The Seeds We Sow

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They go outside to have a look at the water system. The two works is almost silence with Simon knee deep in the water while Valerie stands on the banks, handing him various tools.

“Aren’t you going to also why I have my kid brother in there?”

“Not really.”

There is a pause as Simon and Valerie exchange tools.

“Just don't tell anyone about him.”

“I never said I would.”

“You know, somehow you surprise Me.” he replies more to himself than anything else.

 

They finish fixing the water system and Valerie continues with the job she had before. She paused briefly for something to eat which she shared with Tobi. After lunch Simon disappears after asking her to keep an eye out for Tobi only to return late at night.

“You’re still here?”

“Well you never said I could leave.” she says rolling her eyes. “I would want to disobey Killian’s men’s word.”

Simon looks positively disgusted with her statement. “You think I’m one of Killian’s men?” he says angrily.

“Well I was sent here by him…”

“He just owns the land; thinks he can do whatever he wants. Anyways it's late; you should get going or else Killian’s men will really come bother you.”

Valerie is busy finishing up when she is interrupted.

“Actually if you wait, I’ll walk you back. Just let me get Tobi.”

Tobi grabbed sleepily onto Simons head as he sat on his shoulders. Valerie walked a little bit ahead of them leading them back to their house. She stops when she heard a loud crash followed by a little shadow flashing before them. Simon started walking again when they heard crying. Valerie walked up to the shadows and noticed it was a little girl a couple of year older than M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter