Half Empty

Breathtaking Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum stared blankly out of the window as he watched the scenery change from big city skyscrapers to mountains edging the blue grey ocean that spread out blending in with the grey storm clouds gathering. His parents chatted softly in the front seat making plans and discussing what still needs to be done. He blocked out their chatter, honestly, he didn’t mind moving out from the big city. Of course it mean giving up his degree in marine biology, but It would be worth it if he could get away from the city. The car slowed down as they got closer to the small town that would be their new home.

Welcome to Seashell Bay.

Another sign flashed by.

Beware of Mermaids

Did he see that right? “You guys saw that too right?”

“What are you talking about Jaebum honey?” He mom asks as she turns around to look at her son.

“The sign about mermaids?”

“No? Where was it?”

“Just now… beware of mermaids? You didn’t see it?”

‘That must be a good story! We have to make sure to ask Taecyeon, see if he has heard anything?”

Even as they pulled up to their new apartment, the sign still lingered in his mind, the aged wooden sign hammered firmly in the ground as if to make sure that the warning would be there. He left to wander the new place after he dumped all his boxes in his room. He would unpack later, it was not as if he had lots to unpack, there wasn’t much he wanted to keep when they moved. He walked out the back, a modern house jumped out to him, it made their new place look like a joke next to it. “I wonder what kind of snob would stay there.” It was getting dark, but the luxury could be felt.

 

Jaebum took out the crisp white piece of paper out of his pocket, He scoffed as he read the 3 lines written on it. He remembers that day he got it, It was just a week since that had gotten his diagnosis, he was dying, slowly. He was just wandering around on campus when a strange guy, who was so beautiful he was practically glowing, just walked up to him. Jaebum had to look around to see if anyone else was seeing this, but to his surprise, no one seemed to take note except him. “Im Jaebum?” He asks, his voice echoing ever so slightly, it kind of freak Jaebum out, was God speaking to him?

“Yes…? That’s me?” He answered carefully.

The other guy practically jumped into Jaeb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter