Hope

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong like in the usual days walked down the hill in the way to his cafe. No Yunho could be seen now, neither did Jaejoong could smell Yunho's perfume. Jaejoong not like the other days somehow felt very safe and secured without the presence of Yunho and continued his walking. Upon he approached his cafe, he saw a group of men in uniform was gathering in front of his cafe, and they looked like were having a sort of meeting or stuff. Jaejoong somehow could feel the bad aura, like it was telling him that something was happening, something that would be the reason of his downfall...

 

"What is this?" Jaejoong asked as he approached the group of men.

All of the men somehow had the serious and guilty expression on their faces, and this made Jaejoong became more worried.

"Jae..." one of the men, to Jaejoong's surprise was his best friend, his permanent customer, who had recently complained about his break up.

"What is this, Yongseok?" Jaejoong asked at the man, Yongseok who was approaching him.

"Let me explain..." Yongseok with a sense of guilty sighed and looked at Jaejoong. "Will you please listen?"

Jaejoong didn't replied but just giving a short nod. Yongseok though, knew that Jaejoong would get mad over what he was going to tell him.

"Tell me." Jaejoong said again, upon seeing Yongseok who doubting to tell him or not.

Yongseok looked at Jaejoong with a sigh, "Please forgive me, Jae. Well, we have to destroy your cafe as the government need to build a huge shopping centre here." he explained with the voice of guilty.

This flinced Jaejoong, he was completely speechless, and his heart was hurting as if it was stopped from beating. Jaejoong just remained like a mannequin, staring at Yongseok who was lowering his head down, knowing that he was hurting his best friend, Jaejoong.

"Tell me that it is a joke." Jaejoong at last said after managed to utter his voice out, although it sounded way too weak than he needed it to be.

"No, Jae. I am serious." Yongseok replied again, "You need to give up."

Jaejoong almost laughed, "Me? Give up? Now? After some years I was going to bring my life into a bright side and now I have to give up? Give up?" he asked and laughed loudly, and everyone knew how much he loved his cafe, and they knew how much he was injured.

"Jae..." Yongseok said, more like pleading.

"Yongseok, don't you know how much I spent just to buy thise building for my cafe?" Jaejoong asked, sounded disappointed.

"I know. That's why we have prepared the exact amount of money to pay you back."

"No, I don't need money."

"But, Jae-"

"I need a job... I need a job to survive, Yongseok. You know it, we all know it. I need a job but I am not accepted anywhere, this cafe is the only reason why I am alive now."

"I am sorry, Jae.."

"That is all?"

And Yongseok remained quiet.

 

At first the others found it was hard to get Jaejoong's permission in continuing their work. Jaejoong even screamed and shouted like a mad man, attracting the passer-by's attention , while he was forcing the group of men to go away and leave him and his cafe alone. Upon seeing no one is going to listen to his plead, Jaejoong's tears started to roll down his soft cheeks, he even knelt down on the ground, asking for sympathy and hoped that the men would change their minds about destroying Jaejoong's cafe. However, not even the fall of bloodshed could change Jaejoong's fate and life. If this was how the story in his life was starting, he would soon find the twists and surprising as it was nearing to the beginning.

 

Jaejoong became weak with his hoarse voice and swollen eyes, he remained kneeling on the ground, even when the men were already starting the project of destroying his cafe. An A4-sized yellow envelope that contained a lot of 1000 dollars note money inside it was placed on Jaejoong's lap. Still, his tears were still dropping one by one, like money was not essential in his life. More like a helpless man who saw no hope anymore, was Jaejoong, continued on mumbling the word, "Please, don't." on and on again. Many people who passed by, included his beloved customers looked at him with sympathy, and some also stopped by and supported him up, either by giving him a hug or some words that told him everything was going to br okay, and there would be karma over everything. The customers did love the cafe so much since it was the only cafe available in the town, and they knew how much Jaejoong loved his cafe more than they did. They all felt melancholy toward him, but they knew could do nothing for him.

 

No one could support him, excepted for this old woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter