Let Go

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why does it feel like I have been here before?” Valentina asks her best friend, Irene.

“You must be imagining things.” She laughed as they push the door of the Cafe. “You said you’ve never been there when we were looking online.”

“But it seems so familiar…” Valentina thought to herself as they headed to the counter. “Can I have-”

“Oh! It’s you! I haven’t seen the two of you for a while, I was starting wonder what happened! How are the two of you doing?” The barista smiles.

“The two of us?” She asks.

“No you and, what was his name again, Se-”

“Can I please have an Americano please?” Irene interjects quickly giving the barista a look.

The barista looks a bit confused but does not push the matter further and Irene quickly guides Valentina toward some seats away.

Valentina laughs at something Irene says, when the little bell on the door of the cafe rung brightly causing her to look up. A young man walks in, and the world seems to slow down, he was strikingly handsome and he carried himself with ease, he paused and looked around the cafe before locking eyes with her. Suddenly she felt a bit breathless, her heart starting beating as if it wanted to escape her chest.

“What’s wrong?” Irene asks suddenly bringing her back to now.

“Oh, nothing!” Valentina says quickly.

“But you’re crying?”

“What?” Valentina says as she touches her eyes and her fingertips come away wet.

“I don’t know… but when I saw that man, I feel sad. I don’t know why?”

This makes Irene turn around in her chair to look at what Valentina was talking about. Irene started to panic, why was he here? How much does Valentina remember?

“We’re leaving.” Irene suddenly announced as she gathered up their belongings.

“Why all of a sudden?” Valentina asks clearly confused but following her friend’s lead.

“I suddenly remembered that I told your mom that we would go back early.” Irene says as she literally started pulling her friend out the door.

Valentina could literally feel Irene relax as they left the cafe.

“What’s going on?” Valentina asks again not believing the excuse her friend gave.
“Hey! Sorry!” A voice called out to them followed by soft footsteps. The two of them pause.

“You forgot this!” The man from earlier said as he handed Valentina her scarf that must have fallen in the hurry leave.

“Thank you.” Valentina says as she reaches to takes the scarf. She liked his voice. He surprised her by looping her scarf around her neck gently.

“It’s a pleasure.” He smiles. “My name is Sehun by the way.”

“Nice to meet you - and I am -”

“Leaving.” Irene announces as she pulls Valentina along with her, leaving the man to stand alone.

“Do you know that person?” Valentina whispers to her friend as they walk away.

“It doesn’t matter, Just stay away from him.”

“But he is just a stranger?!”

“You are right, he is a stranger and he should stay like that, a stranger.”

Sehun closed his eyes as a wave of pain hits him. How can watching her go hurt so much. How can a person have such a big effect on a person leaving him breathless? He had to meet her again. He walks back to the cafe where the barista was waiting for him. “Did you catch up to Valentina?”

Valentina couldn’t shake off the afternoon in her mind. She felt like there was something Irene was not telling her and that just made her more curious as to this man they saw today. There was something familiar about him and she just wanted to know more. It felt like she knows him, but she doesn’t. She lets out a loud sigh of defeat. Thinking about it just made her more confused and she could feel a headache coming on.

The next day she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter