Picking up the pieces

My best years
Please log in to read the full chapter

.

.

.

“Min… Yoongi?”

Neither of them was expected to see each other. They were standing at two meters from each other, expecting who will say the first word, do the first movement. Min Yoongi rapidly scratched the back of his head from nervousness, he was not good with interactions. Jimin noticed his anxiety and decided to make the first move.

“It’s been a long time ! How have you been since then?” spoke Jimin showing a soft smile.

“Good.” answered stiffly Yoongi. Jimin was kind and innocent with him. Even Yoongi could see that. But his personality and experience, build a solid shield around himself, which gave him an unsympathetic look to anyone who doesn’t know him.

“Are you always that cold?” asked Jimin. He didn’t remember in his memories this aspect of his personality. He saw him as a shy boy who still had to progress in basketball.

“Yes.” Yoongi wanted to say that he was just a little uncomfortable right now and that it was his way to interact; unfortunately, he wasn’t in mood to explain everything about his actions. The mixtape he was working on, didn’t turned well according to him, even if another person said the contrary. He turned his back and closed the shop. “You should go home, it’s dangerous to be outside at this hour.” told him Yoongi before leaving him in the street. Jimin didn’t move for a second, staring at him leaving, and snapped back at the reality when he saw that he was trembling from the cold ‘This guy is sure odd AND cold… almost interesting.' He walked back home and threw himself on the bed before sleeping immediately.

The following weeks, he returned at his routine. Lunch with Namjoon and meeting at the night with Jin in their house sometimes. But some details changed from before. Now, their subject was all turned around Taehyung situation. No one had news from him. Jimin checked on him the first day by stopping at his apartment and did the same things over again. He entered and saw the apartment in a bad way, nothing was cleaned and sometimes, meals were not fully eaten. That was only the beginning. With the days moving, the situation was worse. Now clothes were embellished the floor, bottle of alcohol on the table and a strong smell of cigarettes floated in the air. Jimin couldn’t believing that, what he was seeing in front of his eyes, was where Taehyung lived. Was he coming back home? He already went in two days straight and nothing moved from the meal to the clothes, nothing. One day, he came with Namjoon and Jin. Jin had taken a day off for the occasion and accompanied them “The more we are, the better it is.” he said. When Jimin opened the door, they shared the same desolate expressions; nothing changed from last time. They cleaned the apartment and Jimin went in Taehyung bedroom while Namjoon and Jin went to do the laundry. The room was bright with the sun warming it. Everything was neat; no smell, clothes, alcohol, or anything odd. ‘Maybe he does come back here finally…’ There was some paper on the desk where draw was sketched. He took a closer look and recognized the girl from the picture hanged in the living room, except that she was a little older and comforting a little boy crying. ‘Is the little boy Taehyung?’ On another paper, the girl was now a woman brightly smiling with a man while the boy was at the back trying to catch them. The following paper showed the same thing, the woman being brighter and happier while the boy, now man, was fallen deeper in the dark. The last sketch was not finished but it caught his attention. The woman was on her knee, crying for someone or something, the draw was not fully done yet. This last scene, made perplexed Jimin. Was she crying because of Taehyung? Did he do something? Or was it about something else? He turned the paper around and saw the scripture below.

 

“You, the sun who helped me,

To bloom despite the frightening foul weather.

Come back and give me the key

Able to stop me from dreaming harder.

 

I, the flower transformed into a man,

Asking nothing but your warming entity;

Will I be able to see you,

Before the impetuous sky take me?

Please log in to read the full chapter