Chapter 3

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What???!!! You can't do this to me!! I'm at peak of my carreer!!" Sowon get up in anger as soon as she hear what her father said.

Mr and Mrs. Kim look at their daughter in great concern.

"What do you mean I have to married to someone soon? Unnie even not married yet (Sojung's older sister - her older sibling refer to). Why do I have to before her? I'm younger. Why must I who get married, unnie should do it. And who's 'someone' you refer to? Do I know him? Why have to soon? It's ridicoulous...." Sowon obviously against her father statement before. She walk back and forth in upset. Her hand is on her hip while the other hand massaging her temple. She feel her blood boil at that time. Her vein even bulge on her frown forehead. Her breath is panting.

 

"Sweety, calm down..." Mrs. Kim worry at her daughter.

"How can I calm at this matter, Mom. Even though if I'm not at this carreer, I must be just an ordinary college student and still I'm not ready yet to get married to someone who is not my boyfriend all of sudden like this. Why? What happen? Are you in a huge debt? If you are, I'll do my best to work harder to pay the debt." Sowon rushing her objection.

"Do you think we will give you away just for paying debt? Sojung-ah.. you are too much underestimate us. We won't do this if just for money." Mr. Kim stare sharp at her daughter. Obviously dissapoint at his daughter thought at them.

Sowon deep sigh, then throw her hardly in the couch. "I'm sorry, Dad. I don't mean to underestimate you. But, what the reason actually? Why would you let me married to someone this sudden. I thought you will always support me in this carreer... I even not graduate yet from my college. There must be important reason behind this. What is it? I need to know. Let me to have my rights to decide. This is my life. I'm the one who will live along this matter...." Sowon bravely spoken her mind out.

Mr and Mrs. Kim nod their head.

"Let's go home. We'll talk about this at home. Here is not proper place to talk about this. I'm sorry Sweety, 'cause this might be effecting your work, that's why we already talk with your CEO-Nim and your manager. They understand and they will support whatever you decide." Mr. Kim tell her daughter.

Sowon nod her head.

 

At GFriend waiting room...

"Kids, I'm sorry but I have to go home with my parents right now. Family matter. I won't comeback to our dorm tonight. You still have to go to radio show, right? Yerin-ah, cover me please... lead your dongsaengs well." Sowon commandingly tell her members. Yerin nod her head at her Unnie. "Kids, while I'm not around, you have to listen your Yerin-Unnie. Don't make trouble, okay?" Sowon give a warn stare at each 4 youngest members, and they obidiently nod their head to her."Okay, Unnie." Those kids already know that they shouldn't joking around when their Leader-Unnie at serious state like that time.

"Good." Then she dearly tapping their head.

 

*****

 

At Kim's resident...

All family members gather at the living room. Then Mr. Kim start to explain, "Do you remember, long time ago, when you still about 5 years old... there somebody come to our house. A nice grandfather with his grandson. They asked us to show them our family treasure, a jade ring with unusual crook on it. And they also have the similar ring. And the both rings turns out fit in each other.

Sowon nod her head, "Yes, I remember, Dad. I still have the ring with me."

"In fact, you can't lose that ring. It really important things." Mr. Kim press her tone as warn.

"The rings are the evidents of my Great-great-grand-father's, Kim Dong Il, made a brotherhood promise with his best friend who still have relation with Royal Family from Joseon Dinasty, Lee Hwan, although he just low-level royal but he was a respected person. Your Great-great-great-grand-father saved his life when they struggled at a big war. They made promise as their commemoration of their survival to be able went back home." Sowon and her Unnie's eyes wider to hear what their Dad tell them just now. They not expect that this matter is actually that serious involving their country's historical.

 

They made promise that someday if their 5th generation of their ancestry there born as the first son and also there is second daughter on the other, they want them to get married when the first son is at 27 years old...." there's silence among them. Then Mr. Kim continue, "Sojung-ah... you are the second daughter of the 5th generation ancestry."

Sowon gasp, "Are you try to tell me that the first child of the 5th generation ancestry of Prince Lee Hwan is a son, and this year he is 27 years old?"

Mr. Kim nod his head while lock his eyes to her second daughter. "Yes. He is that grandson who come here years ago with his grand-father, who you already met."

 

Sowon stand up in deep sigh. Then she exactly do like she did before when her parents told her at first, she walk back and forth in upset. Her hand is on her hip while the other hand massaging her temple. Her vein bulge on her frown forehead and her breath is panting.

 

"This is ridicoulous. Right now is 21st century. Millenium era. Modern mind. There's no more engaged married based on ancestor's deal. I absolutely against this. I objection!" Sowon bravely reject.

 

"Sweety, uhmm... maybe you can think about it first. Lee Hyun i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter