Epilogue

For The Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time had passed since Jaejoong lost his one and only Yunho. It felt so short but little did Jaejoong noticed that actually 5 months had already passed. The life he had, was secretly painful. Although Jaejoong could move one from his suffering but he admitted that the wound was still there, haunting him. However, life seemed to be having a blossom at its peak. Jaejoong finally achieved his life goal, becoming a psychologist. He owned a stable income, the old same house but with better looks and a brand new sport car. Once, he thought of again, opening a cafe and tried his luck but he snapped it out. Jaejoong now was having Yunho's bookstore under his name, and he had upgraded it to a new huge store that it lured attention of readers even from far away. He made Yunho's bookstore to be a well-known one and he was happy with that. Because he thought Yunho would be happy too, if he was here.

 

Jaejoong was well-loved by his neighbours. They stated that he was strong, powerful enough to survive from his long suffering and ended up to be successful at the end. The fact that he was still a single man, they said he was an ideal man for any women. Yes, he looked so perfect from the outside but a ruined, broken glass was inside. Honestly, he still felt so lonely. He never showed it to anyone anymore. When he needed to let it all out, he took wine as a company for the night. It was still hurting and his heart was still aching though no matter how many times Jaejoong tried to heal himself, he would come out weak. Jaejoong tried to go to the bar and enjoyed watching mature videos but he knew he was only for Yunho, and no one could replace him at all. Jaejoong just ended up living alone, with the mask of happiness he would show. He didn't know why but he felt that something was missing. He didn't know what it was. But he could feel it.

 

●●●●●●

It was rather a calm noon, and Jaejoong was having a walk back home from his workplace. He knew he had a car but that was for a greater journey for a greater reason. He enjoyed a simple life he assumed. And he hated traffic congestion.

 

Jaejoong walked alone on the lonely path. He passed by a white bench and he stopped. He remained silent while looking at it. Somehow he felt as if that one peculiar bench was summoning him and he felt as if he was fated to encounter it. Perhaps he was just too exhausted from working for hours, or might be it was just his another strange imagination. Yet, throwing away his boiling thoughts, Jaejoong reached for the bench and sat on it with comfort. An arching tree, huge in side was protecting this helpless man from the dim sun rays. Jaejoong folded his legs and hair behind his ear as he looked down on his briefcase. He silently opened the leather briefcase and exposed what was inside. Despite having a serious looking briefcase, Jaejoong had inside not like any business people. Just few papers regarding the problems of his patients and lists of meeting disturbing his resting days. He moved the documents to side with his fingers one by one anr soon stopping his movement when something that he was looking for was spotted; the old notebook of him.

 

Jaejoong smiled when he took out the notebook from the briefcase that was now placed on his lap. He smiled that at least he was happy a bit. This notebook was where he drew everything about Yunho and, where he put the falling leaf inside. The falling leaf he picked the day he was accompanying Yunho when he was sick, the day when Yunho talked about falling leaves would tell his presence. Jaejoong chuckled as he flipped the pages of his notebook and found the leaf he had picked up being placed neatly. He smiled when he picked it up from the notebook. He stared at it. It was once used to be fresh with grean colour but now resembling withered vines with brown as cover. The leaf was already wilted. Jaejoong smiled to himself as he played all the memories of him with Yunho inside his mind, and would repeat those he missed so much. His fingers were playing with the withered leaf and beautiful orbs staring at it nicely. This lonely Jaejoong felt suddenly happy as he recalled everything about his precious Yunho. Somehow everything felt so perfect that when Jaejoong inhaled the air he could almost feel as if he was flying. Maybe this was the best moment to fly, to taste the pleasure of flying. But that was nothing but a mere fantasy to him. Jaejoong would laugh to himself when he remembered Yunho's most funniest jokes ever cracked, or his worst dad jokes of all.

 

Suddenly, the leaf in his hand was blown away by the gentle wind. Jaejoong watched as it danced in midair in several twists and turns before finally slowly landing on the ground. The grass was also dancing rhythmically due to the breeze. The sound of dancing leaves and grass made Jaejoong to close his eyes and smiled while enjoying the nature. It made him felt so light and peacef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter