Chapter 8

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun rays that crept inside the room through the window landed on Donghae’s face, waking him up from his deep slumber. Rubbing his eyes and yawning, he then glanced at the clock to see it was already 8:30 a.m. He got off the bed and did his morning routine before heading out of his room.

“Omma...”

Donghae immediately stopped in his tracks upon hearing that. And then he heard it again.

“Omma...Don’t go...”

He turned his head towards the direction of the voice and his eyes ended up landing on the room where Hana stayed in. His brows slightly furrowed as he slowly approached the room as the soft, muffled voice kept filling the atmosphere, repeating the same word ‘omma’ many times. Once he stood before the door of the room, the voice became clearer and louder and it became more obvious that the voice was Hana’s. He slowly reached for the doorknob and opened the door and the next thing he saw was Hana was laying on the bed, one of her arms was lifted up as if she was trying to reach out for something or rather someone as she kept calling ‘omma’. Donghae walked towards her in a rush and sat on the edge of the bed beside her.

“Hana ah, wake up.” He shook her body a little but she kept muttering ‘omma’ in return, sobbing in her sleep. “Hana ah!” he shook her body a little harder than before and that finally woke her up. She looked at the ceiling, stunned at what she had just dreamt about, then her eyes diverted to Donghae who was looking at her worriedly.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She stared at him for a few seconds before she finally nodded.

“Were you having a nightmare?” he asked again.

“I guess so,” she muttered but then her eyes widened upon realizing something. She instantly looked at the clock on the wall and her eyes widened even more upon seeing what time it was. “Omo! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to wake up late,” she said as she sprang up off the bed. “I’ll prepare for your breakfast now,” she said and was about to get off the bed when Donghae held her wrist. She stopped and looked up at him questioningly.

“It’s okay. Today’s your off day.” Donghae said.

“Really?” her eyes sparkled as a smile formed on her lips.

Donghae nodded in reply.

She sighed in relief. “Thank you, boss,” she saluted him cheerfully and Donghae chuckled at her antics.

“But you still need to make breakfast,” he said, grinning.

“Aish. Then it’s the same like I have no off-day,” she mumbled to herself, frowning a little.

“Are you complaining?” Donghae raised an eyebrow at her.

“Aniyo,” she grinned widely at him. “I’ll take a shower now,” she got off the bed and headed to the bathroom that was located inside the room.

Donghae eyed her until she closed the door and then what had happened earlier (her having a nightmare) came into his mind, making him fall in a daze. She had kept calling ‘omma’ just now and that reminded him about what she’d told him regarding her mom before. 

‘Does her smile really a smile? It’s not a fake one, right?’ he thought.

Getting out of the bathroom with only a towel around her body, she headed towards the closet where her clothes all had been put inside it when she noticed someone laying on the bed. She looked towards the direction and gasped upon seeing Donghae there (he was still in the room!!), looking at her direction as well.

“Donghae sshi, what are you doing here?!” she said in panic as she crossed her arms across her upper body in embarrassment.

“Well, I thought you’ll wear your clothes in the bathroom,” he said in a calm tone, too calm to her liking. He didn’t even make an effort to get out of the room or the least look away from her. “By the way, don’t you think you’re too small?” he added, a smirk playing on his lips.

“What small?” she asked cluelessly but then her eyes caught him staring at her chest area. Her eyes widened in horror. “You ert!” She rushed to the other side of the bed opposite from where he was laying and grabbed a pillow on the bed then directly threw it in his direction. He burst into laughter and hurriedly got off the bed, running out of the room in the middle of laughing.

“That ert, really...” she huffed. Then what he’d just said echoed in her mind which made her slowly look down at her chest. ‘Are they too small?’ she thought, puffing out her cheeks. “Aishh, whatever!” she said and headed to the closet back then grabbed her clothes before putting them on. Once she was ready, she walked out of the room, heading directly to the kitchen to make breakfast for both of them.

Since she was a little bit lazy, she only made French toasts for their late breakfast and luckily Donghae didn’t complain about it. Once the food was ready, they ate in silence.

As they were eating, suddenly the nightmare she had had a while ago replayed in her mind, and she unconsciously halted from eating and stared at the toast in a daze. 

“Omma, don’t go!” A girl cried out as she reached out a hand towards her mom while being held by her dad. She was crying as well as her mom.

Her mom tried to reach for her daughter’s hand but her dad quickly pulled the girl away from her mom.

“Omma, don’t leave me!” the girl screamed again, crying harder than before.

“Shut up! Now get in!” The girl’s dad dragged the girl into the house and closed the door before he locked it. The girl kept crying and calling out for her mom and crying harder than possible when she heard her mom’s voice behind the closed door.

“Omma will pick you up later. Wait for omma, alright?”

That was the last time she heard her mom’s voice before her dad dragged her inside her room.

The nightmare was one of the memories during her childhood. It had been a long time since she dreamed of her childhood memories that she had forgotten how her mom looked like. That was until today. The face of his mom in the dream, she noticed that it was familiar, as if she had just seen it yesterday. Suddenly the woman back in the party last night came into her mind; the woman who had her earring fall and Hana was the one who found it. The woman....kind of resembled her mom.

“Yah, why aren’t you eating?” Donghae's voice snapped her out of her trance.

“Uhh...nothing,” she replied and simply continued eating.

Donghae stared at her with a doubtful look for a while before he focused back on his food. 

“Donghae sshi, since you said today is my off day, can I go somewhere for a while?” Hana asked when they were watching television together in the living room.

“Where do you want to go?” Donghae asked after he broke his gaze from the television and looked at her.

“I want to go to the café I used to work at before to tell them that I’m quitting the job.”

Donghae nodded. “Go ahead,” he simply said and turned back to the television.

“Or maybe I shouldn’t quit the job,” she mumbled to herself. Donghae, who heard that, quickly whipped his head towards her. “Come to think of it, I agreed to work as your maid because I didn’t want to go to the party. But since I went to the party last night, that means I should continue working at the café,” she said thoughtfully.

“No. You can’t work anywhere but here,” Donghae spoke.

“Why? Working as your maid is so boring. It’s more fun to work at the café. At least I won’t stick in this house all the time,” she retorted.

“It’s not about fun or not. It’s about our secret. What if my mom saw you at the café serving customers there? Our secret could be exposed, you know.”

Hana heaved a deep sigh. “For god’s sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter