Chapter 3: Congratulations

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gray car stopped infront of Dahyun’s house. The window in the passenger seat roll down and Dahyun saw Jeongyeon in the driver’s seat.

“Hey, leader. Hop on…”

Dahyun walked towards the car and opened the passenger seat. She went inside and sat down.

“I’m sorry for  troubling you. My car’s on repair…”

“It’s no problem, Dahyun. We’re in the same subdivision and going to the same place, anyway.” Jeongyeon answered and started to drive

Dahyun got her phone and went into the gallery. She opened the folder which named ‘3’ and looked at the pictures. She knows it always breaks her heart but it was the only way to look at ‘her’ face.

“You’re hurting yourself again.” Jeongyeon said as she glanced at Dahyun then back on the road “It’s been months, leader. Move on…”

Dahyun sighed and shook her head “I don’t think I can…atleast, not yet.”

“How about you find someone new? Maybe you can move on in that way.”

“It’ll happens when it happens, Jeongyeon sshi.”

“We told you so many times to cut the polite talk, Dahyun. Call us ‘unnie’.”

“Sorry. It’s a habit…”

Dahyun stopped looking at the picture when she received a message.

“Who’s it from?”

“My dad.”

Jeongyeon glanced at Dahyun worriedly.

“What’s it say?”

Dahyun opened the message and read it.

 

‘Come back home, Dahyun. Let’s talk about it...’

 

Dahyun clenched her hand and opened the window of the car. When it’s fully opened, she throw her phone outside immediately.

“What did your dad texted?”

“It’s the same message, Jeongyeon sshi…It’s always the same.”

Jeongyeon nodded lightly and continued driving.

“Can we go to the mall?” Dahyun asked

“We’ll be late if we do. You do know that you still have to perform on the morning assembly, right?”

“Right…I almost forgot…Nevermind, then. I’ll just go after class.”

“Alright…”

Jeongyeon continued driving until they reached the school. Meanwhile…in the Son’s house, Chaeyoung was still sleeping when she heard loud bangs in her door followed by Wendy’s shouting.

“YA, SON CHAEYOUNG. WAKE UP! WE’LL BE LATE NOW.”

Chaeyoung rubs her eyes and stood up. She walked towards the door and opened it.

“What is it, unnie?”

“We’ll be late now. Go take a bath and get dressed. Hurry.”

“Late in what?”

“In school, ofcourse.”

“School? I’m not enrolled yet.”

“I already applied you in the school. I fill up your enrollment form. Now, move. Faster.”

“W-Wait, wait. What?”

Wendy sighed and handed Chaeyoung a uniform.

“Just take a bath and get dressed. We’ll talk later. Hurry or we’ll miss the morning assembly.”

“Alright, alright.”

Chaeyoung got the uniform and went into the bathroom. She took a bath and changed into the uniform.

Black skirt, white long sleeves, sky blue vest and black blazer. The school logo is in the chest area of the vest and blazer.

“Sirius High…an all-girls school, huh?”

After getting dressed, Chaeyoung ran downstairs. She saw Wendy standing near the doorway.

“Hurry…”

“I know.”

They went outside and rode their parents car.

“Good morning, Chae.”

“Good morning, mom. Good morning, dad.”

“Everything’s there?”

“Yes, dad.” Wendy answered

“Let’s go, then.”

Their father drove off towards the school while Wendy talked to Chaeyoung. She handed her a red bag while she wears a blue one. She also handed Chaeyoung a blue necktie while she wears a red one.

“Here’s your school bag. The supplies and books are already there. So…you’re good to go.”

“Which class am I in?”

“Class 1-A…”

“How about you?”

“Class 3-A…”

“Ahh…okay.”

“Are you going to fine?”

“Yeah, yeah. I can handle myself.”

“We have morning assembly every Monday that means today too. Go to your line and finish the program before going to your class, okay?”

“I know.”

“Okay. Just call me if something happens.”

“I’m not 5, unnie. I can manage.”

“Whatever you say.”

They reached the school and bid goodbyes to their parents before entering the school.

“Let’s go to the field together. The ceremony’s being held there everytime.”

“Ahh…”

Chaeyoung followed Wendy towards the field and she saw that a lot of students know her sister.

They reached the field and Wendy took Chaeyoung to her line. She talked to Chaeyoung’s homeroom teacher to inform her. Chaeyoung’s homeroom went to Chaeyoung after Wendy left.

“Hi, Son Chaeyoung. I’m your homeroom teacher. My name’s Park Jiyeon but you can call me Ms. instead of professor. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Ms.”

“You’ll introduce yourself to the class later but for now, let’s finish the program. Okay?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Alright…”

Chaeyoung stood there and watched the program. The first was their national anthem, second’s was some pledge and a speech from the principal.

“And to close our program, let’s hear the performance of a very talented first year student. Let’s clap our hands for…Kim Dahyun.”

“Kim Dahyun? WHAT?”

Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter