6 = new friend?

It's War

 

 

even though you managed to be yourself in front of Lee Joon, you're still that timid-shy-quiet girl at school. 

You walked down the hallway only to be stopped by a group of girls. It was the girls from before. You didn't even know their names.

"Excuse me." you politely said.

"Tch. Get her." The leader said while her three minions grabs your arms and drag  you with them.

Flashbacks kept appearing inside your mind as they laughed and snickered, insulting you. You paled and started to shivers, causing one of the girl, Jiyeon to look at you in worry.

"unni, i think we shouldn't do this." she told their leader, Hyomin.

"Mwoh!?" Hyomin turned around and glared at Jiyeon.

"Why? Are you too weak?" she snickered.

Hwayoung and Qri who took noticed of you spacing out stopped in their track and let go of your arms.

"YAH! Hold her!" Hyomin shouted.

The three of them shook their head. They might be evil and rude but they know their limit. Jiyeon even started to feel guilty as she crouched down and stared at your empty eyes.

"Are you okay?" She gently asked.

Hyomin pushed her aside and was about to hit you when Her two frieds stopped her.

"Stop it. We told you don't do it."

"I AM YOUR LEADER! YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW ME!" Hyomin hissed.

"Well not anymore cause i quit. I quit this stupid gang of yours. I quit being your shadow." Jiyeon said.

"Jiyeon!" Qri and Hwayong looked at their maknae in horror.

Jiyeon helped you up and dusted your skirt, ignoring the fuming hyomin.

"I'm not going to do your dirty job anymore. Come on, ___. Let's just get you to class." She said.

You were still lost. All those terrifying memories of you tortured by your schoolmates kept reappearing. unknowingly you started to cry.

"Yah, ___. I'm sorry! Please don't cry!" Jiyeon panicked.

Not knowing how to calm you down, she decided to hug you.

"shh.. it's okay.. I'm not gonna hurt you, ___. I'm so sorry.. " she kept saying.

She let out a sigh of relief when she noticed you have calmed down. You finally look at her.

"please don't hurt me." you whispered.

she was startled at your voice. Guilt rushed over her as she bowed down to her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She kept apologizing.

"you're not going to hurt me?" you asked.

"I was going to follow hyomin, and yes. But I changed my mind. I'm so sorry, ___." she said.

her face filled with relief when a small smile crept up your face.

"it's okay, i guess." you mumbled.

She smiles and took your hand.

"is it.. okay.. if we become friends?" She asked, afraid that you'll reject her.

Your eyes widened.

"Why?"

"Because i think you're a good person." Jiyeon smiles.

"O-okay then." You smiled back as both of you walked back to class together.

Lee Joon abruptly stand up when he saw your slightly puffy eyes.

"What did you do to her?" he snapped at Jiyeon.

You stopped him before he could scare her more and told him what happened. Jiyeon watched both of you and softly smiles.

'they look so good together.'

"Why don't you sit in front of me?" you shyly asked since it was the first time you have a friend.

Jiyeon nodded and for the first time in her life, Jiyeon felt free. She doesn't have to follow anyone's order. She's just Jiyeon. 

and she knew she just made the right choice of leaving Hyomin.

***

2012/01/16 monday

by Seoulchae