Chapter 22: Dahyun and Chaeyoung

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun’s sleep was interrupted with a phone call so she reached for her phone and answered it without knowing who was the caller.

“Hello?”

(Dahyun, it’s your dad.)

“O-Oh. Hey, dad. What’s wrong?”

(I’ve told Nayeon to meet you today. She agreed to meet you at Sirius High since she studies there too. So, get dressed now.)

“A-Ahh…Alright. Thanks, dad.”

(No problem. Good luck on getting to know each other. I hope you’d get along well…)

“Y-Yeah…I hope too.”

Dahyun and Nayeon haven’t told their parents their decision yet since they were still planning their plan on how to cancel it. Nayeon and Dahyun’s family are close and powerful in Seoul. It was hard to just said ‘no’ because of their decision so they decided to stall time before the arrangement really happen.

Dahyun got up and headed to the Sirius High and waited for Nayeon there even though it was a holiday. When Nayeon arrive, they decided to just go to the mall and enjoy the day together.

“Does Jeongyeon knows about this?”

“Nope. I had no time to tell her. Did you tell her?”

“No. I thought you were going to be the one who’ll tell her.”

“Likewise…” Dahyun chuckled “Forget it. I’ll tell her when I got home.”

“Oh. Alright…” Nayeon said “Let’s go to the Toy Kingdom.” she added as she grab Dahyun’s hand and drag her towards the said store

“Geez. Calm down, Nayeon unnie…”

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was tasked to do the shopping alone since she lose the ‘rock-paper-scissor’ with her sister. She heard the familiar voice of Dahyun so she looked at the source of it and saw her being drag by Nayeon towards the Toy Kingdom.

‘The Azrail must be out to enjoy the day…’ Chaeyoung thought and waited for an Azrail member to come appearing but there was no one who followed Dahyun and Nayeon ‘Wait, what? Where’s Jeongyeon sunbae? She should be here with them, right?’

Chaeyoung walked and looked around, the other Azrail were nowhere to  be found so she headed inside the Toy Kingdom too. She saw them in the headband station, picking some designs.

“Does this suit you more?” Nayeon asked as she put another headband on Dahyun’s head “Hmm…the bunny ears really suits you more.”

“Nope. It suits you more…” Dahyun muttered

“I know right. Let’s go buy two, then. Couple headbands.”

“COUPLE?” Chaeyoung exclaimed, making Dahyun and Nayeon face her

“C-Chaeyoung?” Dahyun stuttered

“Oh. Hey, Chaeyoung. What are you doing here?” Nayeon asked

“I…should be asking you that. Where’s Jeongyeon unnie? Are you two cheating on her?”

Nayeon laughed while Dahyun harshly shook her head.

“We’re not. I swear we’re not.” Dahyun said as she continue to shook her head, making Nayeon laugh more at the scene

“You look like someone who got caught cheating on her girlfriend, Dahyun.”

Dahyun stopped shaking her head and give Nayeon a cold look.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry…Anyways, calm down. We’re not cheating, Chaeyoung. Dahyun’s all yours.”

“YA!” Dahyun and Chaeyoung both reacted

“What? It’s true, anyways. Speaking of, I should head back now. Why don’t you two enjoy each other’s company? Maybe…the couple headband would actually be worn by you two.” Nayeon teased before running off

“I can explain.” Dahyun said immediately after Nayeon left the scene

“You got 4 minutes to.”

Dahyun started to rap about how Nayeon and her was forced to spend the day instead of getting to know each other. She also rapped about the arrange marriage…accidentally.

“What? You two are going to get married?”

Dahyun sighed and hold Chaeyoung’s hand “Let’s talk somewhere.”

“O-Oh…”

Dahyun took Chaeyoung to a restaurant and ordered their lunch. Then, Dahyun started explaining how and why it happened. After explaining, Chaeyoung was quiet…

“Are you okay?”

“……”

“Ya, Chaeyoung. Are you okay?”

“Wait…I’m still processing what you said.”

“Oh…Okay.”

After a while, Chaeyoung looked up to meet Dahyun’s face.

“So, you’re the youngest daughter of the South Korea’s President.”

“Yes.”

“Nayeon unnie is the daughter of Counselor Im.”

“Correct.”

“You two are arrange to get married because Nayeon unnie’s father wants her to get married already and since your dads are friends…you two were chosen.”

“Bingo.”

Chaeyoung sighed and nodded “I get it. What I don’t get though is why…Why are you disagreeing on marrying Nayeon unnie? She came from a great family and she’s a great person.”

“I don’t want to steal her away from Jeongyeon unnie, ofcourse.”

“Then…tell me, if Nayeon unnie was single…will you agree?”

Dahyun stopped “Why…are you asking this?”

“Just curious.”

“Well…” Dahyun trailed as she took a deep breath. She thought about it but her answer was still… “No.”

“Oh…”

“You want to know why?”

“Okay…Why?”

“Because…I’m inlove with someone else.”

Chaeyoung felt a heavy feeling in her heart. ‘Ofcourse, she’s still inlove with her ex.’ she thought as she faked a smile to Dahyun.

“Right. Your ex…I forgot.” Chaeyoung said as she looked down and pretended to focus on her food even though she knows Dahyun was staring a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter