Would You, Jae?

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He suffers leukemia, and it is on the worst stage. There are few chances for us to save him. I am sorry.” a man with glasses in about his 40s said. “No, don’t say that doctor. Please, please do try your best. Please save him!” Jaejoong begged as he knelt in front of the doctor with aching heart and swollen eyes. “Please!” “I am sorry.” the doctor said with a guilty expression before he left Jaejoong in the corridor. Jaejoong could not do anything but kept on crying and screaming like a mad man. He felt betrayed by life, why was this happening to him, could not he just walk on the endless path without taking care of anybody. Jaejoong’s tears rolled down like the waterfall themselves, only to splashing on the floor making it slippery. Jaejoong was wounded, maybe this was the karma he got for hurting his girlfriend, or maybe this was the fate he had to face through his life. He didn’t know what to do nor say anymore, he was at lost. Suddenly, he stopped his crying. He still had time, he thought. Yunho was still alive and to spend the last moments with Yunho, Jaejoong would never ever waste it. He then slowly stood up, as if he was rising back from his defeat, and slowly walked to a ward room where Yunho was being hospitalized there and he slowly entered it. There at the entrance, Jaejoong just stood quietly. His tears dropping on the floor was the only sound that was obvious to be heard. He just looked at Yunho who was lying on the bed with an IV drip being attached to his arm. Yunho looked so pale and weak, different from what Jaejoong had seen before. Jaejoong could not believe that he was seeing Yunho like this. He hated it the most, not because Yunho was dying but because he knew Yunho was dying and in need of help but he could not help him, not even once. Jaejoong hated it as he was the foolish here, just being able to see Yunho dying without doing anything. However, there was nothing he could do anymore. Both he and Yunho knew that their time to be spent with each other had its own limit already. It was just a matter of time. 

 

“Jaejoong.” Yunho who was opening his eyes slowly muttered weakly. “I know you are there. Come here.”

Jaejoong was surprised to hear Yunho’s voice. Jaejoong frowned and slowly approached Yunho on his bed. Yunho smiled as he watched Jaejoong sat on the chair beside his bed. The beautiful weather was now being replaced with a dark and cloudy one, as if it was also watching the scene right now. Jaejoong sighed as he looked down, trying to avoid looking at the helpless Yunho.

“Hey, are you okay?” Yunho questioned with a smile, trying to get Jaejoong’s attention.

“I am the one who supposed to ask that.” Jaejoong, instead of answering said and looked at Yunho straight in the eyes. “Why don’t you tell me?”

Yunho sighed as he looked away. “I… I don’t want to hurt you.” he replied.

“You should have told me before! Though it is hurting but at least I know it earlier! Yunho, you-” and Jaejoong burst out crying.

Yunho then sat down slowly and leaned his hand on Jaejoong’s thigh.

“Listen, Jaejoong. I was going to tell you before but you refused to hear it.” Yunho said slowly.

“When?”

“20 years ago.”

Jaejoong was surprised as he looked at Yunho. A disbelief expression shown up on his face and Yunho just looked at him in a worried expression. That was the truth. Perhaps it was true, Jaejoong was the foolish one here that he refused to listen to Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter