Stand By Me

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Doctor, can I leave the hospital this afternoon? Perhaps just for an hour or two?" Yunho with the hope of the word 'yes' to be answered was being planted at the bottom of his heart asked.

Seemed to be deep in thought, the white coated doctor replied only with a nod followed with his advice.

"But never run away from the hospital as we are not responsible for runaway patients and that your condition is.. you know it yourself." he said soon after nodding once."And is the young man will take care of you again?"

Yunho grinned, "Yea, he is. Don't worry." he answered.

The doctor nodded once again, "And may I know why are you planning to leave?" he questioned, the glasses on his eyes completed the curious-looking he had, as if he was going to learn a new formula.

Yunho happily replied, "Today is his birthday. I just want to surprise him, like I did to him years ago." he explained and soon being trapped by his own imagination on how successful his planning would be.

"I see, I wish you luck by then. And again, never forget about your condition." and those were the last advice the doctor had mentioned before he took his steps to leave the ward room.

Yunho was so excited that he tried all his best to get up quickly on his bed and stood tall on his two trembling thin legs, and tried to balance himself and not to stumble then fall, that he hated the feeling of being the weakest among the others. It was not that he wanted to remain as the protected, he wanted to be stronger, or at least enough to be a shield for Jaejoong. That was it. They hoped, they wished.

 

"What's with your clothes?" Jaejoong who was entering the ward room with a glass of water in his hand asked with eyes fixed at Yunho's clothes, of how smart-looking they looked, and the image of the healthy and perfect Yunho was coming to sight once again, only with pale colour and fragile body structure.

Yunho smiled as he finished combing his hair and still looking at his reflection on the mirror in front of him.

"I just want to look handsome again." he replied and placed the comb on the table and turned his head to Jaejoong. "Morning, Jae."

Jaejoong lifted his left eyebrow. "Why all of sudden? You wear them as if you are going to a party or something. You are not going anywhere are you?" he asked more like a worried mother.

"I am leaving this boring place for some hours." 

"To where?"

"To somewhere beautiful and precious."

"You are not allowed to go anywhere. If the doctor says yes well I am not."

"That's why I am taking you with me."

"Eh?"

Yunho just flashed a wide grin to Jaejoong who was blanked with the sudden rare situation. Seeing that Yunho didn't tell more details of what was going on, Jaejoong decided to ask for more.

"So are we going now? Is it far?" he asked as if he was trying to prepare all the things needed to be brought for a week-vacation.

Yunho laughed softly, seeing this panicked Jaejoong only managed to make he laughed out.

"Don't laugh there, Yunho." Jaejoong said and rolled his eyes seeing his Yunho only laughing at his questions.

"Alright, don't take it to your heart. It is not that I am not allowed to laugh, too" Yunho protested with small laughing. "You just need to wear some nice clothes, Jae. As today will be one of the memorable days for us both, at least."

"Oh.. okay." Jaejoong went quiet soon hearing what Yunho had told him about. It might be because he was perplexed by the sudden situation or perhaps it was because the word 'memorable' spoken by Yunho ached his heart once again with no specific reason. He could not tell it.

 

Jaejoong just decided to use a plain black sleeved-shirt and cream coloured pants for the whole day, he assumed that the sun would be striking its hottest ray and that thin clothing would be the best cover, though dark coloured would lead to more sweats but he said fashion was unstoppable. Jaejoong was done packing things inside his small bag, and most of them were for Yunho's primary needs and he had put way too much focus on it that he didn't realize Yunho who was smiling watching him on the bed.

"An hour is not enough for him, still." Yunho said and chuckled.

Just by watching Jaejoong was enough to form his dried lips into a perfect smile. Jaejoong zipped up his bag and hung it on his tight shoulder then spun around just to see Yunho who was having a grin on his lips with eyed stared straight at Jaejoong.

"Are you doing that for minutes already?" Jaejoong asked.

Yunho smiled and had a nod as his answer. Jaejoong chuckled and walked to the curtain and pulled them together, blocking the sunlight to shine proudly inside the room.

"I assume that we will return at night." he said and faced Yunho. "And don't tell me that looking at me could already make you out."

"What the-" Yunho suddenly blocked his lips with his finger, telling Jaejoong to be quiet in another way instead of speaking.

"What?" Jaejoong asked, half annoyed, half trying to understand what Yunho was telling him to.

"Low it down. Your voice is too loud. Who knows there is someone eavesdropping out there."

"Oh... It is not that we are having a private conversation."

"We just did."

"Explain then."

"You have just said out the word just now."

"What word? ?"

"Shhhh!"

Jaejoong just shook his head and laughed as he walked out from the ward room. Yunho sighed and palmed his face as he followed Jaejoong with some quick steps.

 

Jaejoong took the wheel for the day and Yunho was resting his body on the passenger seat. Though Jaejoong had no idea of where they were heading to for the day but he kept on insisting that he should and Yunho just had to rest and that was all. Yunho could not fight. When Kim Jaejoong says no, it will mean no for eternity. The men had left the hospital for fun and was heading to the 'beautiful' place that Yunho had talked about. No exact location, only Yunho knew where. Yet, Jaejoong was still puzzled of why Yunho really wanted to go to this certain place, out of the days and it must be today. Jaejoong just wondered why that when he asked about their trip for the day Yunho would reply "Jae, I could never expect for you to be this very slow-witted." and Jaejoong hated to hear those words repeatedly so he stopped.

"I think we are heading off to the wrong direction, Jae." Yunho said with eyes examined the labeling along the road.

"How could you be so sure?" Jaejoong asked who was relaxing his mind and focusing on the car's stability on the tarred-path.

"Because I know the location." Yunho replied.

"And I am the driver here." Jaejoong remarked.

"Alright, alright. Just make a u-turn ahead and turned to the right when I say so. We are near."

"On it."

Jaejoong controlled the car and did as told very well and the situation right now, mixed with Yunho's non-stop instructions and Jaejoong who was whining second after second, this was more like a driving class, only that the tutor and the student were in a very good term that they had a silly quarrel like a cute couple.

"And yes, this is it. Just straight ahead." Yunho told as he was pointing to the road ahead.

Jaejoong didn't say anything but just followed the guide Yunho had shown him and finally after some silly quarellings about the direction once again, the men finally arrived at the their destination. A very beautiful place Yunho said, a very wonderful palace Jaejoong expected. However, only a small, abandoned shack was on the sight.

"What is this?" Jaejoong, sounded a bit disappointed asked as he turned off the roaring car. After some trouble getting to the right track, letting the precious seconds wasted, expecting for Yunho to suddenly take him to a date, this horror-looking, old abandoned and small wooden shack was very out of Jaejoong's touch.

"Let's get out." Yunho said and got out from the car without telling more explanation of what and where they were right now.

"What? Wait!" Jaejoong cooed out as he grabbed his bag that was full with Yunho's need from the backseat of the vehicle.

When Jaejoong lifted his head, he saw no Yunho anymore. That was weird. Where was Yunho? Had he went inside the old-looking shack? Yes, he did since the cracked wooden door of the shack was standing ajar. But why? Why did Yunho go inside the shack without waiting for Jaejoong? Why did he bring Jaejoong here? Why did he suddenly act like someone who was having a dark supernatural power and was hiding inside an old shack and somehow Jaejoong felt like he was the victim of a dark trap?

Jaejoong swallowed his questions and got out from the car. The sun was setting down already, and that he wondered perhaps Yunho was going to transform into a new form once the dusk approached. These supernatural thoughts were replaced with disgusted ones as Jaejoong realised that he was steeping on muddy path and that his shoes were all covered with mud stain.

"It was raining." Jaejoong mumbled and continued to proceed more closer to the shack. Jaejoong looked up to the darkening sky and somehow the arching large trees had given him a creepy imagination and the feeling of being watched, perhaps was just his imagination had made he gulped more than once. The glowing eyes of animals started to appear and they were all staring at him. Not a warm welcome, really.

"Perhaps they are just new to foreigners." Jaejoong tried to snap his fear out of his mind and focused on the door of the shack just a step in front of him. And Jaejoong gulped once again.

 

"Hello? Yunho?" Jaejoong called out as he pushed the old door.

An eerie sound echoed throughout the whole place and it made Jaejoong thought the the shack was actually way more bigger than it looked.

"Yunho? Where are you?" Jaejoong called once again for luck, and focused on waiting for at least a small reply but there was none.

Jaejoong gulped again and tilted his head to the darkness that welcomed him as he entered the empty shack. He then wondered if Yunho really went here or not. And he was wondering, though stupid, perhaps it was not Yunho that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter