Half Empty

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Neveah admired the way the rose tinged light fell on her skin through the stained glass Window as it filtered through the water. Neveah laughs as she recalls the first few time she felt the cold ocean water rush against her legs as scales came together to form her tail. Se remembered how she thought she was going to freeze to death in her younger years. Years later the change is barely noticeable and rather like a greeting from an old friend. She looked down at her tail; it's not that she likes to brag, but she loves her tail, arguably one of the most beautiful in all of Atlanta. He tail starts out as pearlescent white scales starting at her waist fading into a lilac purple deepening at her fins and trimmed with the softest rose gold edges. But all merpeople’s tails are beautiful; each made to suit their personality. Hers also complimented her pale skin and raven hair. Her favourite part was the way the ocean dressed her every time she stepped foot into salty water, every time was something new, the ocean always finds something different to decorate her. Today a delicate pale blue seaflower with tiny pearls dotting her hair as it waved in the water.

 

Neveah looked at her image in the mirror. “So this is how I will look like for the rest of my life…” Today was her 20th birthday making down the age that she will stop aging, looking forever 20. “Not bad…” she says to herself, but then again all me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter