The Truth Untold

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bluebell”

Blue heard her name being called out, there has to be some sort of mistake was her first thought, no one ever spoke her name, much less her full name. But there seems like it was not a mistake as the whole village turned to look at her. She watched as a mixture of expression passed through the other villager’s faces, at first shock, followed by confusion, the disbelief.

 

Even she herself did not believe it. How was she the one chosen one?

 

On the coldest night of every year, the whole village would gather together, for one reason only, to vote for the most worthy young lady of the village. No one knows when this tradition began, but every year without fail everyone would gather. The chosen one would be sent to the castle by the sea. Every year on the coldest night, the thick thorns that surrounded the castle would part to let this chosen lady through. Little is known as to what exactly happens once the path disappears covered by thorns once again. Two fortnights, on a full moon, the path opens once again to let the young lady back to the village. The girls comeback with riches and jewels, but when asked about what happened behind the thorny barrier, All the previous girls always recall the same thing, a beautiful castle laden with riches and luxury, every need and whim attended to.

 

Due to the riches and jewels, to be chosen was a great honour. Many girls would spend the year proving their worth, doing their best to gain as many votes as they can.

Blue’s eyes briefly passed by those girls, scared to make eye contact, scared to see the hate in their eyes. As if they did not dislike her already as is. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter