The Idea of You

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s break up.”

 

How did we end up here? I thought we would last forever.

 

At first everyone was surprised that the two of them started dating. But over time everyone could see how good they were together and for each other. He was the golden boy, well mannered, kind and very good looking. She was bright and a hopeless romantic. So how did they end up here?

Luna remembered the first time she saw him. It was straight out of a drama. It was spring with the cherry blossoms just reaching that stage where they were in full bloom and just starting to lose their petals. She remembered the tinge of anxiety as she entered her university campus as a new student. She had stopped for a moment to take it all in and that was when she saw him, walking into the campus with his earphones in and reading a comic with a wide smile and a twinkle in his eyes as her turned the page eagerly.

It had not registered at that moment how much that snapshot would mean to her. Was that the moment that was the beginning of the end? She did not think much of it then, her mind focused on the beginning of a new life in a new city.

 

It wasn't until she saw him weeks later when she spotted him in her advanced calculus class. The sunlight from the windows hit him just right, illuminating his features. Was that the moment? Maybe it was later, when she found herself stealing glances at him. Or was it when she tried to find out the little details about him. She found out that his name was Park Bo Gum, he was a year older than her. He was a very private person, so there was not much available, but what she did know, was that she wanted to know more. She wanted to know what made him smile like a warm spring day. She knew she was falling hard, but she didn’t care, even if he had no idea that she was in the same room as him. Maybe it was this moment that doomed it all? She would never know.

 

Luna’s guilty pleasure was romance; she loved reading stories about how two unlikely people came together and fell in love. She loved love at first sight, the grand romantic gestures, and loved how her heart would wrench together when things do not go well for the couple. She found herself putting Bo Gum in the role of the Hero’s. And even out of the stories she read, she would find herself daydreaming about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter