Chapter 24

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week, and Sowon still not wake up...

There're still people who gather in front of hospital. Flowers from buddy, friends, colleagues and even from any concern people keep coming everyday. Not just Sowon's room and the hallway but also along the hospital fence is full of flowers.

Sowon's coma condition had announced on the news since MRI result came out and the hospital held a press-con about it. The news make public even more angry and demand the full punishment from the court for all the kidnappers.

 

That day is Hyun first day back to his office. Actually it's hard for him to leave the hospital, to left out Sowon from his sight, but because his obligation force him to go. Just Mrs. Kim who will stay on Sowon's side whole day, because Mr. Kim and Sowon's Unnie even already went to work since few days ago.

 

Hyun try his best to concentrate in his work and his meeting. He keep in fidgeting. He keep peek on his phone. Afraid if there's news from the hospital about Sowon. Of course he hope for good news, but he can't help to afraid if bad news instead that might came. Miyoung can see that his boss really hard to focus. She feel sorry for him. At lunch time Miyoung bring lunch meal for her boss, Hyun reject it, said that he not hungry.

Miyoung : "Sajang-Nim, you have to eat some. It's bad for your health if you skip your meal times.."

Hyun : "How can I eat... it remind me that Sowon barely got ate or drank something at that time..."

Miyoung (sigh) : "But still you have to take care your own health. When Sojung-ssi wake up and if she see you look this miserable, I believe, she won't like it. Don't you remember her last note (*Sowon's post it note @Chapter 19)? She ask you to take care of your health. That's why I'm not threw away that note when I found it. Instead I put it there... (pointing her finger to Hyun and Sowon photo frame on Hyun's work desk) for your remind."

Hyun just can't answer back...

Miyoung : "Sajang-Nim, eat this. Take care of your health. Take care your look also. You look so miserable and crumpled. Have a shaves and hair cut. You look old and tired like an Ahjussi. I'm sure Sojung-ssi also won't like to see you like this. I'm sorry if you think I'm too dare to tell you all this. But I still remember that Sojung-ssi asked me to help her take care of you. I remember how sweet the way she call me 'Unnie'. That's why I can't let her down. Even if I have to force you, Sajang-Nim. It's for your own good."

Then Miyoung leave him alone to get back to her own desk outside Hyun's office.

Hyun staring at Sowon's last note. He read it by heart over and over again. Then it make him to decide to do what Miyoung told him to do. He eat and finish his lunch. He lessen his coffee consumtion. After work he stop by at the barber shop to shave and get hair cut. After that he go to the hospital. Kim family give their glad smile to see him, "I'm sure Sojung will happy to see you like this, Oppa." Sojung's Unnie give her support. Hyun smile back, "Do you think so?" Sojung's Unnie nod. "Go see her. Maybe she will wake up to see you who look no-longer-ahjussi." Hyun chuckle.

 

Hyun sit on Sowon's bed side. "Jagiya, wake up. You should see me now. I already shave and got hair cut. I also ate my lunch. I'm being good boy today. You should compliment me." Then Hyun take Sowon's hand and make her pet his head, like she usually did. But Sowon still not wake up. But Hyun keep on talking to her about anything and just stop late at night when he fall a sleep on her side. It seems it became habbit for him to sleep next to her.

 

One night, it's already late at night when Hyun arrive at the hospital after finish his bussiness meeting. He just turn on the last hallway to reach Sowon's room. From far he see Kim family and GFriend kids are outside Sowon's room. He keep walking to them. Every steps closer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter