Chapter 2: The Gangster Next Door

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the heck was that?”

Suddenly, the door to Chaeyoung’s room opened and it revealed Seungwan.

“Hey, Chae. Uhh…I was just going to ask if Grandma packed…my Thomas the Train stuff toy with your stuff. I told her that I…will need it because that was my favorite.”

“Oh…yeah. She put it somewhere there.”

“I see. Thanks.”

“Uhh…unnie.”

“Yeah?”

“Are you friends with the girl who live next door?”

“Yeah…Well, not really. But I know her. We exchange words sometimes.”

“Who is she?”

“She’s…Kim...uh…I think her name was…Doyeon? Yeah, I think it’s Doyeon. She’s the only one who’s living in that house, I think. Her room is across yours so you can talk via the windows. Why’d you ask? Is there something wrong with her?”

“Uhh…no, no. Nothing’s wrong.”

“Alright.” Seungwan answered and got her stuff toy “Well…I’ll sleep now. Sorry for bothering.”

“No, no. It’s fine. Sleep well, unnie.”

“You too, little sis.”

Seungwan walked out of Chaeyoung’s room while Chaeyoung glanced at the window one last time before closing the curtain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung woke up to smell of pancakes.

“Halmoni?”

She went out of her room and that’s when she realized…she’s already in Seoul.

“Right…halmoni’s in Daegu. I’m in Seoul now.”

She continued to go downstairs. She went to their kitchen which is connected to their dining room.

“Good morning.” she greeted

The person who’s cooking turned around.

“Good morning, dear.”

“Where’s dad and unnie, mom?”

“Upstairs. Can you wake your sister up, Chaeyoung? I’m already out of whipped cream and I was going to ask her to buy it.”

“Uhh…I can do it, mom.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I don’t want to disturb unnie’s sleep since she can be…a bit violent.”

“Haha. Okay. You go buy it in the convenience store just outside the subdivision.”

“Alright…”

Chaeyoung’s mother gave her the money so she went out of the house and started walking. After few minutes of walking, she still wasn’t near the entrance of the subdivision.

“Oh no. Am I lost?”

A bicycle stopped beside her so she glanced and saw a brown-haired girl riding the bike.

“Hey…you look trouble. What’s wrong?”

“Uhh…I think I’m lost.”

“Why? Where are you going?”

“The convenience store.”

“Oh…want a lift? I could take you there.”

“Uhh…no, thanks.”

The girl chuckled “I’m not going to kidnap you. I’m a good person, I swear.”

“Uhh…I don’t trust strangers.”

“Then, let me introduce myself. I’m Park—“ but before the girl could continue introducing herself, three bicycles approached them with three girls driving it

“Ya, Jihyo. Who’s that?” the ash-gray haired girl said

“Uhh…wait…” the Jihyo-girl said and faced Chaeyoung “So…I’m Park Jihyo. What’s your name?”

“…Chaeyoung…Son Chaeyoung.”

“Nice to meet you, Chaeyoung. They are my friends.” Jihyo said “That’s Jeongyeon.” she continued and pointed the ash-gray haired who raised her hand to wave “That’s Momo.” she pointed the blonde who looks like a raccoon “That’s Sana.” she pointed the girl with purple highlights “And lastly…Da—wait…where did our leader go?”

“She went to the convenience store, I think.”

“Oh…see, Chaeyoung ah? We’ll be going to the convenience store too. So how about I give you a lift?”

“Uhh…” Chaeyoung was still unsure of what to say

“It’s okay, Chaeyoung.” Jeongyeon said “Jihyo is just a kind person who’ll help everyone. She doesn’t mean any harm.”

“O-Oh…”

“So? What do you say?”

“Uhmm…okay.”

Chaeyoung sat on the backseat of Jihyo’s bicycle and Jihyo started to pedal. They reached the convenience store and Chaeyoung got off the bicycle.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” Jihyo answered and got off too “I’ll check if leader is inside.”

“Okay.” the others answered

Both Jihyo and Chaeyoung entered the convenience store. Chaeyoung started to search for the shelf which the whipped cream is placed. After a while, Jihyo came to her.

“Our leader isn’t here so I’m leaving now. I think she’s in the park.”

“O-Oh. Alright. Thank you, Jihyo sshi.”

“Just call me Jihyo unnie. I know I’m older than you, anyways.”

“O-Okay, Jihyo u-unnie…”

“Then, see you.”

“See you.”

Chaeyoung continued searching for the shelf and when she found it, she put five cans of whipped cream in the basket. She went to the fresh goods station and grab a pack of strawberry then paid it. She also decided to grab some ‘Cadbury’ in the counter and paid it using her own money.

‘I’ll give it to Jihyo unnie as an expression of gratitude.’

She went out of the convenience store and walked on the peaceful street. She saw the park not far so she walked towards it but she stopped when she heard something in the alley. She glanced and saw some guys beating someone.

Without a second thought, Chaeyoung ran inside the alley.

“Ya! What are you doing?”

The guys stopped on what they’re doing and glanced at Chaeyoung.

“Who are you? Do you know this guy?”

Chaeyoung glanced at the guy and saw him shaking his head like she’s telling Chaeyoung to not get involve.

“Yes. He’s…uhh…my…cousin.”

The violet-haired guy smirked as he walked towards Chaeyoung.

“I see…so, you know this bastard.”

“U-Uh-huh…”

“Will you…pay us so that we’ll let him go?”

Chaeyoung was stepping backwards as she answered the guy.

“W-Why would I pay you? Y-You’re the one who punched him.”

“Well, he bumped on me. It was his fault.”

“It’s was just a bump. It’s not like he stabbed you.” Chaeyoung answered and now she’s gaining confidence since she knows that this grape-haired guy is wrong

“For you information, miss…I don’t want anyone to just bump me. When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter