Chapter 1: Daegu to Seoul

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung is just a normal girl from Daegu. She grew up with her grandparents together with her sister since their parents are working in Seoul. She was happy and contented with her life since she has her loving grandparents, sister and friends.

But one by one, they all left to go to Seoul.

One.

“Chaeyoung…”

“Yes, halmoni?”

“I have something to say…”

Chaeyoung stopped on what she’s doing and looked at her grandma.

“W-What is it?” she asked nervously based on the sad tone her grandma is using

“Mina wants me to say her goodbyes to you since she can’t. Their flight to Seoul left just now and she couldn’t say goodbye to you. I’m sorry, Chaeyoung.”

Two.

After a month Mina left, another did.

Chaeyoung ran towards the airport but the plane towards Seoul already left.

‘Again…’ she thought

This time, it was Joohyun and her cousin, Tzuyu who left to go to Seoul. They’re Chaeyoung’s childhood friend and that’s the reason they couldn’t bid their goodbye to her. They couldn’t bear to see the cold Chaeyoung cry in front of them.

‘Again…they left without saying goodbye…’

Three.

The third and the last one was the one that hurt Chaeyoung the most. It was her sister who’s leaving.

“I’m sorry, Chaeyoung. I’m about to be a college student since this is already my third year in highschool and college school in Seoul is better than here. I know you understand me.”

Chaeyoung didn’t say a word…more like she couldn’t. Her tears was just continue to ran down from her eyes. Her sister could only look at her with an apologetic gaze.

“Chaeyoung…you know you can come with me…”

Chaeyoung shook her head “I’m fine, Seungwan unnie.”

Seungwan nodded and hugged Chaeyoung when the announcement came that the passengers to Seoul should board now.

“I’ll visit you, Chaeng. I promise. Take care of halmoni and harabuji for me, okay?”

Chaeyoung nodded “I will…”

“And take care of yourself too. Keep in touch.”

Chaeyoung nodded again and watched as her sister walked away from her.

Few months passed and Seungwan did keep in touch with Chaeyoung. She told her about her studies, the news about their parents, about their friends which Seungwan meet and more.

Every day, Chaeyoung would always climb into a hill to get some signal and to watch a scenery in order to lessen her sadness since…she’s the only one left.

Two months passed and that what Chaeyoung always felt. Sadness, emptiness and the feeling of being alone. But it’ll change when her grandparents talked to her.

Chaeyoung just got home from her school and she changed her uniform into plain tees and jeans. She was about to leave when her grandparents called her in the living room and asked to talk with her.

“W-What is it, halmoni? harabuji?”

“Chaeyoung, have you consider studying in Seoul?”

“Seoul? Uhh…no.”

“Well…your grandmother and I have decided, Chaeyoung.” Chaeyoung’s grandpa said as her grandma holds his hand “You are going to Seoul. To study…and to live with your parents.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened then she shook her head.

“I can’t leave you two alone here.”

This time, the hands of the two elder holds Chaeyoung’s hand which she slammed earlier without even noticing it.

“We will be fine, Chaeyoung. You can always visit us. Besides, your study is important.”

“Is it really because of my study? Or because I’m always cancelling out the world?”

The two elder smiled and nodded.

“It is because of that, Chaeyoung.” her grandfather answered “You do not talk to anyone. You are cancelling out…everyone. You miss your childhood friends, Chaeyoung. They’re in Seoul so you have to go there too.”

“I’m not leaving you two here. That’s final…” Chaeyoung said as she stood up and bowed before leaving the living room

She went out and walked towards the mountain. Towards the way, she thought of what her grandparents said.

‘Should I take their offer? But…I can’t…I shouldn’t leave them alone.’

She reached the hilltop and sat on the grass field as she watched the scenery. She dialed her sister’s number and it was answered immediately.

“Hey, unnie.”

(Chaeyoung…how are you, little sis?)

“Unnie, do you know about this decision of making me come to Seoul?”

Seungwan stayed silent for a second before answering even though Chaeyoung already know it based on her reaction.

(Yes, Chae. I know about it…and I want you to do it.)

“What? You know I can’t leave our grandparents here, unnie.”

(Think about yourself too, Chaeyoung. You can’t just stay there. For once, be a little bit selfish. Besides, that’s what they want too.)

“I’m not planning to leave just like what you and the others did, unnie. I’m not leaving Daegu.”

Chaeyoung ended the call and turned her phone off. She lay on the grassy field and closed her eyes.

It was already 8PM when Chaeyoung returned to their house. She went to her room and saw that it was all cleared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter