All this years (2) [Jin part]

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been two years that they didn’t see each other. Jin and Dong-Soo.

When Jin entered inside the mansion, nothing changed or moved. Everything was at the same place; like if he never leaved. He rediscovered the same familiar smell that made him thought ‘I’m at home.’ long time ago.

“Welcome back, Mister Seokjin. Mister Dong-Soo will receive you in the salon at the end of his appointment.” said the maid who seemed quite surprised to see him. It made him feel weird to be called that politely; he was used to “Jin” now and sometimes he even allowed to drop the “Hyung” honorific. He answered to the maid with a smile and went into the living room. ‘Always fancy…’ Jin sighed while thinking and traveling his eyes on the expensive painting. He hated fancy stuff, he knew that the cough where he will sit could buy him easily a restaurant for himself. He went to served himself a cup of tea but the maid rushed to do it at his place ‘I hate it….’ He sat on the cough and waited. Suddenly, he heard the door opening and close just after with a strong sound. The maid welcomed the person which was coming in the living room. Jin could sense his pulse becoming irregular, two years had passed since they divorced. He had never contacted him and promise to never contact him in any circumstance.

“You finally come back, Honey~”

Here, he was sitting in the living room, facing the man that destroyed every part of his soul. Jin had all his anger coming back and calmed himself by sighing. Respond would lead him to nowhere plus, his aid was precious.

“I saw that you didn’t change anything in the Mansion… A financial problem?” he asked like if he was spitting venin.

“No, everything is all right. Thank you for your concern.” Dong-Soo responded with a fake smile.

The tension was palpable. Jin didn’t get over his abandonment. His wounds were still fully open. Even his relationship with Namjoon didn’t correctly heal it. When he moved in with Namjoon, he at first hide his situation. Being a divorce man at such a young age, was a shame to him. His family told him to come back home, but he refused. He did his best to carry on his life and pursue his dream. He was afraid that Namjoon would throw him, as soon as he will reveal his past. Eventually, Namjoon engage the conversation about it and they talked a lot. They talked during an entire night, revealing each moment of their past. The morning, they didn’t go outside and passed a cuddle day.

 

For Dong-Soo, the reality was other wises. Since Jin departure, he had been lonely. He didn’t change anything in the house because he could only live like if Jin had never gone.

 

“You chose, it’s her or me.” asked Jin, his suitcase containing all his affair, in his right hands. His stare was strong but Jin in the verge of tears. He was mentally tired about his relationship, and his mother-in-low wasn’t settling anything. Actually, she was the problem.

“Her” he had responded to Jin who was now wearing her broken look. He had chosen his mother over Jin. She was manipulative, and had always pushed her desires into him. She had never say “I love you” to him, and affection publicly shown was prohibited. She only done that in public when the camera was flashing her. He had chosen her too because, she is enough powerful to destroy Jin and his family. But, this is something that Jin will never know. Dong-Soo will live with this secret until the end. He promised this to himself.

 

“I came here, because I need you to save one of my friend.” declared Jin.

Dong-Soo laughed and stare at Jin. “You’re the second person in the month who ask me help. You’re also the second person who came back from nowhere to come see me.”

Jin frowned his eyebrows and asked, “Are you talking about Jay?”. Jay was the only person who could still come here. Jay was Dong-Soo’s big brother. Jin had lost contact with him a few moments after they got married, and has always wondered what he had done with his life. Unlike Dong-Soo, he had gone strongly against his mother, which result him to be erase from the will and testament. He may not have any support but he was happy and above all, free.

“Yes, he asked me to help his friend. He works at a bar and his name is Taehyung, if I correctly remember.” Jin tried to not spill his tea when he heard Taehyung’s name. ‘How in Earth Jay knows Taehyung?’ Jin wiped himself with a tissue as soft as silk and faced him. His look was determined and asked directly his request “Taehyung. Help him please. I came here for him too.” Jin saw that he wasn’t answering so he continued with a low voice “Please Dong-Soo…” He was truly his only solution and seeing Taehyung every day dying a little was unbearable to witness.

He cleared his throat and answered him “I accept but you’ll have to stay with me during the process.” Jin jump from surprise. “Stay with you? I can’t I have a work and-”. He cut him and spoke “You work in a restaurant, right? I know pretty everyone here. Don’t worry, you’ll not lose your job, I’ll make a call.”

Jin didn’t know what to say and thought about Namjoon. He went outside this morning without saying anything and said in an insecure tone “Can I at least make a call to Namjoon?”. Dong-Soo watched him with a cold stare and answered, “If you really want to save your friend, you know what to do.” Jin stood up and took his smartphone from his pocket. He switched it off and put it slowly on the table. He then faced Dong-Soo and with a defeated voice declared, “I’m all yours.”

 

*

 

Six days passed before Dong-Soo announced to Jin that his friend was saved.

“Your friend is safe now. I also paid all his debts so he can concentrate on his life. We can stop acting too.” Jin sighed in relief and felt a weight being lifted from his shoulder. These six days wasn’t like he imagined. He thought that Dong-Soo will take advantage to him but nothing happened.

Please log in to read the full chapter