenly, Dahyun slowly remove their hands from Chaeyoung.

“It’s fine, Chaeyoung…” Momo comforted with a chuckle because of Dahyun’s action

“Yeah.” Sana agreed “Dahyun’s has never been this possessive before.”

Dahyun blush as she pouted “Shut up. I’m just…stopping you from being too touchy with my girlfriend.”

Chaeyoung worries a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter