We should support each other, right?

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today was finally the day of the departure. It was a bright day with a kind breeze announced during the afternoon. Jimin had been counting the days since Jin’s proposition. He was so excited to go on trip with them, that he couldn’t stop smiling while eating his breakfast this morning. This morning he only drank a cup of chocolate milk, not that he was not hungry, but more because he didn’t hear his alarm. He arrived at Namjoon’s house with thirty minutes after the appointment. In fact, he was late. He stopped by a French bakery and bought two cake, a chocolate one and he choose an apple taste for Jin. He hate being a burden for anyone, so he wanted to at least apologize to them. He saw far away Jin waving at him with a big smile and Namjoon, stayed in the background, who seemed angry.

Jin kept jumping and when Jimin became more close to him, he ran and tightly hug him.

“Ouch, Hyung!” shouted Jimin, a little embarrassed.

“Ah! I’m sorry Jimin. I’m so happy that you come with us. I thought that you didn’t wanted to come with us anymore. But now you’re here, so let’s go!!!!” said happily Jin. Jimin jovially smiled. He gave their cakes to Jin and Namjoon. Jin, cheerfully accepted, which was not the case for Namjoon. Jimin was right about his first impression; Namjoon was angry. Jimin lost his smile and stared Namjoon with a pleading look.

“You’re late Jimin.” Namjoon was cold and firm. He has crossed his arm and his voice sounded almost frightening. His sharping stare made Jimin lowering his face a little. In this situation, he had the habit to keep a low profile. Jimin was the type of guy to deal with argument by shutting himself. Crying was not his thing, which afraid his mother when he still lived with her. Not releasing his feelings is known as bad for multiple reasons that Jimin has already experienced in his past.

“Stop it, Namjoon!” Jimin shivered at Jin’s voice. The situation became quite serious because of him. Now he was guilty for all this happened. Jin Jimin’s hair and pulled him into the car with him.

“Don’t get touched by this…. Something has happened and his nerves are weak… I apologize in Namjoon’s name... I’m sorry Jimin.” Jin then pulled Jimin in a hug who didn’t react. During the drive, Jimin was in his thoughts while watching the view. Trees and tiny houses kept appearing on the road, which remind him of his hometown. Jimin was gloomy, so all the bad memories kept coming in his head. At one point, he got tired of this and decided to sleep. When he opened his eyes, he was laid down on a green pasture. He could feel the wind gently ruffles his hair. Then, a black butterfly flew around him. Jimin got intrigued and follow him with his eyes. He turned to the left, to keep following it and didn’t expect this scene. A hundred of black butterfly were flying around another person. This person, Jimin didn’t know yet who it was, but he was laid next to him. He didn’t get afraid and could only see the back of the stranger. While examined his features, he felt like he had already seen this person. ‘Busan? Seoul?’ He had his mind disturbed by thoughts again. He spoke higher than he thought and startled the stranger by saying “Who are you?”. Everything stop, the butterfly, the wind; even Jimin stop breathing. The World start spinning again when the stranger quietly opened his mouth.

He could only hear a weak “I’m-” before Namjoon wakes him up from his dream by touching his shoulder while saying his name next to him: “Jimin…… Jimin! Jimin, are you okay? We arrived.”. Jimin was still deep in his thoughts and didn’t responded to Namjoon’s question: “……. Is it because of before? ......Is it because of me, that you don’t answer me? I… I…” He got snap from his thoughts when he saw Namjoon crying with his hands on his face. It was the first time that Jimin saw Namjoon crying and it was sadly because of him.

“Hyung!! Don’t cry I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to be rude... I was just thinking about something…. Please don’t misunderstand me!” voiced Jimin panicked.

“I’m sorry…. I’m sorry… I get it but, I’m sorry for this morning.” said Namjoon while wiping his tears. Jimin put him a hug “I will never make you sad Hyung! Trust me…” stated Jimin.

“…. I trust you then.” answered a weak Namjoon.

Out of the car, Jin tightly hold in his arm Jimin and then Namjoon for a hug.

“Let’s have fun, guys!! I don’t want to see anyone crying ok?” whispered Jin when he was hugging them. In which, they responded together: “Yes!”.

They went to a restaurant which was American this time. It was Namjoon who really wanted to try it, and they finally accepted after ten minutes of his complaining. The employee was all dressed like cowboys that we see in the movie only. When they received their orders, two employees came and sing them a “happy meal” in English. Jimin, Namjoon and Jin all laughed together. The meal finished, they went out the restaurant and Jin started suddenly laugh.

“What’s wrong Jin?” asked Namjoon.

“Nothing... It’s just… I mean… I didn’t expect them to sing us a “happy meal”!!” responded Jin half laughing.

“It’s true that I was a little surprise too.” stated Jimin while trying to hide his smile with his hands.

“Yeah… I was surprised too!! But it was funny.” spoke Namjoon with a smirk.

After this, they went around the city to look over the shop they have chosen few weeks ago. Namjoon wanted to buy a coat, Jin some local food and Jimin some typical jewelry from this city. Brought, the night was coming and they decided at the last minute to camp in a clearing which was situated thirty minutes from the city. The true story behind this was that Namjoon forgot to pay the hotel, and they had nowhere to sleep now.

During the driving, Jin were humming a popular song and Jimin noticed that Namjoon were lost in his thought. He was fully concentrated on the road, and only show him a weak smile when he was playing with his hair.

‘I remember Jin saying that something has happened but what exactly… I’ve never saw him like this….’

Arrived at the clearing, and decided a few minutes ago, everyone had a task to accomplished. Jin would oversee building the tent, Jimin to make the fire and Namjoon to… sit. Jin didn’t let Namjoon touching anything because he was too afraid that he broke something or hurt himself.

They sat together in a circle with their blanket on them and finally decided to lay down. There, a multitude of stars were shining and let the guys speechless.

Please log in to read the full chapter