Falling Leaves

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright but please give him his medications on time.” the doctor mentioned. “Also, it is better if he sits on the wheelchair though he can walk. That will help a bit.”

Jaejoong nodded to the doctor’s words and pulled a wheelchair among the others. He bowed to the doctor before he pulled the wheelchair to where Yunho’s ward room was located. During the walk he had alone inside the corridor, he passed the other ward rooms and watched other patients spending their time with their families, and he wondered why he must face this miserable life. It might be just a test given for him to check whether he could survive or not, or it might be his fate and destiny, though it was very cruel and brutal, so fatalistic could be said. This was not the life and love he had wished for, this was not even a happy one. He was confused why must it be this painful and what had he done before to deserve this eternal suffering. He just kept on asking to himself because he knew there was no one that would be able to answer his questions, to listen to his crying, to say that everything was going to be at least okay. Yunho though, said that it was okay, but he himself was not so Jaejoong could not even trust him, that the word ‘Okay’ never existed in his world. Jaejoong just wondered why.

 

“I can walk though.” Yunho who was sitting on his bed protested with a chuckle as he saw Jaejoong entering his ward room while pushing the wheelchair ahead of him. “It is not that I am paralyzed.”

Jaejoong smiled as he stopped the wheelchair beside Yunho.

“The doctor says it is better.” Jaejoong explained. “Come on, sit on it.”

Yunho chuckled and stood up slowly. He looked outside through the huge window. The green curtain was flowing in a slow motion as the air-conditioner sprayed its cold air to the atmosphere inside the room. Jaejoong smiled as he looked at the curtain too and approached it. He without saying anything pulled the curtain to each side of the huge window, allowing the sunlight to pass through the transparent glass.

“Do you like it this way?” Jaejoong asked as he looked at Yunho who was smiling and nodding.

“Very much.” Yunho replied with an assuring smile.

Jaejoong grinned and walked back to the wheelchair and motioned Yunho to come over with his finger.

“Come and sit.” he said while gesturing his head to the wheelchair as he looked at Yunho. Yunho smiled and looked down at his clothes.

“Do you think my silver T-shirt with pants suit well with wheelchair?” he said, still trying not to be asked to sit on the wheelchair.

Jaejoong chuckled, “Even if you are you still have to sit on this wheelchair.” he answered.

Yunho raised his eyebrow with a chuckle, “Do you like it that way, Jae? I will open my clothes now then.” he said and pretended to pull up his shirt.

Jaejoong widened his eyes and gasped then quickly turned away as he blushed way too hard.

“No! Don’t do that! That is very disrespectful!” He said out loud and bit his lower lips hard.

Yunho just laughed softly and approached the wheelchair, sitting on it and leaned his back against the seat comfortably. Jaejoong who was still blushing reached for the wheelchair handle and pushed it slowly yet carefully out of the ward room. Yunho was more than happy in this moment. In the corridor, the men were passing many people from many other ward rooms and this time, Yunho let out all of his happiness very loud.

“My Boojae pushes  me very slow. My Boojae will get mad at me because I say he is slow. My Boojae loves to see my body. My Boojae is now shy and tries to hide from everybody. My Boojae is cute when he is angry. My Boojae is way cuter when he is angry at me. I love my Boojae.” Yunho sang out loud happily, getting attention from all of the people inside the area.

“Yahhh! Stop it!” Jaejoong who was looking down all over, trying to avoid the stares delivered by the individuals around him whispered to Yunho, telling him to stop.

“Why? You love my voice though.”

“No.”

“Why?”

“It sounds horrible.”

“That won’t make me stop.”

“Try singing more and you will never get kisses anymore.” And that was how Yunho shut his mouth immediately.

Yunho just smiled while Jaejoong was increasing his speed so that he could escape from the area as soon as possible.

“Well Jae, you will grant my wish today right?” Yunho asked.

“Yeah.” Jaejoong replied and nodded, though he knew Yunho won’t be able to see it.

“So, please take me to the beach where we had our date then.”

 

Soon arriving at the beach where they both used to spend time together, playing with romance together, Jaejoong then got out from the car and pulled out the folded wheelchair from the backseat of the car, opening it back to its original position. He then pushed the wheelchair to where Yunho was. He opened the car door for Yunho and prepared the wheelchair for him.

“I can walk though.” Yunho said as he got out from the car slowly. Jaejoong sighed as he shook his head twice.

“But still, you need to sit on this wheelchair.” he still held tight to his statement.

Yunho just chuckled as he obeyed Jaejoong’s instruction and seated himself on the wheelchair without any objection or words of disagreeing. Jaejoong beamed perkily of contentment and began to force the wheelchair frontward down to the sprinkled with sand shore. Tracks of the wheelchair on the sand could be seen following to where Jaejoong had pushed the wheelchair very slowly. There was no one around the windy area excepted for these two men. They didn’t know why but it just felt like people were starting to disappear from them as soon as this tragedy was coming. It was honestly hurting, as if the other people knew how woeful they suffered right now. Then again, they both had to bear the grief a little bit more.

“We are here, Yunho. Tell me what your wish is.” Jaejoong said as he stopped the wheelchair by the muddy sand, where the foam covered everything up. Yunho hummed to himself while thinking of his one, last wish.

“A piggyback.” Yunho finally said and smiled.

Jaejoong blinked and tilted his head, “That is the same wish as mine though. Try something else.” he complained.

Yunho shook his head, still wanting the same wish as Jaejoong did.

“No no no. Please grant my wish, Jae.” Yunho begged and moved as he looked up at Jaejoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter