Unknown Caller

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong started this day as a normal one, well, nothing was going to happen. And if it would, Jaejoong was sure that it won't worth to be called as an 'interesting' event. For so long time Jaejoong had worked with Yunho, he had been given his income just yesterday. Jaejoong was more than satisfied with it.

Jaejoong strolled down the hill and upon approaching the huge villa where the old woman was working as a servant there, he decided to stop over just to greet. Jaejoong leaned his chest forward on the fence before him, scanning the whole area in the search of the friendly old woman. Among other neighbours he had, this old woman was the most amicable company. Jaejoong wondered where the old woman was. He looked at the garden where bushes of rose and orchid could be found being planted on the grass or vases, and arranged perfectly forming into certain patterns. However, the old woman was nowhere to be seen. Jaejoong was sure that he departed from home on the same time the old woman would water the plants and swept the lawn. Jaejoong wondered where she could be. It took Jaejoong some seconds to notice that there was chrome KIA OPTIMA being parked under the garage. Now Jaejoong was certain that the old woman was busy and won't be outside for so long as the rich family had come back home from their trip. Jaejoong just smiled and continued his journey while saying, "Everyone is busy, and so will I."

Humming to a song that kept on playing in his mind as if his mind was a radio itself, Jaejoong could not feel the time duration taken for his moderate journey from his house to his working place, Yunho's bookstore. Working in a bookstore was not a professional career for Jaejoong, and that he was majored in Psychology, but he didn't aim for a better job. Whatever that comforted him that would do.

Jaejoong stood tall before the door of the bookstore entrance, only once again surprised to see that the bookstore was closed for the day. And that Yunho didn't mention about it to him before. Jaejoong was a little bit disappointed. He never wished to do nothing at home and called it as a day.

"Like I say, Sunday is a special day. The store is closed." a voice, that Jaejoong had the guarantee it was owned by Yunho, could be heard from behind.

Jaejoong turned around and saw Yunho who was drenched with rolling sweats on his neck and smiled.

"You never inform me about it." Jaejoong remarked.

"Did I? I am sorry then, but I suppose you would know it already." Yunho said as he chuckled and wiped the sweats with a white towel that was hung around his neck like a scarf.

"Morning jogging?" Jaejoong questioned, ignoring the previous mentioned topic. Yunho nodded, "Good for health. Have you tried before?" he asked back.

"Nope."

"Why?"

"It's boring."

"Listening to a song would give you the best company."

"Suggest me one."

"Aftertaste, by Shawn Mendes. Very energetic."

Jaejoong chuckled and watched Yunho opened the door with his specific key. Both of the men entered the store together.

"Enjoy yourself first. I need to clean myself." Yunho said as he closed the store door. Jaejoong laughed a bit, "How? There are just books." he mentioned as his eyes were scanning the bookshelves.

"I assume you have books at home too, don't you? Or you could make yourself some coffee if you want." Yunho chuckled and entered his bedroom.

Jaejoong smiled soon after the door was shut tight. Jaejoong walked slowly among the bookshelves as he read the titles of the books as he passed them. Or he might found an attracting one and stopped just to read its description at the back, or might be just being amazed at the graphic of the cover page. Sometimes the title of a book might be the factor for it to be an attention-trapper, in Jaejoong's opinion though.

Jaejoong was so deeply immersed in the story that he was reading, a story about a woman who was badly humiliated and that no one was at her side, and the society kept on letting her down and down, but she still stood tall, and was willing to fight everyone, which led her into a serial killer. It was not a matter of collecting sins, but it was for revenge. Jaejoong weirdly found that he was attracted to it.

"I am sorry for taking minutes." Yunho who was coming out from his room apologized. Jaejoong smiled as he placed the books and turned to look at Yunho. A simple but quite smart-looking blue hoodie with black jeans were what Yunho wore. Jaejoong spotted that Yunho wore his new shoes, obviously could be seen from how clean they were. Jaejoong even smelled the lavender perfume Yunho had.

"Are you free now, Jae?" Yunho asked as he arranged some things on his table.

Jaejoong nodded, "Yeah. Have any plan?" he questioned back.

"Let's go to the beach. The weather seems so welcoming." Yunho replied with an assuring smile.

Jaejoong lifted his eyebrow with a blink, "But I thought you are taking me for a jog." he remarked.

"Why so?"

"Your shoes, hoodie and-"

"Jeans? Sporting with jeans? That's the last thing I would do, Jae."

"So, why are you so smart-looking while we are just spending time at the beach?"

"My Boojae, I will never ever wear low standard clothes while I am having a date with my boyfriend." And Jaejoong blushed hard. He didn't even expect for Yunho to take him in a date.

 

The journey to the beach for Yunho and Jaejoong was accompanied by a car. Yunho who was driving on the driver seat smiled from ear to ear as he watched Jaejoong who was humming to the song played on the radio. It was a classic song that was known by its touching and meaningful lyrics. This song was a great company for us in the afternoon, sitting on the couch while outside was drizzling. Yunho enjoyed watching his beloved Jaejoong. For him, Jaejoong was naturally an angel being sent down just for him to own, and that he was thinking that Jaejoong was another definition of miracle, love and blissdom. If it was a dream land, Yunho would never wake up from his sleep, being a sleeping charming instead of a sleeping beauty, or if both Yunho and Jaejoong were sent to a new sphere, with none other living on it, Yunho would spend his life with Jaejoong for eternity. 

"Is it fun?" Jaejoong suddenly asked with a knowing smile on his red lips. Yunho received back his own sense and focused on the road, trying to maintain a stable side of the car. "What fun?" Yunho asked back, focusing on the car in front.

"You keep on staring at me just now, added with a creepy smile of yours." Jaejoong spoke.

Yunho chuckled, "Creepy smile? How can that explain the feeling I have when I stared at you before?" he laughed.

"I mean it, very creepy."

"I don't resemble a ghost."

"Then why did you smile? Looking at me with a smile make you look kind of strange."

"Even the children of these days will say that your statement is having no logical sense, Jae."

"Why so? It's true though."

"I was looking at the angel of my life; of course a smile would be formed on my lips."

And for this, Jaejoong gave up as flames of burning feeling could be sensed on both of his smooth cheeks. Yunho smiled of satisfaction and continued humming to the classic song played. Starting from this moment, only silence was the king that ruled the atmosphere, but love was flying here and there. Yunho quietly moved his hand toward Jaejoong's and held it tight. Jaejoong smiled and looked outside the window, shy. Yunho with eyes fixed on the road started to play with Jaejoong's fingers, as if they were having a fingers-wrestling. At first, the play was just a romance activity but it was getting more serious. Both of the men wanted to win in this fingers-wrestling. Without looking to his hand, Jaejoong moved his thumb in a rapid speed while clenching his other fingers tight with Yunho's. Yunho just let Jaejoong enjoyed this moment, but he never said he would let him win. As Jaejoong could sense that he was having the opportunity to hit Yunho's thumb with his, this chance was stolen as Yunho did it first. Yunho slammed Jaejoong's thumb with his tightly that Jaejoong could not move nor let out his thumb under Yunho's. Yunho won.

"I win." Yunho said and smiled as he looked at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong frowned, "But that's not fair." he complained.

Instead of saying a word, Yunho just winked at Jaejoong. This just made Jaejoong went out gloomy and folded both of his hands against his tight chest.

"Now don't say that I am a mean one." Yunho spoke, followed by a chuckle at the end. Jaejoong just rolled his eyes and looked outside the window, trying to ignore Yunho's stare at him. All Yunho's words came in and out from his ears. Yunho just smiled.

“I love you, Jaejoong.” he spoke.

Jaejoong gasped and blushed hard; his chee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter