The Seeds We Sow

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of them get back into the truck after Simon tied and gagged the men. “Shouldn’t we maybe like silence them somehow?” Valerie asks as she gets puts a sleeping Tobi on her lap.

“Nah its fine, if they really are Killian’s men he'll find out sooner or later.”

They drive in silence for a white before Valerie speaks again.

“Why didn't you see that last guy?”

Simon doesn't answer and Valerie is sure that he wasn't going to answer until he spoke a few minutes later.

“I’m almost completely blind in my left eye.”

“What happened?” Valerie blurts out before she realizes that it probably was a sensitive topic.

“I was in a bad crowd a couple of years ago. My so called friends thought it would a smart idea to wish for riches on a black market seed.”

“Oh…” Valerie says softly guessing what happened next.”

“But I didn't wish for riches… I don’t need something stupid like that…”

“What did you wish for?”

“To see my parent’s again… dumb move… almost cost me my sight if it wasn't for your Aunt… she didn't even know who I was.”

Valerie wanted to ask about what he meant about his parents but she knows better. Especially when she knows how it feels when people ask her about her parents.

They stop by the next city to do some quick shopping. Valerie went to the ladies room for a few moments, and when she gets back Simon, Tobi and the truck was nowhere to be seen. She ran around for a bit, “He wouldn't have left her behind would they?”

That's when she spots two men stuffing Tobi into the backseat of the car.

“Val!” Tobi calls her when she saw him! “They hurt Simon Hyung!”

She instinctively runs towards him and kicks the kidnappers. “Let him go!”

“Do you think Killian will just let this kid go? We know he has the seed!”

“There is no use! The seed has already taken!”

Valerie kicks and bites the men but nothing works.

“There is no point!” Valerie yells as she punches the guy but he doesn't even flinch.

“Killian can still make the boy a wish that would favor him!”

“You're disgust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter