Chapter 20

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About an hour after the latest announce from the kidnappers, Miyoung came in a rush to bring the kidnapper's letter of demand from the office to Hyun that stay on Police Departement since yesterday.

Hyun read it...

It turns out all about bussiness and money. They must be from one of Lee Company's competitors. They want him to cancel his important project. Mega project that will bring prosperous for a lot of people.

 

*****

 

Lee Company is in process to develop a left behind village.

There's a left behind village in a secluded crook of mountains. The access is still hard to pass through. There's no car that can go there. They left behind few decades. There's no TV there, just one radio that hardly get signal. Mostly work as farmer. Plants are definitelly can grow well there and harvest are good, but they can't distribute it out. That's why when Hyun found that place few years ago after his graduated when he travelled alone, he decide that he will help that village and make it more prosperous. Because the villagers are absolutely so kind and heartwarm people. He want the world to experience and imitate their goodness. Also the view there are so beautiful. Hyun think that tourism industry will match for them.

But there some bad people that also know about that place and want to own it, because there also gold and uranium in that mountains. Mine explorations even though the result is give advantage for human life but absolutely will destruct the nature.

If Hyun keep on his project then they will failed to get what they want. While Hyun doesn't interest to explore the mine, he try to keep the nature still on where they belong. He even doesn't want to move single rock from it place. Because for him everything are beautiful the way they were.

 

*****

 

"Minhyuk-ah... please help me to find and safe her as soon as possible. They will do more terrible things to her. I can't stand anymore." Hyun grab Minhyuk's collar shirt, while his tears streaming.

"Hyun, calm down. You have to keep your sanity. You still have to think about their demand. Are you gonna do as they want or if not then what you gonna do then? Let's say the worst scenario, we can't find them before the limit time end tomorrow, then what you gonna do?" Minhyuk try to make his friend to think in his right mind.

"I can't let them hurt her more. But, I can't let them destroy the village too... there's no way out, except to find and safe Sojung then kick them all to jail for the rest of their life." Hyun boiled in anger.

 

Few hours later...

"Sir, we find the estimate location. It's not too far from their left their van before." A police report to Minhyuk about the progress.

"Are you sure?" Minhyuk ask.

He a bit tilt his head, "It's still estimation. Based on signal hack from the kidnapper's broadcast been launched. Our men still try to get information from local citizen."

Then suddenly another police report, "There's local citizen confirm that they saw suspicious men at a secluded hut that been left since long time ago."

"Okay. Let's go! Bring back up too." Minhyuk give an order. "Yes, Sir!" Then they move quickly.

"Minhyuk-ah... let me go with you too." Hyun beg.

"It's dangerous, Hyun. It's better for you to wait here." Minhyuk persuade his friend.

"No. Take me with you too, please... I have to see her." Hyun insist.

Minhyuk deep sigh, "Alright. Wear the bulletproof vest and stay behind me."

"Okay. Thanks." Then Hyun go with them too...

 

 

About dawn when they arrive at that particullar hut...

They stop about hundred meters away try to  unnoticable. Then Minhyuk send one of his men to check that hut situation. About 15 minutes there's a report that the hut is the right place. He send pictures, there some men guarding in the hut's yard with gun in their hands also heard girl-crying sounds from inside, even send the voice record, Hyun quickly notice that sounds is belong to Sojung. With that report Minhyuk quickly order for his men to split up and to surround that hut. His plan to knocked them down one by one in silence. He order snipers to stand by in positions. Minhyuk make sure to all his men get that he want everything to be done before sunrise.

 

Mission begin...

Snipers lock on their targets and in short time they knocked them down one by one. It was so smooth as plan,  without a sounds. As soon as all guards in the yard already clear, they get inside the yard and then surround the hut. It's a small old rickety hut. They peek inside through small holes between the wooden wall. Inside is dim lit, but they can see Sowon is really in there, with 3 left culprits.

 

Inside the hut...

"Geezz... we still have a night to stay at this in' hut. Aarrgghh...!! It's so dead bored here. There's nothing here. We can't even make a sound. The smell is like hell, also there's a lots of mosquitos and bugs here... eeuuww~..." one of the culprit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter