Chapter 9

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*In Hyun's car, on their way to drive Sowon back to GFriend's dorm...

The situation between them are not cold like usual, but become awkward. But it's better, right?^^

 

"Sojung-ah..." Hyun gather all his guts to try to call Sowon. His sounds a bit timmid, but still clear enough. For him doing this is more nerve-wrecking than make billions dollars bussiness deal. Because for Hyun, bussiness deal are rational and predictable than Sowon. He totally clueless on how he have to do and talk to Sowon.

"Yes... Oppa." Sowon answer back, her sounds a bit surprise and stutter. But she manage to turn and glance at Hyun with definitely not the usual cold sounds or face expression. And that already fluttering Hyun's heart. That the first time he hear her call him 'Oppa'. That mean a lot for him.

 

Hyun : "Can I ask you something honestly?" Hyun carefully ask.

Sowon : "Sure. About what?"

Hyun : "You really serious about what you talked about at the gathering, right?"

Sowon : "Yes, of course. Are you doubt me?"

Hyun (startled) : "No... no... sorry. I don't mean to doubt you, really... it's just... uhmmm.... honestly.... I'm shocked. I never thought you could did that."

Sowon : "I really have thought about all this. I really wonder why my family are so excited. I'm curious why they like you that a lot. At first, I really angry why they seems not support me to reach my dreams, and seems want to ruin my career with this married matter. That's why I hate you a lot before. Sorry, by the way... but then I realized after deep thought about all that happen lately, that my family is just did it because they care about me, they love me, and they hope the best for me, they consider you as someone that might be able to look after me.... for their good intension for me, I think I should give it a chance. Make sure there won't be regret."

Sowon said those with calm tone. Once again, Hyun find charismatic-Sojung that make him feel like there butterly flying in his stomach.

 

"I'll try my best to not dissapoint you." Hyun said it with firm tone

Sowon glance at him and give thin smile, but that's enough to make Hyun flutter even more.

 

Hyun : "Uhmmm... 'cause now we are officially couple. I can call and send you messages, right?"

Sowon : "Yes."

Hyun : "You will let me pick you up and drive you to you campuss or dorm or to your schedules, right?"

Sowon : "Yes. If my Manager busy, you can do it."

Hyun : "Ouwh.. only when your Manager busy..." He sounds dissapoint.

Sowon (chuckle) : "Especially to my schedules locations. You can drive me anytime and anywhere."

Hyun : "Really?!" Hyun can't help to excited, his eyes wider when look at Sowon.

Sowon (laugh) : "Yes. But can I ask you to be careful? I don't want to make troubles to my company. My Dad will talk to my CEO-Nim tomorrow. So, before everything clear, I think we should hold to meet."

Hyun (nod his head) : " Okay. That's reasonable. I get it. But, we can talk by the phone, right?"

Sowon : "Yes, of course. You seems so excited about this, Oppa..."

Sowon sounds more relax and comfortable in calling him 'Oppa' this time. She really try to make it habbit.

 

*Hyun's thought...

"'Oppa..." she call me 'Oppa' again...!!! aah~... she sounds so cute and sweet when she call me 'Oppa'..." Hyun melt everytime Sowon call him 'Oppa'.

*end of Hyun's thought

 

Hyun (clear his throat due to fluttering heart) : "Okay. Great. I just want to make sure you won't mind."

Sowon : "I don't mind. But there will be times when I can't pick up your call or reply your messages, I hope you won't be upset too quick at me."

Hyun : "Oh yeah, sure. Me neither."

Sowon nod her head.

 

They about arrived on Sowon's dorm.

Hyun : "You want me to drop you at the front or like before on your basement parking lot?"

Sowon : "Basement parking lot, please."

Hyun : "Okay."

 

Hyun drive his car to Sowon's basement parking lot, as near as he can to the elevator, like he did before.

Sowon : "Okay, Oppa. Thanks for drive me back. Goodnight. Becareful on your way back."

Then Sowon about to open the car's door when Hyun stop her.

Hyun : "Sojung-ah..."

Sowon stop then turn to face Hyun.

Sowon : "Yes?"

Hyun : "Uhmm... I just want to tell you that... your consideration to give me a chance is mean a lot for me and my family. Thank you."

Sowon smile and nod her head.

Hyun : "I'm gonna try my best to not dissapoint you."

Sowon nod again.

Sowon : "Let's be honest to each other. Don't pretend. I won't pretend toward you, Oppa. So when you find me do something you don't like, just straight tell me. 'Cause I will do the same thing to you. Our family really hope we getting married for real, I tell you what... I definitelly can't married to someone that I don't know. If we really want this work out. Don't pretend to each other."

Sowon definitelly being serious. The way she said it in firm tone and stare right at Hyun's eyes, make that man admire her once again. He always loves when Sowon being charismatic-bossy..

Hyun : "Okay. Deal."

Then Hyun give his hand out, ask for a handshake. Sowon grab his hand and shake it firmly, as if they are from 2 different companies that make a bussiness deal.

 

******

 

*GFriend's dorm....

The dorm is quiet and dark. The girls seems not home yet. Sowon go to her room to change to more comfortable clothes, then she clean her make-up then wash her face.

 

When the girls finally back, they lights up the dorm's mood.

"Sowon-Unnie, are you already back?!" SinB's shout spread all o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter