Unexpected

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaning his body forward, to get a better view of what was printed on the white paper on the wall near the entrance door of the bookstore, Jaejoong started to read the words silently.

"Closed for weekends." Jaejoong mumbled and sighed as he recalled of the journey of him walking down the hill early in the morning, with happy smiles he greeted everyone and soon only to find out that Yunho's bookstore was closed for weekends. And today was a weekend. To think that he had to go back home, facing thr neighbours that he had just greeted not long time ago, climbing up the long hill with sweats under the shining sun that felt like burning, Jaejoong had to mithe both the feelings of dishonorableness and languidness.

Jaejoong facepalmed his face, thinking that he had to accept the challenge no matter what and cleared his throat. Jaejoong placed a wide smile on his red lips and started to walk back from the bookstore. It took only 3 small steps for Jaejoong to have the idea to take Yunho for a trip, or even a date, since it was weekend. Jaejoong turned back and approached the entrance door and stopped. Knowing that it would be ludicrous for him to try to open a locked door, knowing that it was already locked and won't even budge nor open at all, excepted for some violent kicks or push. But Jaejoong had no strength to do so. Jaejoong obviously knew that Yunho was inside the house, and he felt guilty for letting Yunho to live there. But, Yunho was the one who persisted to live in it, though with illogical reasons. And Jaejoong had to assume that it was wrong to disobey Yunho's command of just letting him stay in the bookstore itself. Stop thinking about Yunho's place, Jaejoong then took out his phone and messaged Yunho, telling that he was waiting for him outside of the bookstore. And he told that Yunho had to be well-dressed.

 

"Hey, Jae." Yunho greeted as be came out from the bookstore, and caught a sight of Jaejoong who was smelling the sweet odour of the flowers on the vases along the path. He seemed to be imnersed with the scent.

Jaejoong looked at Yunho and smiled. He was excited.

"Poppy." Yunho spoke as he approached Jaejoong, referring to the pretty flowers on thr vases.

Jaejoong looked down at the flowers, "Initially, I thought of roses. Those bright petals though." he muttered, still looking at the petals that seemed to be attracting him at his first stared.

"Roses?" Yunho asked and chuckled a bit, "Roses."

Though confused, Jaejoong just remained silent. Yunho then smiled and turned his head to Jaejoong.

"So, what's for today?" he asked, waiting for Jaejoong to look at him, expecting of an exciting answer.

Jaejoong smiled brightly, showing that he was delighted, and turned to Yunho who was waiting for his answer.

"Let's go somewhere today alright? Since it's weekend." Jaejoong replied with an excited tone.

Yunho chuckled, seeing this cute attitude shown by Jaejoong. He hummed.

"Sure, it is a good idea. But, where should we go? Do you have an early planning?" he questioned.

Jaejoong shook his head, "Sadly no. I just think about it today." he mentioned.

Yunho smiled, thinking with a hum to let the silence away, "Then, what about movies? I know a fun one will be played today at the nearby cinema." he suggested.

Jaejoong agreed right away. He didn't like movies much but since it was a date with Yunho, even in the jungle he could accept.

"Alright, let's go!" and he exclaimed happily.

 

Since walking would take more than 30 minutes in estimation to reach their destination, Jaejoong then had decided to use his car instead. And he was driving the car, though Yunho knew how, but still. Yunho was sitting in the passenger seat while Jaejoong was drivng the car. Both of them were amidst of quietness along the wayfare. It was not that they both were uncomfortable with each other, but maybe it was just that they were too comfortable. Until a news was announced through the radio. Both of them listened well to it, and to their surprise, the DJ was announcing a news about someone's death. And this made the two men went silence, they felt sorry for the family and hoped for the best. Jaejoong slowed down the pace of his driving into a moderate one, relaxing his mind and heart. The silence was so smooth but then what Yunho was going to say was out of Jaejoong's expectation.

"What do you think about death, Jae?" Yunho questioned while looking at the beautiful landscape of the nature through the window.

Jaejoong was confused over why Yunho asked such question. However, he just gave a response with the answer that he thought might be coincided by others.

"For me, death is what most feared by people." Jaejoong responsed, still continuing his driving. Jaejoong just took this topic as a simple one, like a game it was. While Yunho didn't.

"I see. Indeed, that is what most people think. But they all are just seeing the one side of death while mislooking the other side one." Yunho said. And Jaejoong then realized that this was not a game of talking.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong who remained quiet, waiting for him to continue his sentence. Yunho took this opportunity to say out his voice more.

"Most living creatures think that death is the end of their life, and that they would lose contact with the loved ones in the world. And that is what they are afraid toward it. However, some, despite the low possibility toward it, might think that death is not a thing, that should be feared of. There are 3 types of people, with different views toward deaths." Yunho mentioned, as if he was a lecturer in a university.

Jaejoong listened well to what Yunho had said, thinking whether what Yunho said might be true nor wrong. But it was just an opinion, no one could fight it. Yunho noticed Jaejoong's silence again, and so he proceeded. 

"The first group is the people, basically, those are afraid of death. Just like you, Jae. However, there are some people that think death differently from most people do. They consider the cessation of life as a thing that they favoured of. Though, that it seems pecuiar from our side of view but to them, these people like death. All they want is to die, to free themselves from this drama of life and forget all dilemmas that they have. Because when they think deeply, from being dead, they would gain peace. However, they were just thinking deeply, not wisely. These type of people, who wish to be died without any proper reasons, having the motive of dying is just giving up, they are actually dispirited. These people thought that giving up is the only option left, and that either killing themselves in variety of ways, like drowning themselves, or in a creative way by hanging themselves, or for the intelligence ones stabbing or shooting their heads, just to end their life. But, they have forgotten a lot of things. First, they forget about their families and friends. For example, those who are already suffering with terminal illness, have chances to talk nor spend their moments with the others but for this gave up people, they are losing a lot of chances. I am sure, that their families and friends are still loving them. Second, these people obviously never think of what they could have done to change their life instead of giving up. I am sure, when you are faced with bad lucks, therefore, never know when but if you try, happiness would come to you and embrace you tight. I am sure, if we try and change ourselves, we could control our life itself. There is no point nor reason to give up. If all people are giving up, then we won't see cars today and neither the knowledge of technologies we receive. Only those who try would get. On the contrary though, those families and friends of these gave up people could help them too. How? By giving support, love, affection and attention. It is easy, just have to give these four main things and I am sure that these factors would open up every saddened heart. Even we could tame the wildest wolf in the world. Just remember, we have to share and give instead of wait and receive in order to be happy ourselves." Yunho stopped his long talk with a smile as Jaejoong stopped the car when he saw the red light flashed bright.

The other cars stopped too, giving turn to the others. The sound of the ballad song played by the radio accompanied these two men. The piano sound as the background merged well with the situation of the topic that Yunho was talking about. Jaejoong just realized that Yunho was, though strange, teaching him how to be a better person in life, that we should not give up and have to think wisely of what we are planning to do. And that we have people who trust us who surround us, no matter how many, but enough for supporting us. And giving up was the worst action you will ever decide to do. However, this long speech of Yunho was not end yet.

Jaejoong took the time turning his stare at Yunho who was watching the cars sped up as the green light came into view, while their car was still waiting for their turn to move.

"And, you still need to tell me about the third type of people. What are they like? Are they the type who are trying to ignore death?" Jaejoong questioned, showing Yunho that he was interested.

"You are missing the point but you are nearly correct, Jae." Yunho responsed with a satisfied smile, at last, he was receiving response from Jaejoong.

Jaejoong just stared at Yunho with an interested look, waiting for more statements voiced out by Yunho. Yunho then happily opened his mouth to speak,

"The last type, instead of feeling afraid nor liking death, these people are the type who are just accepting their fate. These people are very certain, they are the ones who know when their life will end. The simplest example for these people are whom suffering from terminal illness, especially cancer. These people are already immuned to sadness, who are facing their fate bravely and fighting their weakness strongly. Yet I know, these people are the strong one as instead of giving up to their precious life, they accept the fate and continue to move on. I am very proud of them. For me, whether if it is a fact or not, but 'knowing that you only have some months to live' ismuch more better than 'worrying about when your life will end'. Why? Because you can prepare yourself for it, spend the last moments of your life to do something valuable, and try to do something that will make people remember you until the last of their breath. This is actually not the only benefit that these people will get but their families and friends would clearly always be there for them, never even a second they would miss. Because why? Because they know, everyone knows that the most person they love would leave them sooner. Therefore, they would spend their last moments together while forgiving each other, making memories that would be never forgotten, fix what they are lacking at and lastly, do or say the things nor words that they could not express before. Because in this situation keeping secret is no longer an option of both parties. Therefore, these type of people think dying as the main thing that would give them benefit as they would receive the main four factors of happiness which are ; support, love, affection and attention. I don't care if no one agrees with me but all the things that I have just said could be see clearly as true, excepted when one circumstance might changes all things. Don't you agree with me, Jae? If I have been given more time, actually, there are a lot about death that most people don't know. That only the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter