A new start

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You are a burden to us….”

Jimin woke up. Sight… It’s been a long time that Jimin didn’t dream about it. About his past. If you ask him how was his past; he will surely answer you that it was “dark and lifeless”.

Some hot chocolate and bread. That was his breakfast for this morning. He already missed his mom cooking skills. He had to be at the University at 9:30 am, for the start of the school year. He leaved the room at 9:00 am and be cautious to closed the door. In fact, it was the first time in his life, that he was living by himself. He left Busan, his family, his friends, and his past behind him, for Seoul. Seoul, the capital of South of Korea, where everything was possible. A city, who will change him for the best… That’s what he wanted and hoped for.

He enjoyed his time alone and walked slowly. He appreciated every featuring of this city. From its impressive building to its tiny shop which didn’t lost their charm. At the corner of the road, he saw a dog. He didn’t have a collar and was lying on the street.

Jimin stopped walking and approached him. He saw the black birth mark on his tiny head and thought that it was cute. ‘You look hungry, little cutie….’ Jimin disappeared from the street to reappeared 10 minutes later with dog food. He opened the bag and put it near the dog. He then opened a bottle of water and placed near him. The dog was first afraid, but ended up eating what Jimin gave him.

“Eat well, gain weight and find a family!” said Jimin to the stray dog while petting him. He wrote a kind message on a paper and leaved it near the dog. He then left the poor dog on the street, hoping that someone will saw his paper and take care of him.

힘센 University. He arrived there a few minutes before his courses start. Jimin was a bit lost in this big building, full of new faces and room. He found the room with the help of senior student and went in.

‘Your new life start now Jimin!’ He placed in front of the class and stayed quiet. He didn’t know what to do. Amazed by this new environment, he didn’t pay attention to the guy next to him while talking to him.

“Can I sit here?”

Jimin lifted his head to see a handsome guy talking to him. He was tall and had a good style. His hair was slightly bleached which surprised Jimin.

“Yes... You can.” he mumbled.

“Thanks!” said the stranger while sitting.

Jimin got nervous right away.  The stranger turned his head and started talking to Jimin.

“So… ready for this new year?

-Me?

-Yes, you!

-Ah sorry. Hm, yes!

-What’s your name?

-Park Jimin and you?

-Namjoon. Kim Namjoon.

-Nice to meet you Kim Namjoon.

-Same. I hope that we will be good friends from now on.”

 

Namjoon’s point of view

Today was my first day in University. With my intellectual skill, my parents surely wanted me to go higher than this. Unfortunately, it’s not something that they can decide anymore; not because of me, but because of something else…

Handsome. That’s the first word that came in my head when I saw him. To be honest, I saw him from the entrance. He was literally glowing before. I was lost and just loose the indication that someone gave me a few minutes before. I saw him asking directions and his smile at the end caught my eyes. When I came near him during the first class, he was lost in his thought, I think? It was kind of cute when he got nervous too. My first contact with him, or should I say second, was weird but funny to me. The only thing that I know is his name: Park Jimin.

Now that I think about it, he reminds me of something: A mochi.

End of Namjoon’s point of view

 

The Director of their major interrupted their conversation. Everyone stand up and bowed at him. The classroom became quickly silent. He opened the mic and started his speech to the audience.

“Welcome in Seoul and welcome in our beautiful University. You are all from a different background. Here, you are all the same. Expand your view and explore what the World offer to you. Don’t b

Please log in to read the full chapter