Our place brimful of Iris

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tae came back in Jimin’s room. He immediately laid down on his bed and paid attention to his heartbeat. It was irregular and weak this time.

Today, Jimin had emerged. He had feel Taehyung breath on his chest. His soft hair on it too. His strong arm around his body. He could feel everything. It was a moment where he was sleeping, not dreaming. In his dream, he was by himself. No one were there to welcome him. He had already heard about the afterlife, so he was pretty sure to be still alive despite not being able to do anything. He thought about his parents’ reaction and convinced himself to fight. They had suffered so much, that he could do that to them. He was not deeply hurt but he could feel his body weak. A slight feeling of fear travelled him, maybe he will never wake up. Maybe he will stay in this state, between being awake and deeply sleeping, all his life.

 

Taehyung woke up in jump. He was sleeping near Jimin’s bed; the nurse had given him another bed with sheet. He put his ears near Jimin’s heart and gasped. His heart was inaudible almost stopped. He tried to calm himself and took several breathes. He firmly took Jimin hand and notice that his heartbeat was slowly increasing. Jimin was reacting to Taehyung. He observed each of his feature and decided to reveal his feelings. This time properly, watching Jimin and weighting all his words. He knew that at the end of his speech, he could either save him or lose him definitely.

 

“You’re like a flower.” Dressed in white, Jimin opened his eyes, and was laid down on a pattern of flowers. He then heard a far-off voice “A flower who took some time before blossoming fully.” He couldn’t move and was desperately searching for the voice who was becoming weaker. He noticed the purple color of these flowers. They were called Iris and was surrounded by them. They were in charge to guide a person to the Heaven. That was their duty. “I was too impatient. And let you think that I didn’t love you anymore.” ‘Taehyung?’ He could think again. “I stamp on you.” His heart immediatly suffered. He wondered what was happening right now. 'Am I dying?' It seems like every sentence was connected to his dream. “I’m sorry.” There, he breathed. He breathed for the first time, since he started being in this dream. “I would like you to come back.” The voice became suddenly close to his ear. “So, we can live happily.” He could feel each muscles his body. “Because…” He tried to move. “We deserved to live happily, Jimin.” He stood up on his two feet, a black butterfly1 surrounded him.

At the end of this dream, his clothes were fully colored. He could move, breath, think… He could live.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

 

“You’re right. We should embrace the life.” Jimin has woken up. Taehyung broke down, while Jimin attended to softly touching his cheek. He fell down and cried on Jimin chest. He was saying his apologize repeatedly.

Taehyung couldn’t believe what happened. His words had been transcript in his dream. His love has finally reached him. Jimin was his hair and that was the best feeling in the World. He knew that Jimin had accepted him.

He had save him.

 

*

 

Early in the morning, someone came. It was Jin.

Jin saw the message, on the chatroom too, so he immediately went there. He knew the driver so it was easy for him to be respected. During his trip, he couldn’t stop thinking about Taehyung and Jimin. He had gone through his past for Taehyung and now Jimin was dying. Taehyung could live freely but without his lover. What was the point? He felt his lips shaking and his eyes getting watered. “Can you drive faster please?”. The driver was against it first but when he saw Jin expression, broken and begging, into the rear-view mirror, he pushed on the accelerator.

 

“Jimin….” he had a running nose and shaking. He had just arrived at the hospital and ran like if his life depended on it. Before Jimin could responded something, Taehyung rushed to Jin and took him by his collar. Jin was tall but Taehyung was strong, a fight between those two could lead to something bad.

“Where were you? He could have die and you were not here! Give me a good reason to not punch you right now?” shouted violently Taehyung.

“I saw an acquaintance…to save you…” mumbled Jin, defenseless.

“What?” responded Taehyung confused and still angry.

“You’re free now. You are no longer number 6 but Kim Taehyung.” replied Jin with a bright smile.

“What…” Taehyung had understood. He was saved from his part-time. He didn’t understand how Jin could have made this miracle happened.

“I’m... free?” Taehyung seemed shock, with widen eyes. He had lost his grip, and was repeated softly those three words that he had never the chance to pronounce “I am free.” Jin took this opportunity to come near Jimin and check his state.

“Is everything ok? What happened? Jimin I thought you were dead! Don’t ever do that again!! Please I don’t want to lose you. You’re important to me, please I’m begging you…” He ended up crying on Jimin hands who watching him with warm eyes.

“I will not go anywhere, I promise.” and Jimin showed his smile which made him his eyes tiny and cute.

“Hm… Where are the other?” asked Jimin while traveling his stare. With the emotions, Taehyung had forgot to contact the others. He rushed toward the windows where his smartphone was charging and took it.

 

“[From Taehyung]

Jimin had woke up. He is fine and Jin too. 9:56 am”

 

The first to have come was Namjoon. He was panting and had tears in his eyes. Jin got taken aback and became blank. He didn’t say anything and stared at him. One week that they didn't saw each other and both of them have been preoccupied. Namjoon passed near Jin, without a greeting or a stare, and squat close to Jimin.

“Are you okay?” asked Namjoon, having his full attention on Jimin. He opened his mouth but before he could say something, Jin free his hands. He turned his head and watched Jin stood up with a pale face.

“Hyung?” Jimin stared at him with a worried expression. Something wasn’t right. “I need some fresh air, don’t worry Jimin.” he smiled and leaved the room. Taehyung followed Jin which reassured him.

When Jimin put his stare on Namjoon, he was wearing a hurt look.

“Is it because of me, Namjoon? Did I ruin everything?”

Namj

Please log in to read the full chapter