Chapter 6

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early in the morning...

Sowon have to back to her dorm. She has class that day and GFriend schedules after. Her Dad is getting better, he even transfered to regular treatment room that morning. That's why Sowon feel she can leave for her schedules. Even Mr. Kim himself tell his daughter that she doesn't has to worry about him, make Sowon relieve.

 

But, something came up making Sowon upset again...

Hyun is about to go too for his work and Mrs. Kim ask him to drive Sowon to her dorm. Sowon even chocked up when she hear that while she gulping milk. She hardly cough few times then she wipe the milk from with her back hand in upset.

"Mom, I can go back by myself. I'm not a kid. Or I can ask Manager-Oppa to pick me up. Why should I go with him?" Sowon burst in anger.

"Both of you are at the same way back. Hyun even doesn't need to turn back, it exactly the same way he take. Afterall, it will faster than you have to wait your manager pick you up. Better than wasting your time... or money if you wanna take a cab. You don't mind, right, Hyun?" Mrs. Kim turn to look at Hyun, who immidiately nod her head. "Yes, of course I don't mind, Eom... oops... I mean... 'Mam." He about to call Mrs. Kim 'Eommoni' again, but quickly correct it, Sowon is glare at him.

"But I do mind, Mom." Sowon keep reject her Mom 'silly' advise.

 

"Sojung-ah, just go with Hyun. It might be troubled yourself if you take a cab. People will not let you go easily at the time they see you especially in your costume like right now. So, just go with Hyun, it will lessen our worry." Mr. Kim also try to advise his stubborn youngest daughter.

Hear what her Daddy's said, Sowon deep sigh. "Okay, I give up..." she said with hands up. Luckily Sowon not catch that her unnie is about to shout in celebration but manage to hold herself because their Mom and Dad quick glare at her.

 

 

Hyun zippered Sowon's padded coat untill up. Before told her to hide her red hair to bun then cover it wearing hat, also put on a mask. They carefully take an elevator straight to the basement parking lot. While they inside the elevator, if there somebody else, Hyun will covering Sowon behind his back.

They safely inside Hyun's car. Sowon thought... for a rich-young-master who successfully be a manager in less than 2 years, and now even as General Manager of that such a big company, his car is kind of regular-middle car. She thought that Hyun supposed to be able to ride a kinda sport car like those rich-brat who usually boasting their parents richness. But, instead she find that Lee Hyun is not that kinda brat.

 

Both of them are just keep silence. Busy with their own thoughts. Hyun is driving and just look at straight to his front view. While Sowon is looking outside her windowsite. Her hands are fidgeting. She feel uncomfortable with that situation.

 

"Are you want to have breakfast before back to your dorm?" Suddenly Hyun break the silence between them.

"No. Just get for yourself." Sowon answer without turn her head to Hyun.

"I'll just drop you first on your dorm, then..." Hyun said it as if he just talking by himself.

 

Then silence again....

 

Hyun carefully stop his car on Sowon's dorm basement parking lot, he try his best to stop as near as  he can to the elevator. Sowon about to open her door, but stop when she remember that she still wearing Hyun's hat. She take it off then give it back to Hyun. "Thanks for lend me the hat also for drop me by and also.... for gave your blood for my Daddy." For the first time Sowon talking while look straight to Hyun. Her voice tone also sound sincere when usually she so cold to Hyun.

Hyun take the hat and nod his head. "You're welcome..." he seems kinda absent-minded, 'cause Hyun actually drown to Sowon's eyes. He can sense that young-girl's cold but also can feel how sincere her grateful for her Daddy's matter. Hyun imagine that Sowon build high and seems unbreakable fortress around her, to protect and hide her soft and loving heart.

 

******

 

"Kids, I'm back !" Sowon safely get back to her dorm.

"Unnie....!!" There're sound of 5 girls greeting her cheerfully.

Sowon find her members gather on their kitchen, Yerin is cooking and Yuju help her. While 3 other kids just playing around near them. Maknaes even running chasing around. Seems like SinB is take Umji's favourite bunny doll (*when they as guest on New Yang Nam Show, Umji brough her 10 years bunny doll. Doll from her Mom, unfurry doll, 'cause Umji has allergic on dust and furry) away, that's why Umji chase SinB to get back her doll.

While standing still in her spot, Sowon grab SinB's arm, when that girl near her, and snatch Umji's doll from her, then give it back to Umji. The maknae smile gladly and hug her doll tight, "Thanks, Unnie. You are my hero." While SinB pout her lips and shoot sulke glare at her oldest-unnie, but when Sowon glare back at her, that girl quickly change to smile brightly to her, then came to Umji and twine the youngest-girl's shoulder then they happily bubling as if they were not in hunt-for-live session before. "Tch... tsundere..." Sowon thought and scoff at SinB's behavior.

 

"Unnie, how's Abonim (아버님 : father - polite way)? It's sad that he get a working accident." Yerin ask while turn her head to her Unnie.

"Thank God, he's getting better. The wounds actually not to serious, but he lost a lot of blood, that's the biggest problem." Sowon tell her members and have a seat on around their dining table on the kitchen.

Eunha who doesn't do anything, with sensibility get a glass of milk for her oldest-unnie, make Sowon smile to that cute-short-bobbed-hair-girl with gratefull, "Thank you, Eunha-ya."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter