All this years (1) [Taehyung part]

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was almost one week; five days to be accurate. During these days, Taehyung had never leaved Jimin’s bedside.

“What will you do with your part-time job Taehyung?” asked Namjoon while packing his stuff. The doctor recommended them to go home and go back to their normal life. “Staying here will change nothing.” the doctor had said bluntly. He was right and Taehyung knew that too. Everyone was already gone, getting back to their life. It tastes bitterly to each one of them. Taehyung had already taken a nap, the day before, in Jimin’s bedroom. He was no longer sleeping the night. “I don’t know, and I don’t care. If they want to take them, they will do it anyway… Jimin is more important and he needs me.” he answered him while looking at Jimin and his hair from his forehead. Namjoon watched the scene with pity eyes. “Tae, you heard what the doctor said right?”. Taehyung adverted his eyes to hide his tears from Namjoon and answered him “He said that it was in his hands, Namjoon. But,… He needs me... I’m sure... And I will not leave him. No, I will never leave him.”. It was heartbreaking to see him this affected. Namjoon taped warmly Taehyung’s shoulder, a sign that he could counting on him anytime, and quickly leaved the room after.

The monitoring was regular, Jimin’s breath too and his face seems in peace. ‘It looks like he is already… dead.’. He sat more near him and went aware for one hour, about each sign or movement that could tell him that he was alive. He fell asleep on Jimin’s chest.

 

*

 

“Mister Taehyung?”

Taehyung opened his eyes, and saw a presence at his right side. It was the doctor with a nurse checking Jimin’s vital point. He lost his grip on Jimin body and excused himself. Outside, the doctor joined him just after.

“You should-” Taehyung cut him off and bowed at 90 degrees. He thought about it since he came here and Jimin’s stable condition could help him to get what he wanted.

“I’m begging you Doctor; can I stay with him during the night too?” Taehyung was asking for something impossible to allow. He wasn’t from the hospital, and wasn’t even from Jimin’s family. A refusal was the only option, but still he hoped.

“Doctor we need you for a patient!”. A nurse sweating from her running, had grabbed his coat, not letting the doctor giving his answer.

“I’m sorry… I need to go to my patient.” He leaved him in the corridor, following the nurse running. He sat, waiting in the corridor, fixing an imaginary point in front of him. A door closed. It was the nurse getting back into another patient, which means that Jimin was free and alive. He wanted to go back in the room when he noticed something.

 

A little girl was standing in the corridor waiting for someone. Taehyung paid attention to her because it’s been thirty minutes that she was there, and no one came to pick her up. He knew that it was thirty minutes because each Jimin’s check-up took exactly thirty minutes. He approached her and smiled to her. She did the same. “Your smile looks like my mom’s!” Her voice was in high-pitched indicated her age group. Three years old, maybe a bit older. Taehyung found it cute “Oh really? Thank you.”.

He then started to play with her and asked her where was her mother. “I don’t know... She is gone …”. Taehyung noticed that she was retained her tears. He tried to reassure her “Don’t worry we will found your mother. Hm...”.

He waited for her answer and understood what he was asking. “My name is Sun-Hi.” she said while brightly smiling at him while holding hands.

“Ah! You’re right, we didn’t present ourselves! Mine is Taehyung.” laughed Taehyung. This girl was younger than him but already smart.

“Oh! You have the same name that my mom’s brother!”. Taehyung got taken aback and a little surprise but his name is quite common in Korea so he rapidly forgot this and went toward the reception.

He explained the situation to the receptionist and they were lead to a waiting room. There, they waited for almost twenty minutes. “Do you think that mom forget me?” she asked her head down. Taehyung tried to comfort her with his words “No, if she came here, it’s because she had an appointment, right? “she nodded and he continued “She must be a little late but she will go get you soon.” The little girl smiled and he smiled too.

They heard voice outside the room. It was a woman voice who was completely panicked over her lost children. ‘It must be her mother.’ She jumped from a seat and said to him “Ah, that’s my mom voice!” and shouted in the room “Mommy, I’m here !!!”.

The door opened and Taehyung almost fell. His eyes were playing tricks, this woman couldn’t be the person he was searching for years, in front of him. The person was frozen in front of him, her hand hiding . “Tae- Tae-Tae-” she kept repeating this sentence while sobbing. She finally decided to move and put him in a hug. He became numb, his brain was shut down, his breathing irregular. Even in his dream, he couldn’t imagine seeing her again in the flesh. All his life, he had her in his head, and today she was here in his arm. No, Taehyung couldn’t be happier than this. He finally let a word which took him all his energy “Yuna…”. She nodded and answered him “I’m here Taehyung. You’re not alone anymore. I love you. I love you so much.” which made realize to Taehyung that it was real. He realized that he was crying too but it wasn’t important…. he had finally found his sister.

 

When they stop the hug, Taehyung almost thought that he was seeing his mother. “You look like mom…” he stated a weak smile on his face. She only whispered “Yes, I know…” still shaken up by their reunion.

They heard sob from the corner of the room. Taehyung didn’t know the man but could recognize it who it was

Please log in to read the full chapter