Unexpected

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days,, keep on having Ms. Lee's advices in his mind, Jaejoong was set off to his journey in the search of a new job. Although he already had more than enough money to survive, nor more than enough money to buy a new building nor build a new one for a fresh new cafe in a new place, still, Jaejoong was in need of a job, permanently. He didn't need a high ranking job like being a lawyer nor a doctor, although his had his own dream to achieve, at least a job that gave him more than a hundred a month would still satisfy him. And Jaejoong still would not accept the low-ranking job like cleaning horses stable.

 

Jaejoong had applied for some applications, attending interviews, only all of his luck was not with him on the getting-a-job department. He just suddenly thought that being graduated was not essential as he was not going to find a job as soon as expected nor having a high status job like he wished for. He finally understood the fundamental of life, or that was what it got called, in his opinion itself. He even called his friends, asking if they had gotten or knew a company that was in need of a worker. One of his friends suggested him to be a pilot but he refused since he could not drive an airplane, not even in the video game where he ended up falling on the water, being shot either by a missle or whatever it was. Just as Jaejoong once again felt annoyed with life, wanting to give up and let the fate controlled him for the rest of his life, a new hope shone.

 

"Damn.." Jaejoong pissed off quietly as he strolled alone on the concrete path.

He was facing down on the ground, watching his own shadow casted upon him, looking more taller than he was. There were cars on the side of the path, despite of how quiet the area was. It was even hard to find some birds flying above. This area remained Jaejoong of a zombie film, especially Walking Dead. The buildings were connected to each other, on each side of the road, and most of them were looking very old, the paint was all drained away, the colour of white was now being replaced with yellowish-stain. Most of the buildings were old apartments, some windows of the rooms were opened, clothes got hung on it, showing that some people were still living there although most of them were already migrating to somewhere better.

 

Jaejoong sighed, feeling hot with sweats all on him, miles he had walked but not even a slight of chance was with him. Just as he wanted to stop by a bench, a building in front of him caught his attention.

"Your Daily Books." Jaejoong read the label on the building's door, showing that it was a bookstore. And it was new.

Jaejoong approached the wall, seeing some papers being sticked and to his surprise, they were all job applications. The bookstore was in need of one more worker, and the salary for the month was lower than what Jaejoong jad wanted but he didn't want to be selfish himself so he had decided to give it a try. He hoped it would be good. He hoped.

"H-Hello?" Jaejoong asked with a polite voice as he entered the bookstore without any trouble as the door was not locked.

No one gives him response, as there was no presence of human at all. The silence in the area greeted Jaejoong. He was just standing by the entrance, waiting for someone at least to show up. He quietly walked in, only to let the thud sound of him stepping on the carpet echoed out loud, but not loud like that of a falling object. From what Jaejoong saw, this bookstore could be stated opened for the public already in some weeks or less, as the things inside it were well arranged. Or maybe the owner of the bookstore was a hard-working and wise yet neat man, taking every hour to organize how his bookstore looked like. The bookshelves were standing tall on the carpet, containing variety of wonderful books to be discovered by readers. On top of each bookshelf were words telling the genres of the books contained, and most of the books were a complete collection nor edition, one book told one story and another book was the sequel of the previous one. And when Jaejoong examined more, the price of each book was affordable despite its thickness, and he wondered if more people knew about this bookstore's existence it would get more customers than he had in his cafe. Jaejoong wondered who was the owner of the book, maybe a reader himself.

 

Jaejoong kept on wandering around until he found himself was approaching the counter table. A cup of warm coffee was on it, a book with a bookmark in the middle was beside the small cup and one thing was catching Jaejoong's attention, a thing that was located on the table too, but far away from the other things displayed. A bottle of medicine.

"What is this?" Jaejoong stood by the table counter as he asked himself with his own question, reaching his hand out to the peculiar bottle of medicine.

He picked it up, shaking his softly and heard sound echoed, telling him that it was a tablet type of medicine, that needed to be swallowed with water to be eaten. As Jaejoong's curiousity increased as he turned the medicine around to check what the medicine was by reading the label, suddenly,

 

"It's my uncle." a voice from nowhere echoed, startling Jaejoong who accidentally let go of the bottle of medicine from his grasp, fletting it fell on the carpet with a thud sound, and the sound made by the tablets inside.

Jaejoong quickly turned around and was surprised to see a man stood tall just two steps in front of him, smiling. And more to Jaejoong's surprise at the point that Jaejoong wanted to feel a heart attack, the man was Yunho.

"Y-Yunho.." Jaejoong just able to utter the name.

Yunho smiled and chuckled, "I need to deliver it to my uncle one day." he said as he bent down and picked up the bottle of medicine.

"Ah.. I see.." Jaejoong said and his voice faded, he never expected to see Yunho here, not in the place where he most liked to stay at.

Yunho stood straight again and looked at Jaejoong, "Never in million of days I expect to see you here, Jae. Not in my bookstore." he said with a chuckle at the end.

Jaejoong blinked, "Your bookstore?" he asked, with a voice showed that he was totally surprised.

Yunho smiled and nodded, "I have just opened it 3 weeks ago, only some passers by notice it and come. But they are more than enough for me. Well, there is always a first for everything." he replied and laughed softly.

"I see..." Jaejoong said while lowering his head down. He was deep in thought, and also having the feeling of defeat. He could not believe at the point Yunho was hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter