Turning point

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

A sunny afternoon in Seoul. Near a building of a producing company, were standing a boy with stars in his eyes. It was almost one year that he came in Seoul by himself and many things had happened since then. He even tasted to death. It was sure a scary experience but everyone was here for him. Now, everything was clear between them, no more lies or worries; they said every little thing to each other.

Jimin smiled and walked into BigHeal building. The place has changed a little bit and seemed more comfortable. The secretary had change too, he hadn’t recognized her when she came welcoming him.

“Hello, did you have appointment?” she asked in her suit. She was smaller than him yet he was impressed by her presence.

“I’m Park Jimin, I had an appointment with PDnim.” he said with his dry throat.

The secretary went to her assistant, ordering to check in her files and came back; with a glass of fresh water on her hands.

“You can go upstairs, he will call you when he will be available.” she declared to Jimin, while offering the glass.

“Thank you.”. He bowed and went upstairs while drinking... Each step of a stairs climbed up was a step further to his dream. He sat and waited in the waiting room. He was thinking about how Namjoon was strong last time. Jimin was completely panicked while Namjoon didn’t show any emotion.

The door opened after ten minutes. The same man came and welcomed him. “Hello, Park Jimin. I knew that you will come back.” Jimin stayed speechless and following the him in his room. His room was spacious and well ordered. He noticed a slight smell of flowers and turned around to see where it was coming from. There, he saw a pink letter standing on a desk surrounded by flowers.

“You can sit down Jimin.” Jimin got his sense on, and got tensed. The question started right away.

“If your friend Namjoon had gone to the other company, will you still be there?” Jimin thought for a moment and responded. He never had an interview in his entire life. It has always been the boss who were coming toward him in Busan. It was a new experience and he decided to go with the flow.

“Hm… I don’t know. At first, I’ll say yes but now I’ll say no. We all have a different life despite our bonds so, I’ll succeed my way and him, his way.”

The man nodded his head in approval.

“That’s great, I don’t want robot, I want people who have a story. Difficult or joyful, it doesn’t matter. Can you tell me more?”

There, the interview became warmer. PDnim was smiling and Jimin was comfortable. He was saying silly things like his favorite dishes, his friends, how he discovered music and what make him like it so much. Lastly, he talks about his friends. A lot. Jimin didn’t noticed but it took almost the half of the interview. He had so many things to talk about this, that he didn’t pay attention to the clock; 45 minutes had passed. Jimin apologized for his behavior and PDnim responded with an evasive answer “It’s ok. Hm... We will end here anyway. I have all I wanted.” ‘Did I screw?’ They shook hands and Jimin leaved the building. If he had turned at the left road, he would have seen Hoseok taking the exact opposite of his walk to come into BigHeal building.

 

Hoseok’s audition

 

He was walking faster than usual and panting a little. He didn’t wake up at his alarm and slept for three more hours. When he saw the clock, he quickly showered and put some clothes on before walking rapidly. Now, he was sweating, while craving desperately for water. The secretary came with a towel, and a smile at her corner “It’s for you. Pdnim had just finish with the previous candidate so drink a little, wipe your sweat and go see him, all right?” She was kind and helpful, which calmed down a little Hoseok. He did what she told him and went upstairs. There, the door was half opened, so he knocked at the door waiting for an answer. ‘I hope that I didn’t upset him.’.

“You can enter.” This answer reassured him, and his heart allowed himself to beat again.

“Hello I’m Jung Hoseok. I’m sorry for being late… and sweaty.” he then laughed. The man laughed at little too and they sit at his desk.

“So Hoseok… You’re already quite famous in the industry.”

“Me? Famous?” Hoseok knew that he had made a name in the underground dancing, but never he has thought that it will come to a boss of an entertainment company.

“When my secretary told me your name, I was quite surprised. I thought that you were the kind of person who will chase after money, but today you are here in front of me. So why? Who is Jung Hoseok?”

Hoseok saw this as a tricky question, should he tell his story or not? He thought a little and remembered that her mother had always told him to be real and people will help him to achieve his dream.

“Good for you! I’m here to tell you the real me.”

 

**

 

Please log in to read the full chapter