Chapter 5

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyun?" Sowon tilt her head a bit while her voice and face expressing question.

Mrs. Kim pointing her finger to the man beside Sowon, make her turn her head at the direction.

That man smile sheepishly, "Me. Hyun. Lee Hyun."

"Your fiancé..." Sowon's unnie added.

 

Suddenly Sowon feel her world spinning around.

The last thing she remember are her mother and her unnie worried voice, also the feel of arms that keep on hold her.

 

Sowon slowly open her eyes. The first thing she see is white ceiling  above her.

"Sweety, you awake. How's your feel?" Mrs. Kim came closer and hold on her youngest daughter's hand.

Sowon turn her look at her mother.

"How's Dad?" She not aswered her mother's question instead asking about her father's condition.

Mrs. Kim smile a bit, "Your Dad is getting better. Thanks to your blood and Hyun's blood."

 

Hyun's blood...

 

That words stucked on Sowon's head and drained her energy. As if she hanging on a cliff all this time and suddenly her hand lost it strenght 'causing her grab slipped then make her fall down into seems like bottomless  chasm.

"Sweety, what's wrong? Are you feel hurt somewhere?" Mrs. Kim can see that her daughter became more pale than before and her hand that on her hold are strenghtless.

The door open and that man, Lee Hyun, came in. Sowon shut her eyes. She doesn't want to see him. Seeing him make as if her world fall apart into pieces.

 

 

When nobody else in that room, Sowon gather her strenght to wake up. She take off the IV hose. She looking for her shoes and find it under her bed. She wear her shoes quickly then go out from that room.

She walking through the empty hallway, while keep lean on the wall, because actually she still not strong enough, her legs are trembling, but she keep going, try to find her Daddy's room.

 

"Sojung-ah !" A man's voice call her. Sowon stop her step. Her eyes wider. But, she not turn her head also not respond. She has a hunch that voice is belong to 'that man'. "How dare him call me like that.... as if we already close." Sowon thought and get angry again.

 

Sowon clench her teeth and continue to step forward, ignore the fact 'that man' is right behind her and even already called her name informally.

 

 

Lee Hyun quietly following Sowon. Not too close, but not too far either. He ready to catch her whenever she might fall. Sowon's padded coat is in his hand. When he checked on her before and not found Sowon in her room, he quickly grab her padded coat that left on the couch, then run to looking for her, worried about her condition. But, even though he find her now, he doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter