Chapter 30: Sad

Childcare Chaos

 

With the baby in her arms, the blonde girl runs around the area, trying to look for its mother or father. Her girlfriend had been trying to stop her, but the blonde girl refuses to listen. Finally, she spot someone, a couple, that might be the baby’s parents. Pushing her girlfriend aside, Jessica ran to the couple and stopped them, surprising them.

 

“Are you the parents of this baby?” She got straight to the point, with the fire still burning strong in her heart and eyes.

 

“N… No…” Slightly pressurized by the icy stare of the blonde girl, the couple denied it and walked away quickly, not wanting any trouble.

 

But that didn’t stop Jessica from stopping them again to question them, once again. The couple continue to deny, no matter how many times the girl ask them, and the man is getting annoyed. After being asked for the nth time, the man pushed Jessica away angrily and led his wife away quickly. Even before Jessica can react, he turns around and gives her a warning, asking her not to bother them anymore. Tiffany came soon after and apologized to them profusely, as she drags the blonde girl away instantly.

 

“Jessi! Why did you pester them even after they say that they are not? What if they hurt you after getting annoyed?” Tiffany shook her girlfriend gently, staring into her eyes with gentle gaze.

 

“… Irresponsible parents. I hate this kind of adults….” Jessica murmured.

 

“Jessi, no one will like this kind of people. But that doesn’t give you a reason to pester a couple like that…. Cool down, and think carefully before you act.”

 

Jessica nodded and took in a deep breath.  Tiffany’s gaze extinguishes the flame of fury in her. Even though their first meeting isn’t a very good one, she always feels that this girl in front of her is a very special person. Since young, she’s the only one that can ease the pain of getting thrown out by her parents. Truly the one that brought light to her darkening world.

 

Tiffany’s bright personality neutralized the coldness in her heart. Despite the few times she tried to ignore her, Tiffany never stop caring for her. She can even sense the reason of her sadness or anger every time.

 

“…. I’m sorry… It’s just that…” Jessica sighed.

 

“I know, Jessi. I’m here, Jessi. We will find the baby’s parents together, okay?” Tiffany pats the blonde girl with a beautiful smile. Jessica nodded and smiled. Even though it’s late already, the two girls continue to look around and ask around if anyone had seen the parent of the baby. Finally, their effort has some result. They managed to find the mother of the baby through the help of some witnesses. The mother is obviously shocked to see her child again, right in front of her.

 

“Is this your baby?” Jessica asked, trying hard to keep her calm.

 

“… Yes.” The lady replied, timidly.

 

“Why? Why did you abandon it?”

 

“… I… I don’t want it…”

 

“Just because you don’t want the baby anymore, you decided to abandon it? What kind of person are you?! Why are you so selfish?!” Jessica pushed the baby into Tiffany’s arms and grabbed the collar of the lady, shaking her violently.

 

“I… I’m sorry! But I have no choice! My finance is killing me! I can’t even feed myself well, how am I going to feed him? I… I just don’t want my baby to suffer with me, miss…. It’s hard… for me to make up the decision to leave it on the street as well…. My heart ache, miss….” The lady cried, causing the blonde girl to feel sorry.

 

“At least leave the baby to the orphanage….” Tiffany spoke, handing the baby to the lady. “At least there will be someone to take care of the baby.”

 

The lady nodded and Jessica apologized for shouting at her. After a small talk, the two girls bid goodbye and hurried back home. The blonde girl couldn’t help but to notice the expression of her girlfriend. That sad expression that she had never seen before.