19 = i love her first

It's War

 

 

Thunder walks along the empty corridor. It was already 7 p.m and he just got out of the school library. It was an chilly day, signing the arrival of winter is nearing. He glanced at the window, checking his 14 years old reflection, making sure he doesn't have eyebags before walking towards the bus stop.

He sits on the bench, with headsets plugged in. As music blasted in his ears, he noticed a girl around his age approaching the bus stop. She looked at him, and for a split second, their eyes met and Thunder looked away immediately, feeling warmth crept up his cold cheeks. The girl are oblivious to the situation as she just sits far from him, listening to her own music. 

The bus arrived and to Thunder's delight, she boarded the same bus as him. Offering her to go first he smiled at her, only to be replied with a slight bow.

He decided to sit one seat behind her, admiring her beauty from the reflection on the window. His heart beats furiously and he knew what happened. He just fell in love with her.

Her eyes suddenly snapped open when the bus came to a stop. She abruptly stand up and hopped off the bus as she greeted a guy with a hug. Thunder's heart crushed at the  sight of it but when he noticed she forgot her keychain that got stuck between the seats, he smiled. He's going to keep it as a reminder of her.

Hopefully, when they meet again, he will be able to return it. And approach her.

5 months passed and Thunder has been seeing her more often. Turns out she went to the same school as his. She's the well-known quiet girl though he was shocked to see a loner girl have such a beauty.

Monday seemed to be his lucky day. He once again bumped into her after a long study at the library. She was wearing the same headsets and yet her face seemed to be a lot sadder than before.

Gathering all his courage, he approached her.

"____-ssi?"he called.

she looked up in surprise when a bowl-cut boy smiled at her. He's cute, and she admits, he rocks the nerdy hairstyle. He doesn't look nerdy at all with that kind of hairstyle.

"yes?" her soft voice replied.

"um.. you left this.. few months ago.. and i kinda keep it and now i want to give it back to you..." he nervously said as he showed her her keychain.

Her eyes widened a little before she broke into a sweet warm smile.

"Thank you... um..." she looked at him for clue.

"Sanghyun. I'm Park Sanghyun. Your schoolmate." He said, deciding to tell her his real name.

"Thank you sanghyun-ssi." she thanked him again.

Thunder smiled in return and asked if the seat next to her is empty, which she replied with a slight nod. He sits next to her, opening up conversation. And to his surprise, the quiet girl is not as quiet as he thinks. She's very sweet, nice and funny. Even though he admits she's very shy, from the way her voice almost inaudible. But still, Thunder was mesmerised by the time she has to get off the bus.

"It's nice meeting you, Sanghyun-ssi." she smiles, waving at him.

Thunder grins and waved back.

"YAH! AREN'T YOU GOING TO COME DOWN?!!! IT'S KINDA COLD THUNDER!" a whiny voice startled him. 

He looked outside to find his 4 friends staring at him in annoyance. He chuckled and hurriedly get off the bus.

"What's wrong with your face?" lee Joon snorted.

"I just met an angel." He smiled wider.

Lee Joon just sighed as he chuckled at his younger friends.

***

Present time.

Thunder watched her leave with Lee Joon in despair. 

'you were supposed to be mine, ___. I met you first. i fell for you first. Why?' he cried inside his heart.

His heart ripped to pieces when he saw lee Joon planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

Clenching his fist tightly he looked away and gritted his teeth.

'She was supposed to be mine. And i'll make sure of that.' He angrily thought.

***

2012/03/16 friday

By Seoulchae