Don't Say Goodbye

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an early 7:00am when Jaejoong finally opened up his orbs and sat up from the mattress on the floor. He strectched his body as a mini-warm up before standing up, still somehow in a zombie mode. Jaejoong snapped it away as he looked down on the bed beside him. He saw a person who was once an angel who was proud with its beautiful and shiny feathery wings but now nothing but only a fragile creature. Yunho heaved in a quiet motion, with eyes closed and dried pale lips. His skin was so cold to touch, and he was getting thinner than expected. Jaejoong just smiled away his sadness. He recalled of the Yunho he once fancied. A brave man who would fight any obstacles ahead, but now Jaejoong could just see a hopeless man. But his love would never die.

"Don't say goodbye, Yunho. You are the only one for me." Jaejoong whispered and smiled. The tears that were threatening to fall, Jaejoong only managed to hold them back in with a forced smile on his lips. Perhaps life was already bored with him, or life was starting to have an interest within him, Jaejoong never has the answer to his one and only remaining question; why. He would never find the answer for eternity. Jaejoong sighed quietly, not wanting to wake up the hopeless man as he made his way to the window and pulled the curtains, welcoming the rays of the sunlight to pass through the glass, at least, helping to brighten the area inside the ward room. Light to brighten the darkness.

 

Soon after brushing teeth and washing face, Jaejoong changed his clothes into a simple cyan sweater since rains was starting to pour down. Jaejoong assumed that the temperature would do the same too, despite being inside the hospital building. Jaejoong took one last look at his dearest Yunho before leaving the ward room. He put his hands inside the pockets of the sweater for warmth and greeted anyone that passed by, either workers, visitors or patients. He flashed a bright smile upon anyone he encountered, despite how many tears he had released. Today, he just wanted to be strong, at least for once. He hoped to be able to rise like the rising sun and show to life that he could do something that he was told he could not do. He wanted to accept the challenge at last. He hoped he could survive and win, though.

 

"May I help you, sir?" the nurse behind the counter politely asked, followed with an assuring smile as she saw Jaejoong was approaching the counter.

Jaejoong responded with a small smile, "Can I have a first-class room for Jung Yunho?" he asked as he leaned his body against the counter.

"Oh, please wait sir." the nurse replied as she went inside a room and talked with two other nurses.

Jaejoong watched as the nurses took a lot of thick files and flipped through the pages. Their fingers were pointing up-and-down on the page, eyes squinting, looking for a word. Jaejoong acknowledged that the amount of patients staying in the hospital was a lot than expected. He then quickly smiled when the nurse came out again from the room.

"We will be talking about it with the doctor. We will inform you about it as soon as possible once we receive the doctor's authorisation." the nurse told before bowing in an apologetic way.

Jaejoong chuckled a bit and nodded, "Oh, sure. I will be waiting then. Thank you." he said with another flashed small smile of his before leaving the counter and made his way back to the ward room. But then...

 

"I don't want to live anymore, doc. Please end it all." a voice could be heard from inside the ward room, making Jaejoong to halt and decided to eavesdrop.

"But, what about the man?" another different voice heard.

"Just... don't tell him. Alright, doc? Even if it is now or later, I will die too though..."

"If that's your choice then, I can't disagree myself."

"Just.. let me die before he knows.. I don't want me nor him to suffer, doc."

Then,

"SPASH!" Jaejoong's phone fell from his hand down to the floor in a very speedy motion, and flumped very strong on the floor, letting out a loud sudden thud sound as it flipped before landing on the floor.

This sound of the dull impact revealed where Jaejoong was and lured the attraction of Yunho and the doctor inside the ward room. The doctor and Yunho paused their conversation and quickly turned their heads toward the entrance in unison. And unexpectedly, they saw the hopeless Jaejoong, having a rather surprised or disappointed expression floated on his bare face, standing with jaw dropped on the entrance, looking at them with watery eyes.

"Jae..." Yunho muttered, as if he was whispering instead, knowing that Jaejoong was in a mental-breakdown state right now, and that another chaos would happen. Yunho's secret intention was spoiled, and he didn't like it. The doctor decided to leave the ward room since he already acknowledged what was coming, and he was escaping since he admitted that he could not bare anymore sadness to be watched. He preferred just going away like a coward. Sensing that the doctor was nowhere to be found, with small and slow steps Jaejoong entered the ward room, leaving his once admired phone on the floor with trembling eyes fixed at the now speechless Yunho.

"Jae..." Yunho only managed to mumble out the name he loved to hear.

"Yunho... why and what is that just now?" Jaejoong asked in a disbelief-sounding voice, the best he could show now as he approached Yunho on the bed, looking up at Jaejoong. "I.. I just-" "Don't lie to me anymore! Just tell me the truth! You want to die, am I right? You want to sleep forever isn't it? I know this. You want to leave me, right?!" Jaejoong exploded and pure shiny tears started to acumulate on his trembling eyes.

Jaejoong bit his lower lips and looked up at the sky through the window, in an effort to stop his tears. He hated it, he always looked this weak. He never meant to shed tears whenever angry but it was just like, a part of his nature. His soft heart let out tears whenever it was flaming. And Jaejoong hated it, very much.

"Just why did you do it, Yunho? Don't you love me anymore, huh? You want to leave me? You are pissed with your life? I know your life is ruined but so does mine. I don't give up yet, so do you, Yunho. Please... Please.." Jaejoong paused and groaned when his tears began to fall one by one, like a mini waterfall creating a small oasis. Only if it was a better oasis then it would be beautiful.

Jaejoong looked back at Yunho, though vision was blurring and his tears were covering his orbs, "Just, just, don't say goodbye, Yunho. You are the only one for me."

The eyes of the weak Yunho started to widen by themselves as he sensed tears racing up to set them free, and he looked away from Jaejoong. He disliked the term crying in front of Jaejoong. He just wanted to be at least looking strong in front of his love, despite he knew he could not. Jaejoong sensed the lukewarm reaction given by Yunho, making the man accepted the fate that Yunho was really serious in ending his life earlier before it supposed to end. Jaejoong'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter