Chapter 15: Uncle

Childcare Chaos

Taeyeon and Sunny are just sitting on a bench nearby, tired of always running after the kids and bringing them back. Since there’s at least one obedient kid in each pair or group, it shouldn't be much of a problem getting them to gather again later. (Irresponsible parents. Tsk tsk. XD) Just when they are about to relax and enjoy each other’s company, the tall kid crashed into Taeyeon’s embrace, sobbing.

“W.. What? Wait.. What happen, Sooyoung? Where’s Yoona?” Taeyeon is obviously shocked by the sudden appearance of the tall kid. Before she could get any response from the kid, another one came, running into Sunny’s embrace. Following behind her, is a stranger. A woman. “... Who are you?”

“... You must the one who adopt my dear daughter...” The woman smiled, but she didn’t get one in return. Instead, Taeyeon almost slapped her, but Sunny stopped her girlfriend just in time.

“You must be the cruel and inhumane person who abandoned her then?” Taeyeon glared at her. A guy, with a little girl in his arms, came soon after, and stood behind the woman. The woman said nothing, but keeps on staring at the sobbing shikshin. “Go away. She doesn’t want to see you.”

“So this is that trash that eats a lot?” The guy commented with a smirk, earning glares from both Taeyeon and Sunny, and the woman too.

“Sooyoung is not a trash, you jerk!” Taeyeon screamed, attracting much attention. But she didn’t care. It really angers her to hear people calling these poor kids names. Crowd gathers and the woman seems pretty uncomfortable with the amount of attention they are getting. Sooyoung clenched her fists, grabbing a portion of Taeyeon’s shirt in it. Yoona is now standing on the bench behind Taeyeon, trying to cheer her friend up.

“Does she still eats damn lot? Good thing I got her mother to get rid of her before m-” The guy doesn’t seem to be ashamed of himself at all, as he tries to insult the little girl even more. However, before he could finish his sentence, he felt a light kick in his right leg. He looks down, to see the doe-eye girl standing there, staring at him. “What the.. Get lost, brat!”

He puts down the little girl in his arms and grabbed the doe-eye girl, seem to be trying to hit her or something, earning much criticisms from the crowd. Sunny came forward and carried Yoona away quickly, but she couldn’t stop her girlfriend from charging at the guy and grabbing his collar. Despite her small size, she’s strong.

“Say another bad thing about my kids, and I will send you to hell, scumbag.” Without much effort, she pushed the guy to the ground and walked away. But before she can get back to the tall kid, someone grabbed her collar, and it’s pretty obvious who was it. However, she flipped him over easily, surprising everyone, including Sunny.

Knowing that he’s not a match of this girl despite the size difference, he scrambled away. The woman picks up the little girl and ran after him, after taking one last glance at Sooyoung who still refuses to look at her. The crowd clapped and left the two girls alone, back to their own activities. Sooyoung is currently hugging the doe-eye girl. Taeyeon tries to carry her but she didn’t want to let go of Yoona.

“... Y.. You’re cho... choking me... Youngie..” Yoona pats the tall kid’s back gently. Sooyoung loosen her hold immediately, but she didn’t stop hugging the doe-eye girl. Taeyeon patted her gently from the back, sighing.

After what had happened, none of them have the mood to play anymore. Sunny went off to gather the rest of the kids while Taeyeon stayed beside the tall kid. There is a sudden commotion going on somewhere in the mall but Taeyeon took no notice about that. Her attention is obviously on the two kids beside her.

“... When are you going to stop hugging Yoona?” Sooyoung is still hugging the doe-eye girl. Taeyeon received no response but she didn’t care. She knows that she needs to let the kid do whatever she wants for the time being.

“Miss, it’s time for us to close the mall. A show is going to be filmed here.” A security guard approaches Taeyeon, asking her to leave. Taeyeon nodded and replied that she will do that once Sunny comes back with the rest of the kids. While waiting, she could see the camera crews coming with the various equipments. She felt kind of amazed, to be able to see all these. She tried to get the kids to look at it but she was ignored. The logo and name of the show are on every single equipment. It gave her a sense of familiarity but she doesn’t remember why.

“Taengoo, let’s go.” Sunny finally came back, with a kid in her arms and four others around her. Taeyeon carries the two shikshins up with some trouble, considering the fact that Sooyoung is still hugging Yoona. They made their way towards the main entrance, where the show setting is at.

“Taeyeon ah.” Someone called the short girl, making both her and Sunny turn around to look at the owner of the voice. A well-built man walks towards them with a smile and the girls recognise him right away.

“Jong Kook oppa! Are you part of this show too?” Taeyeon wanted to give the man a friendly hug but she couldn’t due to the two kids in her arms. The man ruffled her hair. He’s her uncle.