Will You Cry The Same?

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is Ms. Lee?" with a hoarse voice, Jaejoong asked the nurse at the counter as soon as his arrival at the main hospital in the city.

Yunho who was worried just like Jaejoong stood beside his lover, waiting for the nurse to reply while she was flipping the pages of the thick antiquated looking A4 sized notebook. It might be used to jot down name of patients who were registered in the hospital.

The nurse, looked like she had found a name, lifted her head from looking at the name lists on the paper.

"May I know sir? Are you her grandson?" the nurse questioned, referring to Jaejoong who was never expecting to hear this question.

For Jaejoong, Ms. Lee was just an old woman who often supported him no matter in what situation, his permanent, loyal customer who came at his cafe by the dawn, and one who had told him that giving up was the worst option he would ever choose, Jaejoong's saver when he lost his cafe before. Jaejoong never expected that Ms. Lee had take him as her grandson, never. But he liked it, and loved it.

"Yes, I am. Could you please tell me where she is?" Jaejoong asked once again, could not feeling the equanimity in this situation.

The nurse hesitated for awhile when she was attacked with the sudden question. She stared at both Jaejoong and Yunho who were waiting for her to answer. She knew that she should not play with time, and neither feelings. She just could not endure it to see someone was injured deep in the heart. But it was her destiny to say out the answer, though difficult.

"Ms. Lee, is in the morgue." and the nurse lowered her head down, knowing what was the next thing to happen.

Jaejoong didn't know how to react when he heard the word 'morgue'. All the other words he listened were not entering his mind, his state of focus was not constant. He felt empty. Jaejoong suddenly felt weak that his legs were trembling, letting him to fall on the floor. Yunho quickly grabbed Jaejoong before any parts of his body touching the floor.

"I..." Jaejoong could not continue his sentence as tears replaced his words.

Yunho nodded, knowing there was nothing he could say to comfort his lover and welcoming Jaejoong in a tight warm hug.

"I-I need to see her..." Jaejoong managed to utter between his crying. He had decided to brave himself at took the risk, though seeing Ms. Lee in the morgue was the last thing he had ever wanted to see nor do. Because Ms. Lee was just like his mother, someone who had supported him all through. Yunho obeyed Jaejoong right again and stood up, helping Jaejoong to gain his balance and started to lead Jaejoong who was weak to the morgue.

 

"No! Ms. Lee! Don't leave me!" Jaejoong cried his heart out as he saw Ms. Lee's body on the bed, being covered with the blanket.

His tears could not reflex the emotion that overwhelmed him. Jaejoong cried out loudly as he took Ms. Lee's thin hand and kissed it. Yunho just managed to watch everything, he knew that nothing could stop Jaejoong from crying his soul out. And spent the day by giving out his tears non-stop, though his eyes were already swollen and sore.

 

"Morning." Yunho who was playing with his phone greeted.

Jaejoong opened his eyes slowly, allowing the bright shine of the sun to reflect on his vision, making everything lookef so bright that he thought he was standing in front of heaven's door, though he never knew what heaven looked like. It took Jaejoong some seconds to recognize that he was actually sitting on the passenger seat of Yunho's car. Guess like he spent his night in the car along with Yunho. Before Jaejoong could ask a question, Yunho already gave the answer.

"You fell asleep after crying last night. The doctors say we can't stay there and knowing that it will take hours for us to reach your house, I assume it is better to just stay in the car. And you look tired so that's why." Yunho explained.

"You read my mind.." Jaejoong muttered, almost mumbling his words.

Jaejoong was still thinking about Ms. Lee, that how he missed her but all he knew that Ms. Lee herself never liked it if he cried for her and could not move on. Jaejoong jad to be stronger than what he thought. Yunho knew the silence Jaejoong gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter